Training / Practicing

infected

How aggressively do you train for skirmish?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. How aggressively do you train for skirmish?

• Never
    • Less than once a month but more than never
    • 1-2 times a month
    • 3-8 times a month
    • 8-10 times a month
    • 10+ times a month

Admittedly I have only just skirmish but I'm amazed how much some people sink themselves into it!!! Not that I didn't enjoy myself because I did, so much in fact that I've just purchased a TM M4A1 and a Glock 17, but I look on it as fun not I guess a way of life.

As I said I was shocked on m first day seeing people running around with thousands of pounds worth of weapons, kit, lasers, launchers, comm gear etc. Now I'm not against running with a support gun, side arm and possibly a whistler but WOW I really was shocked!! There were a few MOD guys there kitted to the hilt (as was one with me) but that I can understand as its their everyday life, but some of the everyday people were running with even more kit than them LOL!!

Now i know I'm going to get flamed for this post but I thought I'd put a little newbie angle into the conversation to give an outside view on things, and don't wory I donned my flame suit as soon as I began to type so feel free :)

At the end of the day i guess it is as with all hobbies some people will always be more involved in it that others I just can't see myself practicing X-times a week (when not at skirmish) above the level of a little fun ie target practice or mag swaps

Opinion over flame away :D

I play every 2 weeks, but as staff normally i'm on site all that weekend. We might sneak a quite game in on the alternate week. As part of the build/maintenace (sp) crew it gives me ample chance to learn the land and learn from my mistakes, IE i hid behind this, they shot me, why, ahhh i see now.

As said, XP is what you need and the only way you get better in the field is playing the game more and more. Knowing your personal kit is also a big one as far i'm concerned, My load out is always done the same way around each game, if i add something i put the whole lot on and check to see if i like it there and then practice various scenarios to make sure it works. All in all about 20mins, but worth doing.

I like what you said, Pace, about knowing your kit. If you can't find that mag when you need it, or have to hunt for your dump pouch... what good is it. Mag changes are great practice, and some thing I'm going to practice more off (now that I've got my mag pouches and 8 mags).

Big--G,

Good laugh at what you wrote. My experiences exactly. I am also not alone, I am sure.

Seriously though, if packing 12 grenades, a flashlight, and some candy bars is your thing, then you sure better know in which one of your 10,000 pouches your ammo is...

Kov

i will start my training each week!! for 5 hours shooting at targets realoding faster and so on but basically i have bought a clone to practice with :D but i will start kitting it out with tm parts soon

anyone know a few airsoft sites in linconshire please pm with any answer's and yes i have looked myself but only found one <_<

thank you

kiz

:assassin:

• 2 weeks later...

Heres something I just thought about regarding fitness

I know we have a fair few serving military from different countries including a number of UK Army, RAF and Im sure I remember someone saying a Marine.

Anyway, does anyone here have any electronic copies or know of any online content of training done by the forces? I think for some (especially the uber milsim types) that would be interesting and better fitness training (also good for anyone intending to join up)

I practice reflex aiming with all of my guns: I try to familiarise myself with the guns I do have rather than constantly buying new kit. I can point and shoot any of my pistols reasonably accurately very quickly, and I can reflex-aim my G36c pretty well too. Other than the occasional team training day, there isn't much more than that I can do, though, as I don't have access to anywhere nearby with suitable terrain for practising movement.

I do, however, go skirmishing three weekends out of four at the moment, so I'm getting plenty of practice at it.

I do the usual assortment of sit-ups, push-ups and biking at least three times a week for basic PT - this is the most important 'training' I do.

Reflex shooting, practicing loading magazines and drawing my Sig from my holster are the only Airsoft-specific training I do - the fundamentals, really.

maybe about 12 times a month. Mostly on movement, running, skulking, moving and shooting, diving, crawling. In fact my friend and I are going to go on a sort of march through the jungle this weekend. I don't train that much on shooting, maybe just some target practice but nothing too special.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived