A&K M249 initial impressions

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, Im about to buy the Para, but Im thinking it twice now because the fellows of ACMGAMES told me that the there is no replacement for nozzle (it is longer than the used in M4) and neither for the hop-up rubber (longer too). Anybody knows about these issues?

It is clear that all the other parts are V2 gearbox parts (piston and cylinder components, as well as the tappet plate and gears and the motor), but hop-up and the nozzle are very important parts that need to be replace by time to time...

If it weren't for the fact I haven't got a car atm while still sorting out the insurance claim I'd be well up for that - it has been too long since I made a visit to CS.

As for spare parts to those two items - I'd heard similar mumurs of size differences to usual parts elsewhere, but if that is the case I'll just live with it and hope they don't break !

Edited by Shard

Pah, I'm pretty sure it's easy enough to manufacture a suitable nozzle if required and, as the for the ho-up rubber, I'm sure something can be made to fit if required.

On that note, I guess it's worth mentioning that, when the CA249 came out, LOADS of people managed to kill their gun by screwing the hop-up adjuster in too far which caused BBs to jam in the barrel and mangle up the tappet plate and piston.

Just thought it might be worth reminding everybody of that now.

Make SURE your A&K hop-up is backed all the way OFF and then adjust it slowly and only as far as you need.

I'm sure CA249 owners can shed a bit more light on this but I know it caused BIG problems when they first came out.

Good call with that reminder regards the CA249 Stealth, I'm pretty sure we can do a direct read across to the A&K M249 with that judging by the pictures I've seen of the HOP unit.

I'd offer you a lift Shard but even if I do go I'll be starting on the Sunday from my girlfriend's place in Eastleigh so I'll be on the wrong side of Southampton for you.

Plus I'm in two minds at being a member of the "Minimi Flood" that's sure to occur for the next few weeks at most sites as happened after the Star M249 came out.

Just to put things in perspective...

If ASW get 300 of these in at 9am and work an 8 hour day, with 1 hour for lunch, they will have to check, wrap and label 40 of these guns an hour to get them all in the post tommorow.

That's roughly 1 every 90 seconds.

And they have a shop to run.

So, let's not be too surprised if they don't all arrive this week, eh? ;)

Also, assuming they're all sold, 300 x £199.99 is a nice little earner too.

How do you plan to make a hop-up rubber by yourself? Regarding the nozzle, it is possible you could make one, but not to make one with air seal (inner O ring). These two components are really important parts of an AEG to make it perform as they have to, and in the case of the Hop-up rubber, dont forget that it has to be change by time to time. The nozzle can brake easly, above all in support arms like M249 with continuos bursts.

Edited by Elquemira

I thought I would stick up some pictures for a comparison between the CA, STAR and A&K M249 series AEG's.

Here's a picture of all three.

The Para is a STAR, the MK1 is Classic Army and the MK2 is A&K.

249b.jpg

249a.jpg

249.jpg

front view of each type:

249e.jpg

249c.jpg

249d.jpg

All 3 gearbox's:

249i.jpg

The CA and A&K barrels and Hop ups:

249j.jpg

The rear sights on the CA and A&K:

249g.jpg

And lastly the A&K stock:

249h.jpg

If anyone wants any specific pictures i will try to help out.

do you know if its poss to remove  the stock of the ank mk2 thanks for the pics dude makein me drible evan more

Yes it is, it's the same as the CA, Star and real thing for that matter. Access to the rear of the gearbox and thereby the mainspring change feature is gained by removal of the stock.

How do you plan to make a hop-up rubber by yourself? Regarding the nozzle, it is possible you could make one, but not to make one with air seal (inner O ring). These two components are really important parts of an AEG to make it perform as they have to, and in the case of the Hop-up rubber, dont forget that it has to be change by time to time. The nozzle can brake easly, above all in support arms like M249 with continuos bursts.

I'm pretty sure anybody with a lathe and half a brain can make a nozzle. Even one with an o-ring seat.

If you're nice I bet they'd make you one too.

As for the hop up, I'd just modify the inner barrel so a normal hop-up rubber fits.

Failing that I'd buy a normal AEG barrel, fit that to work with the hop sleeve and then modify the hop-up adjuster to suit the nwe barrel/sleeve combo.

Speaking as somebody who has modified a TOP M60 to work with a FAMAS gearbox and feed from a motorised boxmag, I'm not that worried that adapting a nozzle or hop up will be beyond the ken of somebody in the airsoft community.

Actually while I'm here i will list the things I have found on the A&K which caused a problem.

firstly when I first fitted a battery and fired it it would stop. The cause of this was the grub screw in the trigger being too high. I adjusted it and it fires fine now.

The second thing that happened was when i removed the gearbox. I managed to snap the little lever on the micro switch. I have ordered a replacement and frigged the one in the gun for the time being.

So be careful when removing the gearbox.

Plus points go to the Mag which is auto winding and works really well. (maybe CA should take note of this!!)

cool but would you be able to use with out the stock on  and were does the battrey go on the mk2

Why on earth would you want to use it without the stock fitted?! If you want a shorter weapon then the Para is the way to go.

Jebus will have to give you the definitive answer as to the battery location in the A&K Mk2 but in the CA it is in the stock.

the battery fits in the stock and takes mini batteries. I have managed to fit a custom battery I had for a star sopmod in there (8.4v 2200Mah). there is a bit of room however a large battery will not fit in the stock plus it has the small tamiya connector on the loom.

I think you could make a custom 8.4v 3000Mah battery if your a bit handy with a soldering iron and possibly a dremel.

I will try swapping the mags over tomorrow and let you know the results.

On another note the M4 magwell on mine is a bit loose. I have to hold the mags in place for them to fire. if I let go of the mag I can feel the little spring in top of the magazine pushing the mag away from the nozzle.

i will see if I can come up with a fix however I'm not too bothered about it as I'm most likely going to use the box mag anyway.

I also noticed that the ROF is a lot slower on the A&K and really needs a 9.6v battery to give it some go.

if the CA one is firing at say 800 BB's per min then the A&K one is firing 600 roughly.

and lastly for tonight if you buy the MK2 make sure you tape on the butt cap when you skirmish it's not the tightest of fits and reminds me of all the lost TM AK butt caps if you know what I mean.

Edited by mightyjebus