A&K M249 initial impressions

ok so i just got off the phone with the lovely man at airsoft world and he say that there in country aand just have to pass customs and should be out for dlivery by next week , he did offer to rub the phone on there test one as well so i could get a fix god this is better then xmas as a kid . wont be long now

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news :D

As for the whole "m249's will infest the skirmish sites country wide". All I can say is ######. It has been said before that something along those lines would happen with various guns over the past couple of years (Star m249 being the closest example to this).

Sure, a few more popped up, but it really isn't like every man and his dog has one. That is reserved for the armalite variants ;)

I tend to agree with Shard on that score. Certainly when the STAR M249 was released there was an influx of them at my usual site Combat South, but I have noticed on most of my visits this year that the majority of players are using the usual M16/M4, G36, AK and M14 selection. I've been a rarity there in that I've the used my "Stealthbomber" modded G&G L85A1 almost exclusively this year and there have not been a huge number of SA80s in evidence apart from on a couple of occasions.

Yeah I expect (myself perhaps included in that number) to find many players with discovers that lugging around an LMG and hanging back a little to give supporting fire is not to their taste and will revert to their preferred rifle or smg.

Edited by Tarnish

Sad innit? I've been doing the same, clicking on the Airsoft World's M249 page to see the last update still on the 4th of Sept and then onto the forums to see if there's any news.

I'm hoping we'll see them delivered before this working week is out, an update online would be good as then there'll save themselves the grief of more phone calls from the more impatient airsofters among us. I expect sod's law dictates that customs are taking their time.

:)

Well, if I didn't get excited over an M249 turning up, I'd think it was time to quit airsoft :lol:

Agreed on an online update though, it'd save them a lot of grief I expect they are getting hehe. Fingers crossed they don't get stuck in customs for too long, if they do at all, I have the week off work and would love it to arrive this week.

As for the shipment, I bet it raised a few eyebrows :D

Customs open AEG try to shove live ammunition in to it, doesn't work. Surely that should be proof enough. This is getting out of hand now I should just be patient and leave this thread alone, but I cant.

Customs are well used to these toys coming into the country even if they don't understand why we want them.They aren't illegal so we have nothing to worry about.I expect we will get them around the same time seeing as we are so close?

The answer is "This Wednesday". ;)

That's good news as I was about the resort to the completely undigified:-

"Marky wanna Minimi, WAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Of course accompanied by the obligatory tears and snotty nose with a bubble coming out of one nostril.

:D

Edited by Tarnish

So...was "this Wednesday" the day they post them out or the day they would arrive with us via the next day courier (i.e. get posted today) SB ?

I admit I may have an impatience issue :P

I expect posting here will also make you lot waiting too think that it was an update - sorry !

:lol:

Edited by Shard

Just been on the phone to ASW, frenchy after pointint out that he could have placed money on the fact i was calling about the M249 told me they were on there way to them today, they will have them tomoz and all 3 models are boxed differntly so they will have an easy job sorting them out.

He told me they will not be firing over 350 FPS <perfect> but pointed out he wasnt sure if i would get one or not by odering today!

Anywho i placed my order for a Mk1 so its fingers crossed.

On a side not Flecktarn have British army minimi slings for 9.50 :)