Spore

TheMerchantOfVenice

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha sorry i remember having this same discusion 3 years ago with someone.

ive not heard anything about a demo for spore, but i have been told that the game is expected 3rd fall 08 (even though amazon say march, dont trust um as its been delayed for almost 3 years now, which reminds me to check to see if my preorder is still valid with play)

my only issue is that im one of the many who have been waiting for the game since it was first announced in 2003, that it may end up being a bit of a let down.

• 9 months later...

I spalshed out on the galatic edition and so far its "ok" but i was expecting a bit more from it =I

FYI the galaxy size is just silly it'll take months for get around.

I've been forcefully conquering everywhere as being "friendly" is just boring...

I was honestly expecting to go back to the civilisation stage everytime you invaded a planet, but it seems not.

Its fun enough, but you really need to be into sculpting and designing things [ala sims] to get the full enjoyment.

Just at the point of flying around the galaxy dropping 'mega-bombs' on any city stupid enough to get in the way... over and over again.

Its a mix of genres that has a spark of mmo, in the sense that millions of users can contribute to the creations of the universe. But they can't actually interact with each other at first hand like other MMO's. So it is basically a single player game with lots of free 3rd party user created parts.

In that respect it is very clever. But for 8 years worth of work, one would have expected the game to be a little better then it actually is ;)

Archived