Training / Practicing

infected

How aggressively do you train for skirmish?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. How aggressively do you train for skirmish?

• Never
    • Less than once a month but more than never
    • 1-2 times a month
    • 3-8 times a month
    • 8-10 times a month
    • 10+ times a month

Just curious how man of you train to skirmish? Whether it's just target shooting to perfect your aim, drills to work on your target acquisition, or mini skirmishes to work on team tactics... how often do you practice with or without teammates?

What do you do to practice and improve?

I put 3-8, but i don't consider what I do 3-8 times a month "training". I regularly play games in my backyard with a few friends, using springers, GBB's, and a Marui shotgun. It's just meant for fun, but I've found that it really improves tactics, as well as aim (single shot springers make you make every shot count).

As soon as my exams are over and Im back home Im planning on going the gym/pool 2/3 times a week to get fit but thats more for everything really (joined one here but they lost all my details so didnt bother joining again, too much cash).

Im also going on more hikes ect over the summer which will help, as well as actually getting to an airsoft game (same as the gym, lack of time and money)

Dont practice the actual airsoft much (would class the games as practice) as messing around in the garden in the UK can prove to be a big no no (and not worth the risk). If I have the kit out I sometimes practice mag changes or mess about in the flat (making sure the curtains are closed, lol).

This is great. I was curious what kind of answers I would receive. As soon as my pistol comes back from being repaired, I'm going to start up a section on my website devoted to training. It'll cover first the fundamentals of shooting and progress from there (grip, stances, accuracy, speed & target acquisition, and agility while shooting). A lot of what I'm going to cover is what is focused on in IDPA shooting (International Defensive Pistol Association), and then using some of their scenarios modified to suite both airsoft and the use of rifles. I'm going to cover topics such as engaging multiple targets quickly, handling malfunctions (reloads, jams, etc), and eventually covering team tactics.

When it comes down to it, these things are just fun to practice. I went through about 200 rounds in my pistol, practicing the other day, before my pistol failed (slide broke), so as soon as I get it back, I'll start filming for my website.

I do physical training daily, just for fitness's sake, but it certainly helps, (situps, crunches, running) airsoft wise, i practice room entrys, mag changing isnt an issue, nor is most tactics, i keep my cqb skills quick though, and i tend to play a few ultra realistic First person shooters, like swat 4, R6, lockdown, cod2, on full dificulty to keep my vision and reactions online...

We do some training about 1 time a month. We go out, play a few rounds of airsoft, then do some target shooting and jogging. Sometimes we just play some mini skirmishes which my team leader says, is one of the best ways to prepare- do the real thing.

Well I don't skirmish much, but I do Airsoft Practical shooting. Those skills do help on the field, and improving those skills is what the sport was developed for in the first place. Some of the things I practice with a pistol includes:

-Drawing the pistol,

-shooting multiple targets,

-changing the magazine,

-moving and shooting,

-various positions (standing, kneeling, prone),

-variations of the positions,

-shooting with strong and weak hand only

and the list goes on somewhat. Group practices are three times a week (2.5 hours each time), and I do some practicing on my own before matches.

Serious? Well, not really. I actually find my practice schedule quite laid back.

-Sale

I'm at the gym 3 times a week but I don't skirmish much. The only real 'skirmish' I've everhad was with my mate on Scout camp the other week at 1am, him with his MP5K and me with my M15A4 SPC and laser :D

I practiced moving silently, ie controlled movements of your body when moving(outsides of your feet down first and all that), stopping every now and then to listen out for anything, mag changes, using objects as cover (trees and buildings, even one of the groups' dining tables at one point :P

But mostly I guess it's just fitness work, and fiddling about in my room (oo-er) with my guns, doing mag changes and CQB stuff. Slicing the pie and whatnot. I do target shooting every once in a while, though not as often as I should. My weekend job prevents me from getting to skirmishes :(

Sale,

that's the same kind of stuff that I do.  From what I've seen, Airsoft Practical shooting seems to mimic IDPA a good bit (not a bad thing).

Airsoft Practical shooting is mimicing IPSC to be exact. I prefer not to use the name "IPSC" to avoid confusion. The American "APSA" is also a good name for the airsoft-version of IPSC.

-Sale

As soon as my pistol comes back from being repaired, I'm going to start up a section on my website devoted to training.  It'll cover first the fundamentals of shooting and progress from there (grip, stances, accuracy, speed & target acquisition, and agility while shooting). 

I don't really get how you'll show that stuff on a website. It's mostly a "feel" thing, in which "fundamentals" are fairly obvious, and things like having even trigger pull really don't make a difference on the field. It's something that just needs practice, and can't really be taught.

infected,

There are so many ways to train, its hard to list them all here. My best advice for you is as follows:

Play. Play. Play some more.

Keeping in physical shape is a very good thing to do in your spare time, but the best training you will get is from raw experience. Nothing trains you like slaying your opponents and getting sprayed back over and over again. Most people play airsoft for fun so this is a very good way to improve your skills while having fun.

Play lots of quick fast paced games that last for perhaps 40min at the very most. Fast paced games can have all of the maneuvering and stalking as longer epic games, but since you can run about six of them in day they are far better for experience.

Play games and then notice what you need to improve on. Trust me, you will know where you or your team mates are lacking. Then find ways to beat these troubled spots, study if you have to, and then field test them on your next game day. Train like its a sport and do what feels right.

K.

Archived