A&K M249 initial impressions

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An announcement on the airsoftscotland website

"An important change has taken place which involves online payments for ALL airsoft replicas. Paypal in their infinite wisdom have decided to pull the plug on us all by closing down all accounts dealing in airsoft and air gun products. We actually received no notice from them at all which was very nice and polite of Paypal - thanks for nothing!"

I'm glad i payed before they got shafted,i just hope they have my money & paypal didn't steal it off them.I've just mailed them to confirm all is well.

hi so how did you fit a  9.6v battery in to the a&k plz mate was it in a batt bag or something ah its ok someone has  helped with this am so not lookin thanks

I used a 8.4V 2200Mah custom battery. It looks like a stick battery but has 3 cells connected by wire. There is enough room to fit 2 stick batteries in the stock. All i did was fold the battery in half(kinda) and it slotted right in.

My Mk2 didn't come with a battery or charger.

An announcement on the airsoftscotland website

"An important change has taken place which involves online payments for ALL airsoft replicas. Paypal in their infinite wisdom have decided to pull the plug on us all by closing down all accounts dealing in airsoft and air gun products. We actually received no notice from them at all which was very nice and polite of Paypal - thanks for nothing!"

I'm glad i payed before they got shafted,i just hope they have my money & paypal didn't steal it off them.I've just mailed them to confirm all is well.

I'm rather glad I payed ASW directly with a credit card rather than going through PayPal on this occasion in that case.

I'm rather glad I payed ASW directly with a credit card rather than going through PayPal on this occasion in that case.

My problem is that i can't afford to spend family money,all the funds i've made on ebay & payed into paypal aren't coming out of the family budget & as such i don't miss them.I've made enough to fund my airsoft buying over the last year with out having to spend much out of the family budget,i was able to afford to 249 because of a mixture of timing & luck{my Mrs bought something for about £1.75 & sold it on ebay for $250 & that went towards to 249}& i really can't stand the idea of paypal ripping everyone off.If it wasn't for the fact paypal is damned useful i'd have sacked it off ages ago.

Finally, after 3 missed flights in Hong Kong and Heathrow keeping them overnight and charging us £296 storage fee, they are here. ALL will be delivered by Friday :D

Steve M

ALL of them have batteries and chargers, as advertised!!!!!!

Woop ! Looks like it will be in time for the weekend afterall. Cheers for the thought of the offer anyway Tarnish :D I too am glad I used worldpay and my card rather than paypal. Could have been a right *bleep* otherwise :(

Roll on M249 day this week !

just got my e-mail from AW that says my order has been shipped!!!!! will be with me tommorow!!!

im so excited its feels like christmas!!!!!

dont know if these have already been posted but i stumbled across this page with some pics of the para on!!!:

http://zhoulin.blshe.com/post/308/91453

looks like it comes with a railed top cover!!! this might also be old news! sorry if it is.

So whats the deal with the nozzle and hop rubber being a different size can anyone confirm this??? thanks

Butch

I paid for my PARA via paypal last thursday and it will be delivered tomorrow, so I would assume if you have paid via pay pal and have received notification payment made then you should get your aeg.
Hmm, I'd hope not being I paid in full via worldpay the day they were first up for pre order on ASW and I haven't received any sign of a despatch email :mellow: Edited by Shard
Hmm, I'd hope not being I paid in full via worldpay the day they were first up for pre order on ASW and I haven't received any sign of a despatch email  :mellow:

I payed via paypal & i've not had notification either.As yet i haven't had replies to my email.I phoned airsoftscotland this morning & the answer machine messege basically said phone lines busy don't leave a messege as we are to busy.

Understandable really with all the work of packaging up all the guns but i'd still like reassuring that my order is still ok,it's not like i'm asking when my order will be dispatched when i'm actually asking if my order will go through normally!

I'll not begin to worry{to much} until Monday.

Edited by rolling-thunder

I reckon that because of the fact they are being bombarded with emails and the like that maybe there a little late letting people know when and or if there order has been dispatched. With october looming and the un certainty some people are feeling it looks like everyman and his dog are ordering aeg's at the minute.

hope they have not over sold  but we will see

I don't think it's over sold although they must be very close to their 300 guns.I imagine that once they have sent out all the preorders that people will soon buy up the rest.

Until i get verified i suppose i'll just have to buy accessories like a small box mag & mags for my other guns?

Geez guys, grow some freaking patience.

It's a toy gun. I'm sure you've got another one to play with. If it doesn't arrive for this skirmish it'll arrive for the next one.

In other news, I wonder if Frenchie could wrap mine up disguised and, ummm, something cheap?

Cos my missus is going to go abso-*******-lutely mental when it arrives at my house.

She already wasn't happy when I'd told here I wasn't buying any more guns then ordered the EBR and the M41a kit and tried to point out that, technically, they weren't new guns. Just conversions for ones I already have.

When the Para arrives I'm going to be sleeping in the garden shed.

Which is good cos if it DOES arrive on Friday I can make an early start heading off to play on saturday morning. :P