Engrish...

HaVoC

its rather like all those idiots you see with japanese tattoos- "ooh yeah, I'm well 'ard, me, in a spiritual, shinto sort of way..." they haven't a foggiest that it actually translates as "I'm a silly english person who let me run amock in indelible ink on their skin, and paid me for the privilege, hahaha."

tolerance and understanding people, its what (ought to) make the world go round.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn right - Japanese tattoos on non-Japanese people are just stupid IMHO (unless they teach Japanese or are fluent in the language or something...).

Now I wasn't having a go at Japanese people for getting it wrong, I was having a go at the companies for not being bothered to write it in half-assed Engrish (which is only natural), then go to an English speaking person and ask them if it's correct. If it's not, they can simply change it so that it it right, and everyone's happy.

It's clear that there's a HUGE market for airsoft stuff outside of Japan, who why don't they bother?

despite the reasons why japanese suck at english, it's still pretty funny. when i first arrived in tokyo i started taking notes of the funny T-shirts people were carrying. but at the third day i stopped because i just couldn't be bothered flipping up my notebook every two minutes to jot down something stupid read off a T-shirt. some of my favorites are...

* rape café - out for baboons

* italians do it better (written in glittery plastic pieces, worn by a guy)

* hit mom

* i like cover my threesome (worn by a 15 year old girl)

* sun i'm retarded in boss

DSC00177.sized.jpg

couldn't quote us a bit could you?  :)  Even I wouldn't pay £10 for some Engrish hilarity  :D

As Fox said earlier, English is such a mish-mash of languages (romantic and norse) and is littered with inconsistent rules that its an incredibly difficult language to 1. learn and 2. create a decent automatic translation for.

A classic example of inconsistencies in the English Language is when your English teacher is explaining a new rule of grammar etc and finishes with- "and thats the rule; true for everything....except a few words. Not many...honest..."  :P

So true...

Im American, so I see/hear the butchering of English everyday, but this takes the cake.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult you at all. Ask, Rizzo, I really do love Japan and I didn't mean to be insulting. I listed those because I thought it would be funny... *damn* :blink:

If you want I can PM you with the 1000 reasons I really love Japan and the Japanese, starting with incredible style.

Archived