What BBs?

Stuey

Well after I got my Spets and used it, it was consistanly shooting 255fps and after the TB I hit 275fps which is were I got the 20fps increase. Last game it hit 280fps and that was on a better quallity chrono so that is a better estimate. As to the TB's I would be skeptical about putting a 6.01 in unless it was for a single shot snipper. The 6.03 does wanders and keeps me from worrying about jamming bb's. I mean the Spets is a more CQB style gun so pin point accuracy is not a must and the 6.03 brings it in quit well. Like I said I was testing the distance of my stock Spets against an upgraded M4 and the guy with the M4 about hit the floor when I told him my gun was stock - the TB barrel I was going (gun pointed streight) 150ft hitting the ground at 160ft. From my reading the Prometheus are about the best TB's and I will testify that I have had zero problems with it in my gun.

Talking about my Spets makes me want to put in a small pic, hope you don't mind:)

Oh, I also put an AK style G&P vertical folding grip:) All you have to do is take a file (or dremel) and file the corners towards the stock on the grip so that it goes all the way on. You have to do this since the RIS slopes at the back. It is a very small amount of fileing. Anyway:

UpgradesSpets002.jpg

My M11 was a KSC/KWA (theyre identical). Abbey Predator killed it. The original plastic bolts always break on the left side of the bolt because thats the side that takes the recoil spring load. It is a critically poor design.

The M11 puts an insane smile on your face...for the few times it works. The rest of the time you just wish it death and destruction. Dont get one, seriously :( It WILL die sooner or later (most likely the former).

Oh, the magnesium bolt as standard models arent much better. Mate bought a T-77 (based on the same gun) and it didnt work for a single game.

Personally, I've used 10,000 ICS .20s (white) through my ICS M4s (maintained with ICS lube). haha

I love ICS ammo.

My personal favorite right now, is the black .20 gram "matrix" (I think) that they sell at evike.com

They work great. Awesome precision and nice pricing.

Well after I got my Spets and used it, it was consistanly shooting 255fps and after the TB I hit 275fps which is were I got the 20fps increase. Last game it hit 280fps and that was on a better quallity chrono so that is a better estimate. As to the TB's I would be skeptical about putting a 6.01 in unless it was for a single shot snipper. The 6.03 does wanders and keeps me from worrying about jamming bb's. I mean the Spets is a more CQB style gun so pin point accuracy is not a must and the 6.03 brings it in quit well. Like I said I was testing the distance of my stock Spets against an upgraded M4 and the guy with the M4 about hit the floor when I told him my gun was stock - the TB barrel I was going (gun pointed streight) 150ft hitting the ground at 160ft. From my reading the Prometheus are about the best TB's and I will testify that I have had zero problems with it in my gun.

Talking about my Spets makes me want to put in a small pic, hope you don't mind:)

Oh, I also put an AK style G&P vertical folding grip:) All you have to do is take a file (or dremel) and file the corners towards the stock on the grip so that it goes all the way on. You have to do this since the RIS slopes at the back. It is a very small amount of fileing. Anyway:

UpgradesSpets002.jpg

Thanks for the pic that's a nice gun! About the tightbore (your comment in bold), I saw someone say a Wolf technician tolod them the same thing about a 6.03, but a guy disproved it...I'll see if I can find it.

That G&P body looks really good, it has a sorta matt finish rather than the glossy TM plastic.

Standard .2's

OK thought so, that's what I've got. I could be alright then.

My M11 was a KSC/KWA (theyre identical). Abbey Predator killed it. The original plastic bolts always break on the left side of the bolt because thats the side that takes the recoil spring load. It is a critically poor design.

The M11 puts an insane smile on your face...for the few times it works. The rest of the time you just wish it death and destruction. Dont get one, seriously :( It WILL die sooner or later (most likely the former).

Oh, the magnesium bolt as standard models arent much better. Mate bought a T-77 (based on the same gun) and it didnt work for a single game.

Ah, well. There's always Maruzen MP5Ks :) Joking, I know how horribly unreliable they are..but what about the Skorpion - I hear that's quite good? The T-77 is HFC isn't it? From what I've heard, the only good things HFC make are their M190s and Green Gas.

If you were asking me, I use .2:)

I was asking Edmiles because he's the one who said he's been using Excels non-stop for 3 years without a single jam, so I was curious to know what weight he used, 'coz Excel complaints seem to revolve especially around the 0.25g ones. But it's good to know you use them fine too.

Personally, I've used 10,000 ICS .20s (white) through my ICS M4s (maintained with ICS lube). haha

I love ICS ammo.

My personal favorite right now, is the black .20 gram "matrix" (I think) that they sell at evike.com

They work great. Awesome precision and nice pricing.

Right, evike are USA, no? Shipping would be expensive and I hope I can get good BBs in the UK. But, if all else fails, I may resort to a bulk order of Airsoft Elites.

Thanks everybody, that's pretty much my questions answered! I think I will open a new thread to ask about tightbores...

Stu

EDIT: Here, I found the place where Hissing Sid disproves the fact that some tightbore barrels cannot take full auto but can take semi - 'designed for single shot sniping':

Indeedy.

If you get jams in full-auto it's much more likely to be caused by stuff like dodgy mags and feed-nozzle problems causing double feeds.

Sooner or later some turkey will come along and try to say that the reason problems occur in auto is because you have 2 BBs in the barrel at the same time, which messes up the air-flow or something.

I'll pre-empt this by pointing out that the average airsoft gun shoots at about 900rpm. That's 15 shots a second or one shot every 0.0667 seconds.

A gun that fires at 1J is twanging a BB 100m per second.

