BB comparison

sirrith

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There you go :) They looked IMO a lot bigger and detailed when I looked at them with my own eyes trough the microscope. The .28 has the most smoothest and polished finish of them, but both the .36 and .40 are very nice too.

green: Guarder HPM .36

brown: Guarder HPM .40

white: Guarder HPM .28

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02348.jpg

Funnily enough I have some Guarder HPM .36 (for my Tanaka and electrosnipah) on the way from Firesupport as well as the HPM .28 (my clone L96 ran well on them stock, now it has a PDI 6.01 and a HP hop unit/Prommy soft rubber), I won't get a chance to test them at range but I can run a 5 shot group through the springer to see what FPS consistency is like...and obviously get back when I get a chance to try them out (April 25th hopefully)

• 4 weeks later...

Any experience of Hexagon Productions .30g bb's?

Bought a pack about year ago. Well gunner sure gives a good rep to them. In reality they might be good in weight ration but they suck in the polishind department. Their surface isnt polished at all and thus they get stuck in most of my mags. They ran fine only in VSR mag. All others failed pretty bad.

Bjorn

• 3 months later...

Yup, tried them. You can read more at airsoftretreat forums where I uploaded the pics as well.

In conclusion: now worth it since they look practically the same as MadBulls or OEM. Also shoot the same.

Bjorn

This section seems to have died off as of late.

Everyone fed up of sniping?

Anyway working my way through a bottle of Blaster .40s and I'm finding quite a few are pitted on the surface.

Next time I find one I'll pull it out and photograph it.

I'm waiting for about 5 more types of BBs to come in (that should already be on their way or will be soon) before I do another BB measuring spree to add to (or replace) my previous data. There are actually another few types I want to get in there as well (actually more like a dozen types, but some that I want more than others), so I may actually end up ordering those as well before I get to measuring. Since I just bought some expensive stuff from a friend That may delay those purchases. Apparently, my previous data are on page 52, and some other brands that will be added in this next set will probably include Bioshot, BB King, G&G, Matrix, WE, and then some other weights of Goldenball and Excel. So, stay tuned.

Then, one of these days, I'll get around to actually doing some shooting with some of them... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone fed up of sniping?

I guess everyone is fed up with wasting time on cr*ppy and rebranded products. :)

The Maruzen .29 SGM is still the benchmark BB.

The Madbull or Blaster .40 is still the best heavy BB. (Even if quality can differ wildly.)

Nothing new here...

I guess everyone is fed up with wasting time on cr*ppy and rebranded products. :)

The Maruzen .29 SGM is still the benchmark BB.

The Madbull or Blaster .40 is still the best heavy BB. (Even if quality can differ wildly.)

Nothing new here...

Agreed, there are are still many dedicated players, quietly sticking to their bolties. Although I have never bought anything other than what turned out to be the best at the time/now. Prices have rocketed and rebranding at huge inflated prices would put me off these days. For example my 2ROY hop kit was only about £36 posted from the states; while the rebranded king arms kit is almost £100 posted from in the UK :(

Even hop rubbers and SGM have crept up in price. My tub of 2000 MADBULL 0.40g is almost empty (now I have a VSR that runs on them aswell as the m40a1). So I guess it is BLASTER 0.40g, this time, as GUARDER are out of stock.

I'll try and do test firing with SGM vs MADBULL vs BLASTER (although FIRESUPPORT do now say the are from the same factory on their website). No doubt quality actualy varies from batch to batch, rather than brand to brand, but impossible to prove tbh. Now I have a HD camera I will make a video on the testing and hope for a calm day.

Good Hunting ;)

Agreed, there are are still many dedicated players, quietly sticking to their bolties.

We do here, still no other gun comes close to our VSRs... They still shine in woodland or in long range urban scenarios, out to 80 meters. :)

Hand picking is recommended for everybody who is buying the tan .40s (under all the different rebrands).

Generally, the cheaper, the cr*ppier they are.

We do here, still no other gun comes close to our VSRs... They still shine in woodland or in long range urban scenarios, out to 80 meters. :)

Hand picking is recommended for everybody who is buying the tan .40s (under all the different rebrands).

Generally, the cheaper, the cr*ppier they are.

So you hand pick based on what? Just external looks? Do you use some kind of tool of magnifying glass for it?

Bjorn

So you hand pick based on what? Just external looks? Do you use some kind of tool of magnifying glass for it?

Some rebrands are so bad (pitting, nipples, other deformations), you can hand pick them easily, just based on the looks.

For the rest you can use a micrometer and/or a precision scale. They come cheap.

Some rebrands are so bad (pitting, nipples, other deformations), you can hand pick them easily, just based on the looks.

For the rest you can use a micrometer and/or a precision scale. They come cheap.

i was thinking about picking up a scale to do the same, is there a noticeable difference in accuracy with selecting same weighted and sized bbs?

Archived