Virtual Gun Builder

Fuser

I'm sure many of you are aware that Tippmann has this flash program on their new site that lets you customize one of their new markers, and as you're adding accessories you can actually see a picture of what it will look like. Although it's sort of a crude program, it got me wondering...with all the airsoft retailers out there, how come there are none that have some sort of program on their site that will let you view what a gun will look like as you are adding accessories? Granted there are waaaaay more accessories for airsoft guns than there are for paintball guns, but even if it took them a while I bet a big retailer like AEX, ASGI or UNCo could do it.

I mean how many times have people requested shopped pictures of this gun with this stock and this optic? Personally I think it's cooler to not know what a gun project will look like until you're holding it, but I'm sure many others would prefer knowing what they're buying and how it will actually look in terms of scale and stuff. Especially with the number of new airsofters constantly growing (in the US, anyway).

So has anyone ever heard of a company trying to do this or actually working on it? It would be loads of work but imo it would make them look good and maybe more beginners would buy from them.

Just a thought.

Archived