New pistol

AGuy

So, as the title says, I have been looking for and researching pistols that i can use in place of my aeg because that bamboo with a g3 saw is no fun. Please point me to any experience with the guns or if you know of a gun that i may be interested in. I am interested in a pistol that:

-Has longer than normal range

-higher than normal fps

-full auto capability would be helpful

-perhaps something smg styler

-reliable and accurate

What i have researched/found

-RWC coffin nail

-Western Arms M8045F Custom Cougar Warrior

-Western Arms SVI/PK Mk2 Basic Set (gigante)

-Any digicon gun

To cover these basis i first started looking at the Redwolfcustom guns, particulary the RWC coffin nail. It says that they can make one in 5-7 days if it is out of stock but they say they cannot. Using a straight custom as an "aeg" is basically impossible unless i can find a km tn barrel

I like the cougar custom warrior, especially the forward magazine. Reviews say accuracy is good but gun is just not up to par with other pistols. Full auto capability is a + and it has decent fps. No hop up

-WA svi, High fps, decent accuracy, full auto. It is expensive and usually attracts negativity, smg look makes it unique and i love smg's

Again with the digicons, they have high fps which would allow me to take out futher targets, they look different and are high quality. Downside is that it is difficult to find parts or accessories to make it skirmishworthy, ie km tn barrel that would give it hop up or extra mags.

So please reply if you have any comments on the previous guns or if you can point me to anyother gun that you think i may be interested.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make a Patriot.

Even better.. make an Olympic Arms 'handgun'. (hang on.. are they also one and the same?)

Something different, track down the parts (front end) for the SP89.

What about the marui Skorpion AEP? and upgrade that.

Reliability is almost something that you have to do (with keeping it maintained)

Higher than normal FPS.. the talk here is supposed to be restricted to >1J

"Normal" depends on what is normal for one person.

Normal in the UK is not going to be normal in the US, but will probably be normal in Japan. Definitely not in HK too. :P

I don't see why you cannot use a standard pistol (be it semi or full) with only mild upgrades, as the pistol is far more point able, compact etc etc.

He's looking for pistols that can replace his AEG. Why are you talking about more electric guns when he doesn't mention one in his list?

--

Anyway, the following will have range/power equal or higher than an AEG

Gigant (get the full set from a HK dealer, around 500+ dollars and it comes with stock,foregrip,silencer,red dot) - huge fps even on 134a..

Upgraded Tm 226/G17/1911 - Fit an extended tightbore, hi-flows, piston head, metal kit, etc.. - even in stock form the new tm gbb's can outrange some AEG's, higher fps can only help this..

WA SVI 6inch - same sort of upgrades, similar performance to the gigant (slightly lower fps probably, but an awful lot prettier)..

Tanaka M500 8 inch - Sexy as hell, NBB so hightened accuracy, I believe you can also install a scope in place of the rear sight, 320 on 134a so probably very high fps on green. It's also very reliable.

--

cheers.

FPS =/= range. The TM MP7A1 for example comes damn close to the range of a and older design stock TM AEG.

Again, don't bother replying with reasons to buy an AEP/G when the OP has obviously stated he doesn't like the sound/feel of electric guns.

All TM's get around the same range, GBB AEP or AEG, this is due to the hop especially.

--

Yes I would have suggested the 10.5 if it weren't so damn ugly! The 8 inch is a very sexy revolver indeed.

OH yeah.

I think there was even a Gigant being sold on here for what seemed a RIDICULOUSLY low amount.

HBC- I saw the 'aeg' aspect of his question, but he didn't specifically mention gas use only. Those suggestions I think were valid, as they are 'pistol'/handgun' class.

I prefer the gbb too. I reckon doing some other work to one of the SVIs from WA or one of the newer TM GBBs would be good.

A TM with a 7" 6.01 for max accuracy, or a TM with a 7" 6.05 for max FPS and range. I would suggest a Hicapa due to the mag cap and the amount of upgrades available.

A man of my same mind.

Oh, and please stay away from the Gigant. Practicality on the field is a laughable proposition.

You mentioned an interest in Digicon guns, but the major downside was the difficulty of finding a KM SCS barrel?

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=22062

I have a 6" (standard) Digicon .44 DE with one of these barrels, and I must say it's a beast. The only thing I ever wanted to add to that pistol was an adjustable hop-up, and then I found the KM SCS barrel.

Another possibility would be one of the TM GBB pistols with an extended barrel. I'm talking about the Hi-Capa or Glock based on own experience, but why not the P226 or 1911 as well. They are one of the few gas guns that can compete with AEG consistency when it comes to fluctuation of the muzzle velocity, and the H-hop as standard doesn't hurt either.

-Sale

True that KSC/KWA hops are pretty shoddy, but if you combine that with, shall we say, Vicious's glock chrono results, I believe the range would be on par if not greater than that of a TM's. As for the accuracy, I believe an AEG length tightbore is more than enough of a match for a stock 226 barrel. Don't get me wrong, I think TM guns are fantastic, otherwise I wouldn't be spending quite a large chunk of $ upgrading one.

Unsure if you're after a GBB rather than an NBB - must admit i read the OP fast. But what about the TM socom? It can be made to take higher pressure gasses, has a silly long range, very accurate etc. No fully auto, but with the price of pistol mags, why not use semi?

I've seen lots of regular players use them instead of AEGs. 4+ mags and they're more than good enough for short to medium length games.

And no-ones mentioned the KSC TMP/SPP series yet? Shame on you.

The TMP is a great all round gun, consistent, accurate and well ranged. It can easily be scoped with a very reasonably priced rail. Its very solidly made, makes a great noise, and you can turn on the firepower (auto) with a flick of the index finger.

If you get a silencer get a non KSC one, the official one comes with a barrel extension in it which is frankly a bit rubbish. If you hunt around you can even find stocks for them.

I'm cleaning and servicing an old one for a mate at the moment and it just makes me want one for myself.

You've also got the SPP, the TMPs barebones brother. It lacks the foregrip and comes with shorter mags (although both are interchangeable).

Archived