Operation Irene 5 Pictures

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any rifle will do for a rifleman position, I ran with an AK on Delta for most of the op, as did a lot of others, so you do not have to use an M4, just as long as you use non winding mags that hold less than 200 rounds each. I even saw many of the insurgents/freedom fighters using M4's. As for support weapons there is a list on the official forums stating which weapons are allowed as support weapons, their main point was it needed to be a faithful recreation of an actual belt fed weapon. There was a discussion regarding MG36's and I do not remember if they were allowed or not.

I think the ruling was that it had to be a faithful recreation of the actual MG36, it couldn't just be a G36 with a bipod.

The list for support and sniper weapons was pretty limited, IIRC.

before you ask, i wasn't there, i just checked out the different rulings on the rules page and heard stuff from people who went.

Edited by aznsk8s87
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what are the gear requirements like? as far as chest rigs/belts/ thigh rigs thats is, is there a specific color you need ? i didnt see anyone in black gear witch makes me sad, would hate to have to replace my gear to go.

and i assume the 200 and sum $ registration fee doesnt cover food or housing right?

$200 lets you walk onto the military base

everything else is up to you, food housing,transportation.

The only color reqs are for DCU's for one side and Woodland for the other, they dont care about which color your gear is.

Edited by Azulsky
5-4.6 Ghillie Suits may only be worn by Recon Team members (designated SNIPER and ASSIST class players) but must conform to the basic color scheme of their Company.s uniform, i.e. Charlie snipers may wear tan/brown ghillie and Delta snipers may wear OD or woodland color ghillie.

chuckle chuckle

Most of the day on Saturday, and a half day or so on Sunday. 8-10 hours on Saturday, If I can recall.

There was a cover/helmet uniform restriction in that it had to be painted in the appropriate color for your company (i.e. tan for charlie, green for delta). No black pro-tecs this or last year, as I bet it was a friendly fire issue when you can only see the tops of heads sometimes.

Most of the day on Saturday, and a half day or so on Sunday. 8-10 hours on Saturday, If I can recall.

There was a cover/helmet uniform restriction in that it had to be painted in the appropriate color for your company (i.e. tan for charlie, green for delta). No black pro-tecs this or last year, as I bet it was a friendly fire issue when you can only see the tops of heads sometimes.

Black Protec were allowed to be worn on Delta only, since one they felt it was closer to the Delta color scheme and the organizers chuckled over who would have to tell MSG Mullen he couldn't wear his black protec anymore :o

Edited by ECRRRainman
Black Protec were allowed to be worn on Delta only, since one they felt it was closer to the Delta color scheme and the organizers chuckled over who would have to tell MSG Mullen he couldn't wear his black protec anymore :o

heaven forbid a bottle of krylon is busted out

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...