Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a few new reviews coming out

http://acmgames.proboards66.com/index.cgi?...87074825&page=2

some parts i had to translate

by Sagara Sousuke_The Second Raid

PROS

1).the gear box has a metal bearing bushing 

2) indeed the spring is longer than a normal aeg but fear not it takes normal springs.

3) the gearbox looks a bit rough but thick.

4) it has the quick release spring thing as said.

5)the sound activated box mag works great

6) best of all it crank my sp150 stock everything including battery nothing change. dont belive me u can try it hehehe

7)Metal spring guide.

8)good seal airnossle

9) has a 9.6 firefox 1100 ni-mah.

10)has good rof as stock.

bads stuff

1)heavy parts makes it hard to dissemble (well for me ah)

2)poor hop rubber.

3)different diamater of nossle of the  cylinder head. wouldnt fit ca airnossle or well.

4)it has a type 0 cylinder even though its only 363 length of nner diameter. m4 length inner barrel.

enjoy this gun. it might be heavy but its great!!

Body is steel.

Cover is pot metal.

Barrel, not sure.

Externally, very nice, but the gearbox is screechy as hell and it only does 400-odd fps on a M150, which suggests that the standard A&K horrific airseal issue is afoot.

I've seen these up at Airsoft Scotland and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the parts I intend to put into one

Guarder SP90

Guarder Clear/TM hop up sleeve

Deepfire polycarb piston

Systema shims

Systema Duracon piston head

TM EG1000/Systema Turbo

This is as well as giving the gearbox a disassemble, clean out, regrease, reshim and I am tempted to contemplate rewiring the thing unless someone in the know can tell me its adequate. Would the full stock take a normal large battery?

I really want to use this as a project gun and fit an M4 length barrel to it, Para style flash hider and the railed feed cover and I'd rather do that by spending £400 and getting all the parts I need to get it running reliably and consistently than spend £400 for just a gun I'm going to spend another £300 on getting bits and pieces for

Personally I think the Systema stuff is over rated (the shims are fine though). A decent polycarb piston head and a good battery should be fine. Find out if you can throw a large 9.6 or 10.8 (not sure what it comes with), in there. If you can, I'd do that rather than investing in a motor. If the motor dies down the road, then replace it.

whats your goal with it? Trying to make it reliable, or going for ROF, (I'm guessing not fps since you're in the UK).

I'm curious about its compatability with aftermarket external parts.

I'd like to build something along the lines of the M249 SPW so my plan was

A&K M249 Para

CA Upper Ras

CA or G&P Lower RIS

So if anyone tries it or has any information please post here :D

$5000HKD over here. Bout 625USD.

Is that for all varient's?? Or is it only the MKII/one of the other models?

Edited by tangman
I'm curious about its compatability with aftermarket external parts.

I'd like to build something along the lines of the M249 SPW so my plan was

A&K M249 Para

CA Upper Ras

CA or G&P Lower RIS

So if anyone tries it or has any information please post here :D

something like this?

Image047.jpg

100_2395.jpg

100_2396.jpg

i somewhat tried it seems to fit

Except the Flash Hider EXACTLY THAT! :D

I'm assuming thats the A&K M249 Para??

Would you mind giving a parts list please?

Also did you have to dremel/do any major modifications to the M249 for the parts to fit or did they fit on without any modifications?

Ah ###### :(

Could you give a definitive parts list anyway and what AEG you used as a base (eg G&P, CA) and how easy installation was....or are you going to turn around and tell me it is the Star Mk46 :P

Please feel free to PM the details to save the thread going off topic :)

Thanks again :D

Why not just buy the para version?

Because I want the solid stock of the Mk.2 for a large battery and presumably the Para version would be wired to the front. Of course I suppose I could just work out how to rewire the box to the rear, buy a solid stock and put some nice heavy guage wire in

TBh, if I get one I'll be chucking most of the internals right out and rewiring the thing anyway - the GB on the model I tested was REALLY screechy.

Also, it's an M150 spring - 490fps, but the model I tested chronoed only 420ish. MAD airseal issues.

It's ######, Theforegrip isn't even an alluminium base meaning it won't be as durable thus this is the probably the most held part on the M249. Secondly for an evedently 'lighter' alternative this gun still puts up the 6.5KG weightage. I can't see how this can be compared with an CA version, Although I admitt it's price is alright I would certainly not trust the design on this and save that more for a trusted make. I mean think about it the only decent chinese copies would be the M4 series by d-boys and the Jing gong Guns.

Also the front rear sights are made of a cheap looking metal which I hear doesn't even have an ajustable feature. It's good that they stretched to make 3 different versions which was brave of them. But As I say I would'nt even like to open that feed tray to look into the internals! god knows what it is, probably a PGC gearbox I hear, I mean at least have the decency to put a version 2 or 3.

Final remark: BUY A Do not try to bypass the swear filter. G&P OR CLASSIC ARMY ONE! OR EVEN A TOP ONE FOR THAT MATTER.

Edited by FarEast