Paintball vs Airsoft?

InfoH

Hiya guys,

I've just purchased an CA M15A4, never been airsofting but looking into it soon,

I went paintballing for first time today..

only got hit twice.. once in leg, and once in neck.. so yeah i would have died hehe

tho i took plently more down with me lol

made some little school girl cry by shooting her in back of the head (haha was a mistake tho..)

anyways, when firing the paintball gun its so inaccurate (tipp mann 98 custom),

mainly due to the wind taking the ball and putting it somewhere other than your shooting.. and the hopper for the paint is blocking your view alot of the time

whats this like in airsoft?, bb's go where ya aim em?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

airsoft guns are significantly more accurate than paintball guns, and as they replicate real firearms, the sights are no problem. you will find that airsofters are nothing like paintpallers in personality, and the games are only similar in that they both use things that fire projectiles. they are not even in the same world.

there are actually several threads on this topic here.

An airsoft forum isn't the best place to ask which is better!

We can tell you about the differences though:

Pro

More accurate guns.

Realistic looking guns.

Magazine changes.

Airsoft guns actually have sights.

Many different types of sight available.

Ability to add torches, etc to your gun.

Grenade launchers with different types of grenade.

Machine guns.

Sniper rifles.

Shotguns.

Pistols.

More tactical style of play.

Ammo is considerably cheaper, £10 for 3000+ BBs.

No recurring cost to power the gun. (battery powered, just charge it yourself)

Airsoft can be less snobby. (depends on the people at the site)

Cons

No visible indication of hit can lead to cheating.

Can be harder to find a site near you, as airsoft is not as popular.

VCRA makes it awkward to buy guns. (impossible if under 18, although you already have a gun, how did you manage that?)

Not as good for playing 'Rambo' (if you like that sort of thing)

Seeing as it's illegal to buy a RIF in the UK without being able to conclusively prove you fall under one of the specific defenses (The most prominent of which is the skirmisher defense, which requires you to have been skirmishing three times in two months*), HOW exactly did you LEGALLY purchase an M15?

EDIT: *= to be UKARA registered, which is prety much the only proof UK retailers will accept

Hehe, thanks for feedback, I wasnt asking which was better, just asking which style of play everyone preferred,

i would have asked a paintball forum but not a member of one so easier just to ask here since ya all so nice and helpful :P

As for my weapon I did state i just bought one but that could have been just as in before 1st Oct, but no unfortunatly that was my blank firing glock i bought pre-ukara which i love, but rarely get to use due to the fact its loud as! lol

unfortunatly the weapon I have bought is 2-tone(for the minute..)

So all in all, airsoft is more realistic with its main downfall being no visable marks from direct hits?

Hmmmm CA M15 2 Tone......don't think so.

The 2 Tone guns are not Classic army.

Ordered from 6mil, did check with them first and they assured me weapon will be exact same except before they send it they have to take the plastic parts off, paint em, and put em back..

Pic attached of what they sent me

post-46580-1196637425_thumb.jpg

Wait... you bought a CA M15, you've had it since before october and you have not shot it or even had much knowledge of airsoft??? I wish I had money to blow like that.

Well, I did something similar. Bought a weapon but didn't get round to actualy 'softing for about three months. I was pretty certain that I'd enjoy it though (I did, now have 6 rifles and three pistols - go all the time etc etc etc).

Been paintballing a couple of times - it's OK, I guess, but the weapons look terrible and the cost is NUTS!

Take your pick, I find airsoft is about ten times the buzz of pain ball without the cleaning & ammo bill.

Strange how pain ballers go to great lengths to hide their hits (wiping etc) while the airsoft establishment take great pride in calling theirs. I know which I prefer. :D

Watched a guy raise his hand shout hit & take a bow before leaving the play area on Saturday. Class. :)

Never seen any thing like that paintballing.

Greg.

Archived