Unidentified Ariel Anomaly

Marrius

I was over at my girlfriends house tonight, she has a really good location for stargazing, and I saw something in the sky that I had no idea what it was. It was what appeared to be a cross between a cloud, the milky way and the nothern lights. It was in a mostly straight SSW to NNE line which it odd because the wind was moving W at the time.

It had the color and the transparency of a cloud, but it was very long and somewhat thin (much thicker than jet exhaust).

There was no way it could have been a cloud, because there were no clouds for 50 miles in any direction, and it seemed to stay in one linear shape as opposed to clouds which strech out and break apart over time.

The only other thing it could have been was the milky way, but it was moving. it kind of danced and slithered, very slowly, in the sky. The milky way (to my knowledge) does not move in the night sky.

When I saw it dancing around, I though it was some kind of aurora, but I checked the reports for auroras and Im not even sure they are possible to see in connecticut. also, the color was a whitey grey as opposed to the greens and reds of an aurora.

So what did me and my GF's family see? I just have no idea what it was and it it bothering the ###### out of me.

input? ideas? questions? I would really like to know what I saw.

My dad has had:

Ariel Red Hunter 350

BSA Bantam 175

BSA C11G

That I know of.

Mum has had:

BSA Bantam D175

Triumph Tina

And despite having 2 knee and 1 hip replacement, she still has:

1969 Vespa Primavera 125

1985 Vespa PK100

I have:

1979 Moto Guzzi V50/II

1982 Suzuki GSX400FX

1985 Yamaha RXS100N

1989 Yamaha FZR1000R-W ExUP

;)

I'm not sure...

strmp10i.jpg

My brother in law has a blue Triumph almost exactly like that. I think his has different exhaust though, can't remember (only saw the thing twice :P )

As for me, I'm not allowed to get a motorcycle until I'm 65, according to my mom, or when I'm 18 and buy one anyway :P (my dad rode from the time he was about 10 up until his second kid *or close to it anyway*, so around 1980 or so. He stopped for a while, sold his bikes for extra money, then recently bought one again *Suzuki Bergmann. Looks like an overgrown scooter, but it rides like a regular bike. It's like sitting on a Goldwing, very nice.*. He's trying to convince my mom to let me get one now so I can go out riding with him and learn correctly *because you can't learn by trial and error lol*, but she's not buying it :( )

EDIT: Man, I don't need to be typing this early lol.

Archived