No Loadout? Hell Yes

FireKnife

I'm asking around to see if anyone goes for the Merc look, none matching camo's, Some personally modded gun and a side-arm coz they like it, i.e. not sticking to any countries load-out.

Mine is:

South African Transkei Shirt.

U.S. Survival Trousers (Darkend Flecktarn by the look of them).

VSR G-Spec.

KWA USPc or WE 1911.

Beret or some cap.

Please post up your 'Merc' kit or even post if you have a personal kit that you choose yourself.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mercenary loadout would still have to have a function though (not just random), because it describes a purpose.

I think you need to get past the "mercs are cool" stage in your life.

A mercenary loadout would still have to have a function though (not just random), because it describes a purpose.

I think you need to get past the "mercs are cool" stage in your life.

Says the man who probably dresses up as a soldier and plays toy guns with his friends.

C'mon, lighten up! It's a game. If FireKnife wants to dress up as a mercenary who apparently doesn't care for uniform camoflague, give him a break.

I'm probably going to end up looking like a "mercenary" in any case because I'm cheap and will buy gear depending on price, not realism.

Exactly, so why does it need to be called a "mercenary loadout" :P

Why can't it be more like, "I don't care for this geardo bull, so I just wear what I want"?

I suppose its a way of not getting the geardo's saying "ooh, he's not taking it seriously!" he's not wearing a designated countries military uniform as per spec of the Airsoft Warrior's Unspoken Code"

plus there's something nice about building a non-country specific outfit that not only functions but looks good.

Not sure if its "mercenary" per se, but its quite a cool thing when its done well.

Personally my 'merc loadout' (or 'urban terrorist' loadout when im using an AK) consists of:

Either British DPM 'woodland' trousers or British 'desert' DPM trousers (depends on the site)

A grey T-shirt (usually long sleave)

Guarder G-C4 Glasses

Australian-style Bronco Hat (and no it dosent have corks) or balaclava

Finglerless KooGa rugby gloves (yes they are civvie ones)

Weapon wise i usually use my stock M733 or an Ak-47

I'd use a tac vest etc but i usually like to keep things simple and carry as little as possible (also since i usually use it in small urban games its pointless carrying loads of extria weight). Pistol wise, i just never really use them myself so i don't bother carrying one around (and as a student, they arnt cheap!)

Tis funny sometimes to be underestimated on the basis of a lack of gear though :P .

there are plenty of things to call it. even civilian militia would work if you want loyalties to certain countries, like me :)

though i would wear a uniform if i had the money.

still though, a basic light green shirt and beige pants keep you fairly well hidden on a summer day.

currently i wear black combats/black t-shirt with a black tac vest, mostly play cqb indoor, but it's starting to get a little warm for outside, so might need to go with a lighter colour soon.

i like the all-black look, and what i wear is comfortable for me, not big on camo, but my personal favourite is multicam, it's just so bloody expensive, so decided to go with black for now

I’m not really a soldier wannabe or a geardo. I wear what I like and what suits the terrain I play in and I consider myself a ‘merc’ (as my M.S.I. sig suggests). I’m not really affiliated with an airsoft team or look to be honest.

I wear DPM as first choice as it’s cheap and easy to acquire.

I use the guns I like and as much pyro as I can carry.

I'm down with the 'comfort' look. Some people quite rightly go for the total immersion of the mil-sim look but I always like to remember that most military uniforms are cheap mass produced items when you compare them to the well designed, technical outdoors clothing that North Face et al come out with.

I then have to balance this with whether I think camo is effective in the ranges in which we engage, or whether I would rather have the advantages of technical fabric to stay warm and dry or to wick away sweat.

My most recent 'comfort' loadout:

TAD Gear Stealth Hoodie Softshell

Smartwool merino layers

SEALS Action Gear Multicam Trousers (in Crye fabric 'natch)

Merrell mid-height Gore-Tex boots

Bulle Recon Chest Rig (on loan whild I await a SORD rig)

HSGI Ball Cap (again, in MC)

However, due to a team move to CADPAT this has pretty much all been replaced. I wonder how long I'll be able to stay in uniform? ;)

My loadout:

Cargo shorts (mags go in pockets)

Black t-shirt

Mets hat

A pair of sandals

Homemade holster

FAMAS

M92

Sandals!! man your crazy, between getting shot in the foot and breaking your ankle...

Back on topic: to be honest i kinda like the urban combatant look and comfort wise its usually hard to beat.

Personally for my next game im planning on going for a ware-wolf look :P (yes i've seen dogsoldiers far too many times - if thats even possible)

Sandals!! man your crazy, between getting shot in the foot and breaking your ankle...

I'm not playing at an official airsoft site. I'm playing in about 2 acres of woods behind my house with like 10 people, and it gets rather hot in there during the summer. I've been doing it for a couple years now, and have never been shot in the foot or had an ankle injury :P

Archived