WGC Site 'Defaced' ?

Guinness

http://www.wgcshop.com/

Oddly, it appears that WGC is either going through a major site overhaul or they have been attacked.

All product on every page and every section including the home page is...well, gone.

Usually the great folks at WGC do this type of work Sunday-into-Monday as they do not work on the 'weekend'- as well, usually this type of site upgrade/revision would take place behind the scenes and they would just upload or replace the visible site with the new changes- the fact that we are seeing the site in this state is very unusual.

For most of us 'westerners' our Sunday is actually their Monday- but the fact that there is no announcement on their home page, which they always do in this type of situation, is strange.

Before the 'expert opinions' about this start, may I please request no goofy theories (other than my goofy conspiracy theories ;) ) are floated- In other words if you have seen something somewhere stating they were going to be down this weekend, great- let us know. Other than that, this is kind of concerning based on how they usually operate the site- I mean they are basically missing the biggest shopping day of the week- and they just don't do that without letting their customers know.

....It's probably because of those damn WGC Custom M16's- they dropped the price into the basement, I was going to order a couple of them!!! Now what dammit!?!?!?! :unsure:

;)

Slainte!

-G

The products are probably pulled from a database. The web page being up and showing no products most likely means that the database is down or that the web server can't connect to it.

Could also be data corruption in the database, or something else entirely.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that the G+P MK18 mod0 (WGC custom version supposedly, although nothing I can see was added to make it custom) was listed at $3737. That, or terrorists.

If we stop buying Airsoft guns,

....then the Terrorists have already won :angry:

:P

Archived