TM AK74MN

Shinden

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linky to real pictures:

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/e107_images/new...i_akmn_1110.jpg

Looks like the mags are completely different. I am guessing that the gun might stop firing after you finish the mag off... look at the very little notch that is actually comes from the bb hole on the mag. I can't imagine any other need for something like that. I think that would also explain the big notch in the back of the mag for a mechanism to stop the action from happening.

Ooo doesn’t look like Marui’s laughable 3cm bolt design which is a good sign that its going to be good.

However still not as laughable as Marui’s advertising scheme, look Americans with 74ms buy them....buy them......no, Marui no.

Airsoft-News.eu has hotlink protection on. You cannot link directly to their pictures. This has been active on their site for a long time now.

You can however link to the aritcles if you take teh time to dig up the proper URL.

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/comment.php?comment.news.1482

still dont know why they didnt go the whole hog and use a pressed steel receiver same as the bolt carrier cover, by looks of it they've stuck with the two screws under the front end method of their 47s for attaching the front set too. Considering the effort they've gone to with the rest of it it kinda lets it down a little

A probably to facilitate some sort of bolt stop (well gearbox cut out any way)

B to have eager beavers buy shed loads of new mags in in the waiting period before cloners run off mags for it

C possibly even to require more tolerance in mags (making it harder to run off a cheap clone mag)

Im sure marui would rather have the cash in their pockets for spare mag purchases than have it land in a 3rd parties its a nice little bonus for going to the effort of revamping their AK range

It's probably more to do with B I think. If the new internals are similarly shaped to the old ("classic" :P) AK then the higher part on the mag looks like it would at most get rid of the feed tube nozzle bit of the hop chamber. Might prevent those annoying few BBs from falling out when you remove a mag though.

Thats what the stock locks on too ;)

I'm thinking possibly D

Marui sells there own mags exclusively so brands like MAG have to wait a while and the same as with the hop up design remember its all about money at the end of the day

Edit: 500th post! :D

still dont know why they didnt go the whole hog and use a pressed steel receiver same as the bolt carrier cover, by looks of it they've stuck with the two screws under the front end method of their 47s for attaching the front set too. Considering the effort they've gone to with the rest of it it kinda lets it down a little

a) I'm not seeing the same 'screws' you are, and I looked for them?

B) stamped steel is still pretty uncommon, especially given how easy it is to do. I'm not terribly surprised by this. Besides, if it works, I'd rather have this than any cloner gun. I don't see the cloners copying the internals reliably.

74.jpg

ahead of the locating pin for the sliding stock latch on underside of the receiver

steel might not be common but it is getting all the more so, if marui intend to run with this for a couple of years and longer then it doesnt make sense not to jump one generation and go straight from plastic to steel

cloners would be quite capable of cloning this its not rocket science. Where cloners have an issue is putting more work in than the customer (ie contracting party distributor etc) is actually paying for. If the design proves popular they'll either do it well and charge additional margin to account for that accordingly or do it badly and maintain a loball price.

We had that sort of experience when it came to getting scooter parts manufactured a few years back now folks could contract to get them done the cheapest possible and thats what they would get even if the factory knew the item couldnt possibly last more than five minutes, it wasnt their job to ensure it worked just deliver at cost agreed, spend a few bucks more per unit and same factory would happily turn out parts of a much higher standard - provided you specified and you covered the extra costs involved.

The trend amongst the longer established cloners has been towards the doing it well as they gain more of a grasp of the market potential of the items they're dealing with and the costs it can sustain. They arent fully there yet but another year or so and I suspect they will.

For all the grief the cloners get, I'd just like to say that in China, you get what you pay for, and some cloner companies pay their workers more than others.

Look at CYMA, for instance: The shimming and greasing in CYMA Gearboxes now is second only to TM.

Whereas with A&K there are a huge host of issues.

In any case, the new mags will be a big money-maker for TM.

Some Infos I found on military blog

-aluminum make die-cast receiver

-"shoot & recoil engine" loading, meaning that the gimmick that is equipped, it enjoys the powerful recoil like the gas blow back it does.

-direct to throwing to the end of year trade war

So the receiver is of the same quality as the M14 or Type 89 is.

Thank goodness the pictures have arrived here! Well I am going to WISH Marui the best of luck on this one. Airsoft is finished if there is NO original guns made by ORIGINAL companies. I just don't like why there must be soo much copies everywhere. It's like buying a fake Rolex in my opinion so I rather stick to my Daytona or Explorer 1.

Oh yes Boba Fett! Not only diecast and aluminum, but also some pressed steel parts. Marui is slowly making thier guns with small parts in steel.

UPDATE!

Reading the panels the new things are as it says:

The gun has the same superb accuracy in thier previous guns. (summarized)

74 Round Magazine

Mini (S) Type battery (my guess was right, it's possibly located in the foregrip)

Magazine redesigned to compensate new gearbox design, also to snug fit in better than previous AK magazine which does fallout if it was pressed forward. This design looks more closer to a real AK magazine.

Optional Side Lock Mount Base for scopes.

Ooo doesn’t look like Marui’s laughable 3cm bolt design which is a good sign that its going to be good.

However still not as laughable as Marui’s advertising scheme, look Americans with 74ms buy them....buy them......no, Marui no.

in fact it looks like it might be a full bolt with gas piston, semi retracted it looks a lot like the G&G bolt. *does a little dance of joy*

looks like a stock marui bolt redesigned in 74 style (the large piece after the bolt hiding gearox from view is stil there as per the 47 bolt) travel wise you're right Fin is not 3cm's is 3.6cm (cocking handle never goes further than the rivet in front of the mag well dimple)

fair amount of vibration at muzzzle end but dont really see much of anything at shooters end so Im wondering if its set up to rattle the front end more than the pistol grip?

on plus side doesnt sound too screechy at all on those vids

Archived