dboys aksu second try

Hey guys, I just got my D Boys AKS-74U wood handuard version from Evike, but mine has vented handuards. I haven't seen any pictures of anyone having vented handguards, not only on D Boys guns but also on CYMA and Unicorn ones. The top one doesn't seem to fit very well (and is kind of hard to take out) and kind of rests at a slight angle. I'm wondering what happened, are these from some other gun, or does D Boys have vented wood handguards that they are including with some of their AKS-74Us? :o

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just got my D Boys AKS-74U wood handuard version from Evike, but mine has vented handuards. I haven't seen any pictures of anyone having vented handguards, not only on D Boys guns but also on CYMA and Unicorn ones. The top one doesn't seem to fit very well (and is kind of hard to take out) and kind of rests at a slight angle. I'm wondering what happened, are these from some other gun, or does D Boys have vented wood handguards that they are including with some of their AKS-74Us? :o

Yes, you have the option of getting vented or not vented. Don't worry about it personal preference and D BOys offers both as well.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys, i have a kind of easy question for you concerning reassembly.

Well, I got the gearbox back together and everything is quite sound and functional. I'm ready to put the gun back together as a whole..except for one problem:

How is the little receiver tab button supposed to fit on top of the gearbox? ( I am talking about the the button that you push to pop open the receiver top ) On Mechbox.com, it shows that you actually clamp it in between the two half's of the gearbox when reassembling the gearbox.

Now, I tried this... only to find that it didn't do any good, because it instantly popped back out of place.

The best I can do at the moment is fit it where it is supposed to be with the gearbox already closed together... but this makes it wobble and when i try to snap the receiver top back on it sits at an odd angle, which indicites an improper installation.

Is it supposed to be wobbly on the VFC design? Please tell me how you fit it into place correctly...

thanks

Could you take a pic and post it up? I want to see what it looks like. Thanks!

How is the little receiver tab button supposed to fit on top of the gearbox? ( I am talking about the the button that you push to pop open the receiver top ) On Mechbox.com, it shows that you actually clamp it in between the two half's of the gearbox when reassembling the gearbox.

Your question is answered, with pictures, on page 1 in this very thread.

Well actually, I did look at the bit on the first page concerning my questions prior to posting... the problem was that the receiver top latch button was still slightly crooked when set in place. it still is, but only slightly... looking from the back of the gun, it juts a little bit to the right. It works though, even if its a little off.

I was just wondering if thats how it was for everyone else...

Edited by pathfinder909

I've been looking around for a step by step or a fairly descriptive walk through on how to modify the gun to accept diff mags, and/or what mags fit in it and where can I get them. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Hades
Well actually, I did look at the bit on the first page concerning my questions prior to posting... the problem was that the receiver top latch button was still slightly crooked when set in place. it still is, but only slightly... looking from the back of the gun, it juts a little bit to the right. It works though, even if its a little off.

I was just wondering if thats how it was for everyone else...

Yeah, the button is not perfectly straight, and the top cover is a little loose. Welcome to AK ownership. :)

To anyone out there who has filed the mag catch:

How much farther should I file? At this point, it is still not accepting my TM style Ak74 and ak47 mags. It still accepts my standard Dboys one and it feeds fine.

Snorkelman , you mentioned positioning of the hop-up causing mis-alignment with the mags, so I posted a picture of my hop-up alignment to see whether I have the positioning correct or not.

I would just like to know if i have filed the mag catch down too much or not...

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

( I also realize that I have filed the mag catch down a little crooked in parts.. I plan on making it more even.. this might be part of the reason I cannot get the mags to work at the moment )

Thanks!

is it me or the latch is a bit weak on the skeleton stock. I'm a lefty, and everytime I shoulder it, the skeleton stock likes to swing close (without hitting the button). I looked at the hinge/latch and I can't see any way of fixing this. while the kalash/boyi is a decent replica, the stock is annoying the ###### out of me (especially everytime I shoulder it, any pressure will cause the stock to fold)....!#!@#!@#!$!%!#$

Im thinking of buying this and have a few questions. I want the full size one, aks74.

I want to make this as reliable and range effective as possible and making the compression good seem way to go.

Is the guarder cylinder enhancement set compatible? http://cgi.ebay.com/Guarder-CYLINDER-ENHAN...1742.m153.l1262

I have heard that this is not compatiable and have heard is does anyone have experience with this in thier ak74?

From people who have used the guarder sets in any ak, are they worth 50 dollars? The complete set seems to be the most

logical way to upgrade everything as you would save 30 or more dollars opposed to buying everything seperatly.

1. Is it compatable?

2. Is the piston/head, cylinder/head, air nozzle superior to the stock parts to justify cost.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Edited by kasman2010
  • 4 months later...

I got mine with a CYMA QD scope mount...

Trouble is, when I try mounting it to the optics plate on the side of the gun, the rear sight gets in the way. On the full-size 74, the sight is further forward, and thus no interference.

Anyone tell me how to take the rear sight off?

Also, my flash hider is a little loose. Anyone know how to tighten it.

Ben.

L4b..

My friend got one of these guns recently, and the rear sight isnt a problem atall for my real steel kobra, fits perfectly, just like my vfc version.

What you could do is try filing an angle where the mount hits the sight?

Either that or cut a bit off ?

:)

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1063

This is the mount I have... It fits on the full-size receiver, but needs to be altered to fit on the SU.

Not sure what to do... If there is enough rail space, I might be able to chop the mount, and still be able to fit my 551 on it. :D

Ben.

I have the same gun and the same mount. I just took off a couple centimeters from the front of the mount, then it goes on no problem.

Just hold the mount up next to the rear sight, in the position it would be when properly attached, then you can see how much needs to be taken off.

Oooh, sorry to double post. I love this gun! :lol:

Anyone found a decent sling that fits... Preferably 3-point, or a 1 point bungee? Can't seem to see any...

Also, seeing as nobody has answered, and I feel bad for being a bit of an A.E.G. n00b, I'm just gonna go with .2's, until I chrono it.

Ben.

EDIT:: For anyone who bought the CYMA mount like I did.

Instead of chopping a bit off to make it fit, undo the hex screws, flip the rail round, and tighten it back up.

Not sure if it works, will try mounting it up tomorrow, but looks like an easier fix!

Ben.

Cheers!

Also, what do we think, definitely .25's with this gun, or stick to .2's? I want the most range.

I haven't chrono'd mine, but I'm guessing 350.

Ben.

I only ever use .20g for chronoing, as even high quality precision .20g BBs have drastically inferior accuracy at longer ranges compared to good .25g BBs. Be it long guns or pocket rockets, they all get the twentyfives.

Oooh, sorry to double post. I love this gun! :lol:

Anyone found a decent sling that fits... Preferably 3-point, or a 1 point bungee? Can't seem to see any...

Also, seeing as nobody has answered, and I feel bad for being a bit of an A.E.G. n00b, I'm just gonna go with .2's, until I chrono it.

Ben.

I use this myself, very good quality.

EDIT:: For anyone who bought the CYMA mount like I did.

Instead of chopping a bit off to make it fit, undo the hex screws, flip the rail round, and tighten it back up.

Not sure if it works, will try mounting it up tomorrow, but looks like an easier fix!

Ben.

I think it still might conflict with the rear sight, but it's worth a shot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...