uk sf

jonarthur

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
//Edit: And no, Desert Tiger Stripe would not fit at all. While UKSF is well known for stealing from yanks, Desert Tiger Stripe seems to be a rather rare thing in the US Military, and I've only seen it worn by Navy Seals and (apparently) Delta.

Seems like I was wrong here! Forgot about the Tiger Stripe in those Sting photos. :)

those pics are years old. These days, they all wear what i wrote in my earlier post.

But thats ok, you all just carry on wearing issued smocks with the sleeves rolled up and shemaghs round your heads.

Im used to being ignored on this site by now.

Darkchild

Well afaik these pics are regarded to be a bit more complicated, as it´s also likely that some of these guys are US and wearing parts of british uniforms, to be better identified when working together.

I´ve seen pics of similar cooperations with german KSK showing US Special Forces in german 3col. Flecktarn but with their own M4s and Vests.

However,  this may never be clearified.

Not saying that it isn't true, but untill it is confirmed, its making something complicated for no need, ockhams razor applies here I think.

Cheers.

those pics are years old.  These days, they all wear what i wrote in my earlier post.

But thats ok, you all just carry on wearing issued smocks with the sleeves rolled up and shemaghs round your heads.

Im used to being ignored on this site by now.

Darkchild

I don't think anyone was ignoring you mate, I just posted those pictures to show people what they used to wear.

Your advice and knowledge is always helpful, thanks and stay safe over there.

Ah yes, the classic example of the ask what a sf loadout is and then ignore it and make your own up. That SBS thread was a total ###### take.

your one of the few who thought that way. that was my attempt, if you dont like it, do your own instead of wingeing on the forums about MY loadout. the sbs thread was quite fun i though and informative. just becuse you dont like something doesnt make it wrong.

you can remove your head from your *albatross* now...

R ;)

My loadout consists of what I think is suitable for my style of gameplay and the environment I'll be playing. In other words I do as SF do.

Your SBS thread consisted of you asking what the SBS wore in afghanistan, people telling you what they wore and proving it with pics and then you coming up with that loadout, which looks nothing in the slightest like what they actually wore.

I'm going to stick my head back up my *albatross* now, because quite frankly it smells a damn sight sweeter than the rubbish that comes out of your mouth.

ah, go on.  :D

out of interest, does the c8 cqb from misfit's pics look up to date, or are the "classified" add-ons changed from that time

i'd be interested to know what the torch+mount combo is, currently or from the pic

cheers

The rifles in the pictures are not cqb, im talking sub 11 inch barrel with an integrated suppressor up the entire length. basically everything in those pics is out of date. UKSF look just Americans these days, but our subtle Brtishness still shines through, like leaving your trousers hanging over your boots and rolling up your shirt sleeves to your elbows etc.

Darkchild

most recent photo I've seen of UKSF using SA80's was from the 1991.

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas...smeeting2lh.jpg

That pic was my referance :P Which is why I said 'have been known'.

Out of interest, why is it that our SF tend not to use the 80? I hear it's because of it's rate of fire and the fact that it doesn't have a universal mounting system (picatinny rails). That seems pretty reasonable, anyone confirm this?

Archived