A&K M249 initial impressions

Can't. Wait. Time. Going. Backwards. :D

Thanks for the update mate. Never got round to phoning them yesterday in the end - just went out and walked the dog. At least it gives me a bit more time to source some inert rounds.

cheers

H

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the CA m249 microswitch compatible with the A&K 249?

The A&K that im working on right now for a client has a switch that appears to be backwards, ie the silver swing arm is on upside down.

Also, anyone else had compatibility issues with aftermarket cylinder heads and this gearbox?

Third, what the heck is the deal with the green goop that A&K calls lube? Its so thin that its simply thrown off of the gears in no time.

Anyways, expect either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to receive [either version of] the M249. Any later than that and I think I should complain personally - site has not even been updated to tell people about the further delay!

Anyone heard any more than this?

I've even cleared my workbench waiting for new toys now :blink:

Let me put it to you this way...

I am annoyed. Fathom1001 has received his M249 after having his ParcelForce tracking number sent via email. This is Friday. After constantly phoning and checking emails, I have had no confirmation of anything, apart from they HAVE received the payment AND they are apparently being held by customs. As of yesterday.

I am going to keep on at them on the phone, and demand to know some truth. :S

EDIT -

Okay, I am going to update people again! Apparently (I stress this word), the M249 that was sent to fathom had been a spare one, or one which they had forgotten about, conveniently! They tell me that they have been phoning around to get them back in stock as soon as, and Michelle was helpful enough to tell me that they ALL should be in tomorrow, Wednesday. So this means that people should get them on Thursday, possibly Friday if they don't dispatch all orders. This is good for me as I am off - work on Fri.

Problem with this new info is: - Last friday (12th), I asked them "What would be the possibility of me NOT receiving my M249 until next friday (ie, the 19th)." She told me that there was a very minimal chance, and that everyone should have theirs by the middle of this week at the latest. Well this new info is very promotional for the company, hey?

A little bit angry, really.

Edited by Gaffa
Has anyone had a problem with m4 mags not fiting correctly? Ive been using JG M4 mags and they just dont slot/seat correctly and have a tendency to get knocked out.

Yep.

I have so many kinds of AR15 mag that I honestly don't recall which are which but I know some of the ones I've tried in the Minimi don't latch in place.

In other news, I just fitted an ELCAN to my Minimi and it looks great but, my god is it heavy!!!

Just weighed it: 7.5kgs.

Also, I whipped the front end off it today and found the inner barrel had started to go green underneath!

I think this was cos it was wet the other week, at a game.

The lesson here is to make sure you swab out the OUTER barrel if it gets wet. Looking at it, it has bushes fitted in either end which means it makes a terrific water trap.

For some reason I don't have the edit button anymore, so I have to post this new reply.

Update on situation at ASW:

Unfortunately, they have screwed us over for an extra day. They tell me that Customs are sending them up and they should be there tomorrow, being Thursday. Not only would this mean that the shipment is 8days late, but as they have my money, I do not like the fact that £250 was paid for, well, nothing.

I don't think I wish to be doing any business with them in the future, i'll stick to ActionHobbys or another...

Gaffa.

Cheers for the updates

I must admit I'm getting a bit annoyed about the delays.

However I suspect it's probably beyond their control to some degree, you kinda have to expect some delays on a pre-order that relies on importing stuff from china during postal strikes etc. etc.

I also wonder if they'd usually take money on pre-orders (as that's kinda a grey area, IIRC) or if it was just done to help people buy before the VCRA landed.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't actionhobbies import stuff with ASW? so it's quite possible they're suffering the same delays.

/off topic.

Cheers for the updates

I must admit I'm getting a bit annoyed about the delays.

However I suspect it's probably beyond their control to some degree, you kinda have to expect some delays on a pre-order that relies on importing stuff from china during postal strikes etc. etc.

I also wonder if they'd usually take money on pre-orders (as that's kinda a grey area, IIRC) or if it was just done to help people buy before the VCRA landed.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't actionhobbies import stuff with ASW? so it's quite possible they're suffering the same delays.

/off topic.

They have my money; and an ordered good should be delivered regardless - the fact that there are delays are simply not OUR fault, but yet they still have our money.

Also, postal strike has nothing to do with it (so they tell me), as their shipping courier is ParcelForce.

Yes, AH and ASW do have a joint-deal going with the M249's, strange however that my info from AH is that they M249's are 'due mid october.' This notice has been on there for a few weeks now, sorry to say that you need to phone ASW for an update 'cos people haven't really been bothered to mention anything on the website... :angry:

Thanks also Stealthbomber, yeah of course, even filled with 2500 0.20g BB's it would be 500g heavier, so with the same quantity, using 0.25g's it should add an extra 625g, plus whatever the plastic boxmag itself weighs.

Gaffa.

Right okay, yet another update now!

ASW have got the M249's AND L85's in stock (as of yesterday) and have started shipping them! Unfortunately, I won't be receiving mine until next week; which is not good; I am going to Nescliffe ATE (Army Training Estate) from Sunday till Friday... Once again I'll be handling the BIG (real) guns!

I do pity ASW though... :(

Well, I should be getting mine on Monday, had the e-mail saying it was despatched today. So I get to spend a whole day tinkering with it. I'm not fitting a MOSFET at the moment but considering that I can get the CA M249 switch off firesupport for not very much if/when the stock switch dies I'll fit that and the MOSFET.

I can't say I'm particularly bothered by the delays, combination with chinese business being closed and customs dealing with what they have to in light of the VCRA and such I'm glad to know that the M249 is on its way, and I've been waiting since the 17th of September:D

I can't say I'm particularly bothered by the delays, combination with chinese business being closed and customs dealing with what they have to in light of the VCRA and such I'm glad to know that the M249 is on its way, and I've been waiting since the 17th of September:D

Great attitude.

Really bugs me when people start with all this "I ordered this from the other side of the world on Tuesday and I MUST HAVE IT for a skirmish on Saturday. Wahhhh!!!" nonsense.

Geez, it's a toy gun. If you've already got one then not having this one is not stopping you from playing.

It's not like the retailers are sitting there rubbing their collective hands together and cackling about all the money they've got off people for goods that they have thrown down a deep well and left a troll to guard.

People need to realised that airsoft is, almost always, a shoestring operation. It's not like ASW can say "Goddam it, all our toy guns are held up in shipping. We'll hire a fleet of chinooks to airlift them to the nearest airport and then charter a 747 to fly them into the UK!"

I bet any unforseen costs during shipping would screw up their profit and, let's face it, they're not a charity.

As such, you always have the right to cancel your order or act like a grown-up and just wait a bit longer.

Seriously, 10/10 for having exactly the right attitude. :D

I find that the minute I complain about long shipping times or overdue goods, they arrive immediately after I send aforementioned complaint to the company, necessitating a hasty apology.

Perhaps I should save complaint letters and apologies as templates so I can just send them in and get my goods instantly.