Virtual Gun Builder

Fuser

Azulsky, that one is getting closer, but it's still just a chopshop of poor pictures...and not enough accessories. Still, it's fun :P

It wouldn't be hard to do in Flash at all. I would do it but I lack the time/motivation right now. Maybe I'll make one sometime this year and try to sell it to some airsoft websites.

Honestly, if someone were to make one really well they'd have to take pictures of every gun on the market and every accessory in the same lighting, from then same angle, and from the same distance away. That way, when someone "builds" a gun, it wouldn't look like a bunch of pics sewn together like Frankenstein. I know that sounds really involved and almost impossible and yeah, it would take a long time and probably more than one person would have to work on it, but as you said it could be sold to a retailer in the Flash format and some money could be gotten out of it.

Honestly, if someone were to make one really well they'd have to take pictures of every gun on the market and every accessory in the same lighting, from then same angle, and from the same distance away. That way, when someone "builds" a gun, it wouldn't look like a bunch of pics sewn together like Frankenstein. I know that sounds really involved and almost impossible and yeah, it would take a long time and probably more than one person would have to work on it, but as you said it could be sold to a retailer in the Flash format and some money could be gotten out of it.

It would be a multiple person job, but the bit about taking all the pictures isn't neccesarily true, anyone fairly good in Photoshop can take most pictures that are taken in roughly the same angle and adjust the lighting to make it match another. I would say almost all the pictures needed could be found on the net with a bit of searching and tinkering and could be altered to work. If anyone here is good with Flash, Photoshop and has a resume or something to prove it I'd be willing to get together with a few people and start creation of one. I am positive we would be able to sell it to a retailer once it's finished.

In fact I don't think any of us would.....

LIAR!

:mellow: I want it!

Once the patent is through I will place every penny I have and hope to have creating thousands of airsoft ones, and eventually present the idea to the US military as a replacement for the M16/M4!

I'M GONNA BE RICH!

Hi all! I actually worked on a custom gun builder back when I was taking a flash class. I've made tons and tons of models in 3d for it, and the hard part is just getting all the images into flash and programming the buttons correctly. Here's an image of most of the accessories I have modeled so far. BTW, this project was started out on just an armalite base, I have planned to move onto more weapon systems in the future, such as G36, AUG, MP5, etc.

pilefin.jpg

The actual program itself allows the user to pick different accessories for the gun and pan the gun around in 3d. I can try to find the file maybe later today to show you guys... I've posted it on the forums before but nobody really seemed that interested.

Edit: Here it is in case anyone is interested. Don't worry, it's not a virus. :P

Clicky

Thanks, glad you guys like it! See now the problem with having more accessories is that it's a pain in the *albatross* to put it into flash. Every accessory multiplies the number of images I have to put into the program. Say I put in another scope. I'll have to make 8 images (the full turnaround) for each different possibility with that scope. Off the top of my head I think that's around 10-15 different image sets. BTW it is quite mind-numbing to figure out the different combinations. Anyway, I do plan on adding more to the program, it just takes time. And well since I just started school again that's probably not something I'll have a lot of.

• 2 months later...

Flash design M16 gun builder by Snake Goth

Example:

builtm4hj2.jpg

All:

bulitalleh7.jpg

There's a MP5 and a G36 and another one somewhere but I can't remember the links and snake_goth hasn't been on the forums since 19 Jun...

If anyone else would like to guess at what the .swf file names are on the site be my guest :D

EDIT: Aha! Found it!

http://www.geocities.com/snake_goth/custom_gun.swf

Archived