BB comparison

sirrith

Read back through this thread, you'll find my (& others) comments on the HPMs. They are possibly the best quality vfm bb out there. 90% as good as an sgm @ 10% of the cost. ;)

Greg.

Ok I'll get those then, they also happen to be the cheapest of all I find. :D
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who try a Guarder 0.4 BB?

woundering this aswell.

they look like they may just be re packaged madbull/blasters though,if there not they should be good as everyone rates the .28g bb,and there a fair bit cheaper than the madbulls/blasters £19.50 compaired to £24 for the blasters in the uk shop that sells them

woundering this aswell.

they look like they may just be re packaged madbull/blasters though,if there not they should be good as everyone rates the .28g bb,and there a fair bit cheaper than the madbulls/blasters £19.50 compaired to £24 for the blasters in the uk shop that sells them

Great minds , ive just been looking at these on fire support gaurder .40s for a bag of 1000 = £6.50 or madbull .40s i bottle 2000 = £17

Are they rebranded and shall i save £4 ;)

yeah they will be for my tanaka.

will probably be afew weeks/months before i can buy and use them ,as my sites still fighing to get re opened after a year of being closed,but sounds like there finaly getting somewhere with the council.

which is a good as ive only played 3 times in a year,and only twice with the tanaka :(

Good for 490fps with .2's?

If you get your kills between med & 60m, the hpms will be fine. I used them at 500fps for a while & did alright.

As a matter of personal choice I am now using .4's for 500fps sniping but not because they are a better, more accurate ammo: People 'feel' the .4's better & are more likely to take their hits.

A less accurate bb, that folk feel Vs a more accurate bb, that people ignore.

It's a mad situation but at ranges over 70m, something you have to consider.

woundering this aswell.

Have a search back through this thread. I did a bit of testing on most of the Blaster/Madbull (BROWN .4, GREEN .36's etc) bb's last year.

On the whole, price was proved to dictate quality. The Blaster devils proved more accurate in my tests, closely followed by the rest. Measuring them also proved interesting. Each individual blaster bb had a tighter spherical tolerance than the madbulls/etc. However, varience from bb to bb, was higher than the mad bulls/etc. The brown & green can also be hard to track. An advantage for concealment but a pain for follow up shots on a windy day.

Despite my findings, some folk still swear that Madbull/guarder/Zero one own brand are the nuts, so who knows.

Either way, I still maintain that the Guarder HPM .28 & SGM .29 are a more accurate bb. But lack the weight to make an efficient 500fps, +70m bb.

Dear Santa, SGM .33's, .39's & .43's please.

Please note, all my tests were done on vsr's with lalax barrels, at 400, 500 & 600 fps, & I think (check thread to confirm) 40m.

Greg.

The gun is not fully ready yet, and I havent used it in game because of that so I dont know how far I will be hitting. I discovered that my prowin hopup chamber scrapes the bb's slightly because there's a sharp edge inside it, that prevents double feeds. Still havent found a way how to smoothen it out..

Btw, I just remembered that I can get my hands on a microscope that is used to look very closely at pcb-boards at school. I could get some of those guarder hpm .40's, .36's and .28's and take a look (and take pictures if I can) from their surface. :D

Btw, I just remembered that I can get my hands on a microscope that is used to look very closely at pcb-boards at school. I could get some of those guarder hpm .40's, .36's and .28's and take a look (and take pictures if I can) from their surface. :D

Excellent, I look forward to seeing them.

Greg.

Excellent, I look forward to seeing them.

Greg.

If I'm lucky I get those bb's at friday next week . After that, Im going for a vacation for a week so unfortunately It's going to take at least 3 weeks before I can take the pictures, but its worth waiting. :D

As a matter of personal choice I am now using .4's for 500fps sniping but not because they are a better, more accurate ammo: People 'feel' the .4's better & are more likely to take their hits.

A less accurate bb, that folk feel Vs a more accurate bb, that people ignore.

Thats the same reason i always used digicon .43s ,not for there consistancy but for the reciepient feeling the thud factor more ,.29s sgms are good but at 2p per shot it got a little annoying when johnny hire gun didnt want to take the hit because it felt like a rain drop .. youve got to love the .43 woodcutting power

Thats the same reason i always used digicon .43s ,not for there consistancy but for the reciepient feeling the thud factor more ,.29s sgms are good but at 2p per shot it got a little annoying when johnny hire gun didnt want to take the hit because it felt like a rain drop .. youve got to love the .43 woodcutting power

Where do you get them for a tenner? :D

Greg.

Anyone tried vortex .28's, .30's, .33's or .35's? They are very cheap.. I've had some bad experience of their 0.2g bio bb's but that was 2 years ago.

Heh, I guess they are just repackaged gunfire bb's because I cant find any information about them :D They both come in exactly the same weights so..

woundering this aswell.

Bitchtits ,did you ever buy any , i have a couple of bags winging there way to me tomorrow i will let you know what i think of them ,i have a new M24 (tanaka paxed up ) with an unrestricted bolt dieing to try them out on propane

Hey guys, this is my first post :)

I just wanted to ask if I'm doing something wrong. I'm currently using a Well L96 (yes I know it's a very sh*tty gun, but I don't have any more money to spend on a new one. A while back I installed a PDI hopup chamber and a Prometheus hard bucking. I had to dremel the barrel a little bit to make the bucking fit but I think I did a really good job. My problem is with a .25 Madbull BBs (these: http://www.madbullairsoft.com/English/inde...products_id=79) I can only get about 100-125 feet. I read on some thread that using heavier BBs will give me more distance so I bought some .40 Madbulls (these: http://www.madbullairsoft.com/English/inde...roducts_id=206). This didn't help too much and I can only hit about 150 feet and not very accurately. My gun is completely stock other than the PDI hopup chamber, the bucking, and a cylinder nozzle tapering job done by me. Thanks in advance

Speaking of BBs, I know that the TM BBs are a little larger than KSC ones, and were designed to be used with the stock 6.08mm TM barrels. I installed a 6.03mm Promy barrel and I'm still using my TM BBs, is this going to be a problem or should I switch to KSC?

Speaking of BBs, I know that the TM BBs are a little larger than KSC ones, and were designed to be used with the stock 6.08mm TM barrels. I installed a 6.03mm Promy barrel and I'm still using my TM BBs, is this going to be a problem or should I switch to KSC?

They work ok in mine.

Greg.

Archived