Questions About Eagle Industries

Fuser

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What size should I get? I'm about 6ft, but I'm only about 145lbs. Do you guys wear the rig tight or loose? I like to wear my rigs tight so they don't slosh around and such, but I have to tighten the straps down a bit to get it to fit tight, and buy that time it's a bit too "short" (barely covers the belly).

I'm 5'9" about 160lbs.

I wear a large, not sure if that helps? :unsure:

I think that with the EPC the size only really changes the size of plates it takes and how tall it is at the front.

On the large it is 7 rows of molle high on the front, on the small I believe it is 6.

I wear it quite tight when I bend forward it is very tight

:rofl: Sorry. Well the only remaining factor is the plate issue. Also forgot, for your usual setting Pariah, how far down is it (above belly button or below, etc). Thanks!

Alright thanks. I don't really like it when the vest is so far from the belt, seems to look a bit silly unless your shirt is untucked, or if you have a large molle belt on.

You can just lower the plate carrier...

I have mine cinched up really high, you can wear it alot lower than that with no problems. I just prefer mine high. :)

Well if I have it adjusted so that it sits low, the vest will move up, so that the shoulder straps will be above my shoulders when I sit down. I have soft armor inserts in them, as well as 1 x radio pouch, 1 x admin, 1x 9mm, 1 x GP , and 3 x double m4 pouches.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that Triad Tactical lists the EPC without cummerbund to "support both soft armor and ballistic plates."

The EPC has only one pocket, it does however have a strap in there and the only use that I can think of is to seperate soft armour and plate.

Anyone know for certain? I'm onlt guessing because of the size of the pocket and this random strap :unsure:

I think the EPC can take soft armour, but in a different shape, I think its a large bit for the front and back, with smaller, separate bits for the sides. I have no idea how a CIRAS takes them.

The Eagle HPC will take both soft & hard panels. The cummerbund is hollow and a soft panel about 5"x9" can be fitted, there is also a 6x6" mesh pocket for a stand alone plate.

Depending to the vest size different inserts will fit front & back. Standard soft & hard 10x12" in the S/M model and Large 11x13" in the L/XL. The front pocket will also support a custom/specific shaped soft and/or hard panel. If you fit all the extra gubbins you effectively get a level of coverage close to that of a full assault vest while still having better ventilation.

This flexibility is part of the reason it is such a popular product in professional circles.

The down side is that fully loaded up the weight of the HPC is not distributed as well as a "heavier" vest, like the Rav or Ciras that use an internal cummerbund to put some of the load onto the lower torso & hips.

Also because the EHPC has a load of pals space the tendency is to put a lot of pouches on it which kind of defeats the lower profile of using a PC in the first place.

Waco, to simplify things, the small/medium takes medium sapi plates and the large/xl takes large sapi plates.

Sorry, i know that seems ultra simplified but i just wanted to lay it out there for the numerically challenged. :)

Quick question...can you run a medium sapi plate in a large/xl carrier? Would the plate bounce around or does it stay put?

Waco, to simplify things, the small/medium takes medium sapi plates and the large/xl takes large sapi plates.

Sorry, i know that seems ultra simplified but i just wanted to lay it out there for the numerically challenged.  :)

Quick question...can you run a medium sapi plate in a large/xl carrier?  Would the plate bounce around or does it stay put?

Yup you can run "medium" plates in a L/XL vest. The front plate will just sit about one pals row short of the top. The fit is tight enough width ways to stop it moving around though, especially with a soft panel fitted behind it.

The reason I didn't refer to plate sizes in M/L/XL is that I have never encountered a RS plate marked up or described in those terms. SAPI dimensions vary by as much as 1/2 inch a side for a standard (i.e. baseline 10x12" or 25x30cm) plate depending on who has produced them. Also the curvature & materiel of the plate affect this to a degree.

Now that I've got a primary and a secondary along with a few bits of gear, I'm slowly trying to piece together a loadout.  I'm keeping it simple in terms of BDUs and other gear, but I'd really like to get a good quality MOLLE vest that will last.  Price isn't really an obstacle.

I've done some research and since most airsoft replicas are pretty expensive anyway, I've decided to go with the real thing.  I'm 99% sure that I'd like to purchase an Eagle Ind. product, so only suggest something else if it is truly a better option than what I've chosen (i.e. if you own/have used both and know that something else is better).

I'll probably only need pouches for mags and utilities at first, but I'm staying away from simple magazine chest rigs because I think I might add more pouches in the future and I like to customize the locations of pouches.

Basically I'm between the Eagle Ind. CIRAS, $580ish, and the Eagle Ind. Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund, $190ish.

All I would really appreciate is for someone to explain to me the major reasons that the CIRAS is around $400 more, in terms of quality, comfort, etc.  It seems as though almost everyone buys the CIRAS and I can't recall ever seeing a picture of the Plate Carrier on the forums.  I'm not sure I need to spend that much on a vest if I don't really need it.

Please explain to me the price difference, the pro's/con's, if you think the CIRAS is over the top, what might be better and so on.

Just for reference, I play very small games, I'll only be carrying 6, maybe 7 M16 mags and 2 pistol mags, and a pouch for goggles.  Later, as I said before, I might add more pouches.

Thanks!

edit

Mods, please move this to Newbie Discussion if it'd be more appropriate.

I would reccomend getting a CIRAS. You can find it a lot cheaper though. At OPTactical, they sell it for $480=ish.

• 8 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I was dissatisfied with my Pantac MBSS, and I've decided to spring for an Eagle PC since Triad has them fully in stock again. I just have one question about the sizing.

I have 10x12" replica plates (Medium), so technically I could go with either the S/M or L/XL size. So I'm wondering:

Do these two sizes really differ much when it comes to the "wideness" of the person, or is the L/XL just the S/M with an extra row of MOLLE? As far as I can tell from most pictures, the L/XL looks as though it is only larger in length, not in width (if that makes sense). Therefore, would it make more sense to get the L/XL to have this slight bit of extra real estate for the same price? Which size is more popular? If you could just state which size you prefer, and why, that's all I really need.

I'm just trying to decide which would be best for me, and if there is a size that is generally understood to be "better" than the other.

In case it helps I'm about 5'11", 165lbs but fairly skinny.

Only difference is the number of rows of PALS. L/XL has one more row than the S/M. I had a S/M and I'm 6'0 180 lbs and found it to be a bit small on me, so a S/M may fit you just fine

For me personally, Im a pretty big guy, and could have used the extra length of the L/XL

Think it would be a harder call for you Render. Usually u want to be able to bend easily at the waist, have room for a first line. Think of it as protecting the rib cage area and not the whole of the gut. I made mockups of the carriers out of paper to see what the size was going to be like(based on pal dimensions).

While I haven't tried on many other vests/PC's for comparison, I don't think I can get my EPC to fit me any more perfectly. I'm 6'2" 205lbs and run the L/XL model. Judging from your description you might want to opt for the S/M in my opinion, to avoid the PC coming further down your gut closer to your waist. Something that I highly recommend as an accessory that will also raise the EPC up about 1/2 inch on your body is a pair of Eagle shoulder pads that slide over the existing ones. They're basically wider to prevent heavier loads from digging into your shoulders.

Archived