11 Days left.....

Guinness

I have some cheap options since I'm over here... a bunch of mario plushies and other similar craziness. A couple bottles of wine maybe... some thank you/xmas cards... Very simple and straight forward.

There's a dinner party on the 26th :) So, lots of booze and fancy food :)

Well, I have my own reasons :P

Only people Id buy presents for are my parents and they say "We have everything we want". Cos Im not buying them anything, I dont expect anything back ;) Apart from the fact its always a case of "Well how much are you spending on me so I know how much to spend back" so it becomes pointless. And if you dont work on that system then give a gift of less value than they give you...you feel like a tight-*albartroth*. So the entire thing becomes a massive head-game and I dont want the brain damage ;)

And Im not only not into the spiritual side of the pagan-festival-coopted-by-christianity, Im physically opposed to it for the reason that some folk go to church ONLY at xmas. Thats pretty inane as far as Im concerned. And me, I wont go into a church at any time, even for weddings or funerals.

[/rant] ;)

Success!! I decided to get my wife her present earlier on today... about 2 hours before the shops completely close for Christmas. After all the stress of what am I going to buy, and then getting stuck in traffic due to the declaration of christmas peace ceremony, the planets suddenly aligned and I found an unsold Nintendo Wii on a shelf. Had to be a good present as it's her birthday as well on christmas day. I feel relieved, now. No more worrying about what to buy for another year.

269 €uro's. About £195 I think. Probably cheaper in the UK. Everything costs an arm and a leg here, but it wasn't too bad. It's a combined birthday and Christmas present, anyway, so I always just get one very nice thing for my wife instead of 2 things.

Archived