A bit of simple maths shows that a BB should be 6m down-range by the time the next BB, 1/15th of a second behind it, fires.

For a 1J gun to have 2 BBs in the barrel at the same time it'd have to be firing roughly 200 shots per second.

Not really likely is it?

Also, for those who say "But my gun fires a 'constant stream' of BBs" bear in mind that the human eye can only see about 20-odd frames per second (hence movies being 24 frames/sec) so as long as the gun is shooting more than 20 shots/sec it's gonna look like a "solid stream" of BBs.

KSC Perfect BBs for me all the way, they are as per the name, pretty b1oody good. And as luck would have it they are available in the UK, at a brilliant price here: www.andysairsoft.co.uk

ignore the slightly crappy website, the service is very good and the postage rates are pretty much half of other UK retailers.

KSC Perfect BBs for me all the way, they are as per the name, pretty b1oody good. And as luck would have it they are available in the UK, at a brilliant price here: www.andysairsoft.co.uk

ignore the slightly crappy website, the service is very good and the postage rates are pretty much half of other UK retailers.

Ahhh the famous KSC Perfects! Finally, a UK retailer! Yeah that is a good price, those will definitely be the BBs I stock up on next. Thank you very much Ben!

Stu

PS - What's this about KSCs being too smooth and needing more hop up than other BBs?

Feel I may as well chip in; I've been using the Cheap BB's from AirsoftScotland for a while now, mainly because I'm cheap and bought a few bags when I had money ;)

I've yet to have a problem with them, though i will likely be moving voer to Xtreme or KSC 0.25's at some point soon, as I usualy play at relativley short engagement distances, where the extra weight of .25's would be usefull.

But yeah, They seem to be pretty damned good. Not had a misfeed or jam caused by the BB's yet!

I tend to use Blaster for my standard bb's as they are quite nicely polished never any deformed bb's and they are quite cheap

and excel for my tracer bb's

tho not tried anything except excel yet for tracers

but worked fine, no jams or anything,

got a different make of tracers coming tomorrow gonna see what they are like as excel ones are quite expensive

i buy .2s, but only because they are eaasy to come by, every gun fires them and they are cheap, if i had my way, i would fire .23s, .25s or .28s, but these are a little more expensive, the range and accuracy are much better than that of .2s, the wind doesn't affect the heavier bbs as much :)

My favorites are the KSC Perfects. No other BB make has given me zero problems and such superb performance. I use the 0,25g ones.

On my stock workhorse G36C though, I use 0,20g Guarders. They are cheap as peas, come in bags of 5000 and have been nothing short of excellent.

my favourite bb's are currently "soft shot"

http://www.specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/in...mp;productId=41

I use their brand of .25's in my pistols , but i stick to .2's in my rifles mostly (unless its very windy)

Ive tried a few brands , excel , blaster etc , but these win for value for money and we (my team) have fired upwards of 40 bags of these with no jams and no deformed bb's found.I wish I was getting commission ! LOL

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

Hi...I very much agree with Guzzi.

I find the tollerances on Black ICS tight (confirmed with a micrometer), if you are running a TN barrel then avoid it. As for the white ICS,you should be fine through most standard barrels. I have found some tight jing gong barrels so "beware" Keep it clean. I dont know if anyone else has noticed this but after running ICS for a few thousand rounds the barrel appears to be waxy (wax not silicon) I ran a cloth with a mild solvent down it and it cleaned it out as good as new. I have 10 mates who run ICS white on standard classic army, ICS, and marui barrels (never a jam)

I heard excel changed factories 2-3 years ago and they moved to the old HFC machine. I dont know how true this is but there are a few unhappy people that were assured HFC was good stuff, the word ######! springs to mind

I found blaster excellent, they use to stock this in Airsoft Armouries. They ran out so I had a box of "White Devils" off them, these are the nuts. Very consistent but a dent in the wallet.

Q bullet I have tried a few bottles and suspect that they are made on the same machine as blaster, I havent tested enough to warrant a box full.

Just got a box of GoldenBall, not seen it before, mag down the bottom of the garden seemed fine (I know of at least one UK retailer that is considering it).

Basic rule of thumb, before you open the bag/ bottle check for

1) Broken seal in cap/bag

2) Dirty coloured bb's, it will look like a swirly grey and black

3) Look for any half bb's or casting sprus

4) Dust, dirt in the bottom of the bag

5) small dark grey metal balls approx 1.5mm(used in manufacture)

6) Also check that the bb's are all the same colour

Goldenball are decent - not as good as the KSC Perfect (though nothing really can be, KSC Perfects are the best bbs I've ever used) but they're cheap - I can get them about 6 quid for 10,000 in 0.25g.

Only thing is that I've had one jam in 10,000 rounds - though I'm not entirely sure if it was down to the bbs or to the gun, as it repeated the jam again with TM 0.25gs.

Still, worth it for stock .08 barrels, methinks.

Hi

I would like to find out what BBs everybody thinks are the best and which ones they have had experience with. I HAVE used the search button but a lot of the threads were out of date, or didn't really come to any conclusion.

Now, I've just bought 18,500 Excel .20s and feel like a bit of plonker because I've read lots of threads that say how bad they are. There are always some people who say they're fine, but the general consensus is that they're not worth it. The ones I've got seem to be OK but I would like to know if the following brands (which I can also get cheaply) are any good:

Tokyo Marui

Blaster (The site I go to sells these and Excels)

ICS

Q-Bullet

Also, is it impossible to get the much-vaunted KCS and Airsoft Elite BBs from a UK retailer?

Thanks,

Stu

I used to use Excel's but they caused mis-feeds in a couple of my guns, the others were fine. I now use Marui BB's and they work like a dream..

Archived