M200 first Ares, then Socom Gear & now STAR

noodels

Well ARES used to make the guns for STAR and star re-branded them and sold them on. However they introduced a key element which was *some* QC, so I would suspect that this is just STAR buying ARES guns and running QC through them? Anyone got the ARES manual or know if its basically the same gun internally?

STAR's still around. Simply that their product line is diminished now that ARES (one of their primary OEM's) is no longer affiliated with them. Though ... I wonder if that's changed. With Star releasing their own M200 (which looks a lot like ARES' M200) and the fact that STAR no longer has that notarized letter about other companies taking advantage of them (which I assumed was targeted at ARES) ... perhaps STAR and ARES and back together? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

The M200 is pretty much an useless wall-hanger - see size/weight and ergonomics.

Companies should spend their R&D budget on more sensible replicas...

I bet this one will have the same cr*ppy internals like the Ares.

VSR hopup or internals in any of these newer replicas = never happen

In fact that is strange. Why would you create a whole new internals design when you have a working, well thought out and highly effective system already on the market with very good after market parts availability.

So?

Bjorn

The M200 is pretty much an useless wall-hanger - see size/weight and ergonomics.

Companies should spend their R&D budget on more sensible replicas...

I bet this one will have the same cr*ppy internals like the Ares.

The Socom Gear Barrett is as big as this and heavier. I own one and have skirmished it multiple times.

It's not even close to hard. If you can't handle only 25lbs, you guys need to start working out.

So please don't start with the

'' Oh! It's too big and heavy to use!'' ######.

EDIT:

?? You can't say C.rap? That's stupid.

• 1 year later...

Archived