ICS SIG

thartwig

Hmmmmm now I have a dilemma.

Wait for 551 and buy JG for under 100€ which would be modified clone of TM or wait for ICS version for 300€+ which should be better than TM version or modified version of TM.

As for the small market: There have not yet been any new versions of 551 and 550 of any kind since the TM discontinued them. I have been waiting for this for the past 3 years! I believe there will be a lot of people like me who have been waiting for this gun!

SIG is back! Uahahahahahaha!

Don't forget they will be licensed through Cybergun. That is enough of a reason to not buy them.

I want a full size 551 or 550 so much that I do not care who makes it as long as it is good.

Even if it is made from baby seals and they have to chop down a whole rain forest for one of them I would still buy it.

Anyone know if they'll be TM compatible? They look like the MAG midcaps but with a different feed system and a higher capacity. I really want a 550 to go with my alpenflage which just doesn't look quite right with my 552 :(

Don't forget they will be licensed through Cybergun. That is enough of a reason to not buy them.

Who gives a *beep*? (except for you of course) As long as it's a good quality gun at a price that is aimed at only the most zealous of Sig fans that's all that should matter. What exactly has Cybergun done except make poor quality guns and merely existed? Jeez if they want to make cheap stuff then it's up to them, just because you feel the need to grow your e-Penis with some holier than thou rubbish that (correct me if I'm wrong people) no-one on here wants to read. :flamed: (Yes I am aware I contradicted myself slightly by posting the above)

Yet my ICS M4 is licensed by them, nothing but solid performance, albeit mine is in for an over haul, but thats due to normal use.

The SIG series i'm looking forward to, it looks good, and also, it's an alternative for all those Armalite's out there.

Honestly,.. keep shh unless you have something constructive to say.

The ICS versions will be like every other gun that ICS makes; shoddy preformes out of the box with unrealistic deminsions and poor quality materials, but with (maybe?) registered trademarks to trick buyers into thinking they'll get a decent gun. Don't get me wrong, I love the Sig Sauer 55X series, and I will definitly buy one of the ICS guns, but I plan on a pretty substantial overhaul out of the box. From my experience with ICS Mp5 and AK 74, they are just avrage guns with a metal body that isn't strong, it just wears you down for no reason. Their internals border on bad and terrible, so I think they'll be fixeruppers.

The ICS versions will be like every other gun that ICS makes; shoddy preformes out of the box with unrealistic deminsions and poor quality materials, but with (maybe?) registered trademarks to trick buyers into thinking they'll get a decent gun.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Sig Sauer 55X series, and I will definitly buy one of the ICS guns, but I plan on a pretty substantial overhaul out of the box.  From my experience with ICS Mp5 and AK 74, they are just avrage guns with a metal body that isn't strong, it just wears you down for no reason.  Their internals border on bad and terrible, so I think they'll be fixeruppers.

Honestly,.. keep shh unless you have something constructive to say.

That's what HE said... :P

Regarding why not to buy Cybergun, quite a few users on this forum are boycotting all Cybergun products, apparently due to their habit of forcing smaller retailers out of business for refusing to stock Cybergun products.

Allegedly they use some sort of not-actually-legal copyright violation to either scare them into stocking Cybergun or shutting down.

IIRC the "copyright violations" are guns made by other than Cybergun, and hinge on them being "likenesses" of copyrights that Cybergun own, I think the legal position on the matter was that Cybergun didn't have a leg too stand on in court, but they still managed to frighten many retailers into stocking only their products.

That's all from my memory, so some inaccuracies may be present, I'd dig out the original thread, but I've gotta go to work in 10 mins.

EDIT: Just thought to add that none of the above is my opinion, I haven't researched the topic, but that is what I read someone else writing in another thread, so if you don't agree then don't kick off at me, cuz it's not my pet cause.

ics dimensions are not unrealistic are they?

ics are still way better than tm (or anything else for that matter), internals are great and external metal bodys, dont creak and feel solid

'nuff said

Eh.....I have nothing against ICS as their newer stuff seems to be perfectly fine, but having owned both types of guns (TM and ICS), the TM wins due to reliability and internal quality. The ICS wasnt bad at all, just not completely on par with the TM's reliability. Slapped a metal kit on it and it simply blew the ICS out of the water.

I own 2 ICS M4's and to my opinion they are the best rifles I have owned, they have taken all the abuse I could throw at them. My Para is a year old now and was my only rifle I skirmished with for nine months after I got it with no faults that were not my own doing. The split gearbox is a great design and very easy to work on.

At a recent skirmish a guy I know had all three of his CA rifles either pack up or break on him, he ended up borowing an ICS MP5 SD6 off my mate which worked flawlessly for him for the rest of the day, go figure.

ICS don't have the best QC in the world, im well aware of that and I know that Cybergun's policy on copyright's is on far side of wrong.

I also rate TM guns as some of the best on the market, but I love their M4's and that's that.

another news from ICS... :angry:

i email them almost a year now for the magazine after i saw from there url,

reply me to contact local distributor...

then the local rep reply me that they discontinued it because of misfeed...

i check again the website...pictures is gone...

i heard it again last month...saw again images from there url...

email them ...no reply...then picture again gone...

here we go again :waggle:

Archived