New Details About Tillmans Death

M14

Some of you might remember in 2004 when Pat Tillman, the former NFL star, was killed in Afghanistan by friendly fire. There was an article about new details on his death on Optimum Online news yesterday but I cant pull the article back up. Fortunetly Forbes posted the same exact article. Wikipedia seems to be up to date so if you the whole page about him you can get all the info on what happened in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/26/ap3958728.html

Basicly medical personel who did Tillmans autopsy suspected that his death was deliberate and not an accident, which was what the official reports of his death said. The evidence is that the 3 M16 rounds in his head seemed to of been shot from only around 10 yards away. Also stories on his death are conflicting. There is more but thats the main idea of the article.

I really dont want to go into it, but personally I think the guy was sort of a pr**k (to the other soldier) and though of the other soldiers as lower than him. If he was killed by another soldier on purpose, the majority of the soldier in his unit would of had to know (and disliked Tillman) becuase the offical reports say otherwise. Its easier to just rat the killer out the next day and just have him get punnished than wait 3 years, have the truth come out, and everyone get dishonorable discharges, demotions and worse.

I allways thought his death in 2004 was a little fishy.

In 1981 two scientists working at IBM's Zurich lab built a machine called the scanning tunnel microscope.

With this device they can resolve things as small as 0.2 nanometers and manipulate individual atoms.

If you had one of these devices you still couldn't find a part of me that cared about this.

Well, considering we have more troops than anyone else over there ;)

Somewhere in 2002, I heard that 1/3 of the deaths in the middle east were caused by friendly fire. And that when the death toll was under 1000.

I just thought it was interesting that the guy was probably killed on purpose by other soldiers. He should of took the couple million and stayed in the NFL.

I'm not surprised the death toll was under 1000 in 2002. The invasion didn't occur until 2003....

Invasion of Iraq occurred in '03. But he said:

Somewhere in 2002, I heard that 1/3 of the deaths in the middle east were caused by friendly fire. And that when the death toll was under 1000.

Meaning, Afghanistan.

Because he's a celebrity, and that status makes him better than the rest of us by default.

...somehow  :unsure:

He's not that much of a celebrity. had a few friends round the other night, asked em, every one of them like me had not heard of him

you have to be quick to use the fixed joke, you cant use it on a comment almost a whole page ago...

which is why you have been awarded the Award For Outstanding Epic Fail In The Field Of Wit

Which you, if you lived here, would find that it is very much true amongst the majority. And, unlike you, I have experience with that, as does my entire *fruitcage* family.

And notice stereotypes affect everyone, not just people in a particular city ;)

But, of course, there's something inherently wrong with being a Japanophile, so select jerkwads like to pick out every single mistake I make.

Ok, this guy wasn't just some celebrity. He was one of the best players the Arizona Cardinals ever had, and also was one of the classiest. Did alot of work in the community here. After 9/11, he left behind a very promising football career and joined the Rangers. Don't just call him some celebrity.

Archived