No Loadout? Hell Yes

FireKnife

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god damnit, everyone's on facebook. i just posted something- should probably add my numerous airsoft albums to the group.

as per on-topic, merc loadouts are awesome, however inefficient- you get the whole Jack Bauer feel going. I'd love to do a game in my jeans, a leather jacket, a vest and a holster- but no CQB facilities around here.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little surprised that people think mercenaries wear mismatched camo and a lot of black, all the guys in the private security contracting business that I know make damn sure they get the best gear they can afford (at the very least matching BDU), although the video-game commando look is pretty dang cool...

I will be using woodland camo BDU pants/shirt and a woodland camo ALICE rig, with my FA-MAS F1 and a balaclava, and if any geardo gives me a hard time I will just say I am a militiaman, rebel, or security contractor... My tactics are probably more in-line with one of the aforementioned groups anyways.

EDIT: Sorry for necro, I forgot to check the date...

The OP's loadout kinda reminds me of one of those "local forces" loads. Where the US trains local forces.

See the reason I get all the real official military gear is because I love the fit, very comfortable. I've purchased a full kit of flecktarn gear. I could get one of those random loadouts, put everything in my pockets, but the German gear is just so comfortable! The material on the BDU is great, strong, soft. The webbing is great, cheap, easy to put on, and especially comfortable. And while I was at it I figured I'd buy a USP and a G36, not mainly because they fit with the gear, but because I love the G36 and USP, nice looking and comfortable.

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't buy real gear for the purpose of being real, but because of it's amazing functionality. One of those random loadouts will work and is functional, but can't compare to the functionality of a full on military load. Or course everyone has their own style, and budget so it's all up to the player.

I guess you can count me in on the merc craze, my team's 'impression' is based on the paramilitary counter-terrorist force 'MITHRIL' from Shouji Gatou's scifi light novel series 'Fullmetal Panic!'... ^^;

Depending on season and AO conditions, the uniform is either 5.11 Tactical 'classic tactical' shirt/trouser in OD, or Tru-Spec Tactical Response Uniform shirt/trouser in OD. (Both uniforms are heavily modified)

Weapons and other gear are left up to operator preference and op requirements.

(pics forthcoming in the near future)

i dont really have a load out at all,

i prefer to go for what is comfortable and works well.

so:

Flectarn camo - because imo it is better camo than dpm!

a DPM arktis assault vest, although its more like od now because its so faded.

brown leather cowboy hat

British highleg boots

i use an m14

- thats it -

Why does Samm dislike Fire-knife so much... I don't really have a load out as far as clothing goes but I guess for mil-sim going merc style would be kinda cool although you might still have to follow some boundaries of alike clothing... Just a thought

B-RAD

See there's a big difference between a PMC("Merc") loadout and a civilian loadout. PMCs, Private Military contractors, probably dress more strictly than most geardos. They spend hundreds, even thousands on their gear. After all, they're on their own, so they need to make sure they can carry all their supplies, and be protected.

Now civilian loadouts are different. I like to call them local forces loadouts. It's like when civilians of some wartorn country pick up some camo and a gun and start fighting. It's usually just anything they can find, gear usually doesn't match. Still the loadouts are very easy to make and cheap, functional as well.

People often think that once you put on anything and a gun you're a "merc". You're what you really are, a civilian with guns.

Just to give a visual, here's some pics:

blackwater.jpg

PMC

Chris.jpg

Civies with guns

Archived