UK Loadout Guide - DESERT

morpcat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go. As you can see, the one on the right is original and unmodified. The one on the left has had a section clipped out, allowing the remaining prongs to go either side of the plastic mounting of the rear ring.

DSCF1606.jpg

And mounted on the Mk6:

DSCF1609.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

DSCF1607.jpg

How did you fit your choc chip net on so nicely? I can seem to get it right.

Here we go. As you can see, the one on the right is original and unmodified. The one on the left has had a section clipped out, allowing the remaining prongs to go either side of the plastic mounting of the rear ring.

Laid the net over the helmet and fitted a piece of NBC rubber boot on top

Left about 1" between the rubber and the bottom edge of the helmet, then proceeded to pulled the surplus netting down in each direction until it was tight all over

Then I sewd a single row of cotton .5" from the bottom of the helmet, stitching the net to the cover

Removed the NBC boot rubber

Cut off the excess netting

Taped the edge with fabric tape

Applied accessories

After all that effort the helmet is actually too big for me. Since I sold my peltor headset (which was a perfect fit) its not been used :(.

• 2 months later...

I would think it would be done to help in fighting in the terrain, since the area has a lot of green. You can see guys wearing temperate ones further down the page, but I suspect the guys just dyed their issued ones, creating the odd colouring, which is still more useful than wearing desert.

Hi guys, I have few questions. Hope this isn't the wrong thread for it.

http://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/sond...nd-chara-20.php In this picture, what is the black strap on his helmet (do not suggest that it is ESS V12, because it is not), and what is the function of it? Also he seems to have odd looking NVG mount, is this for some special NVG or something?

And what would be the correct antenna for point out from your bergen (so it would look that you have there a longer range radio for platoon/command hq level communication) ? I think there are lots of them, what i've seen from photos there are like from 1 feet to over 7 feet or so. I am looking for 2-3 feet long antenna, but it would be nice to know from these others too.

Hi guys, I have few questions. Hope this isn't the wrong thread for it.

http://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/sond...nd-chara-20.php In this picture, what is the black strap on his helmet (do not suggest that it is ESS V12, because it is not), and what is the function of it? Also he seems to have odd looking NVG mount, is this for some special NVG or something?

And what would be the correct antenna for point out from your bergen (so it would look that you have there a longer range radio for platoon/command hq level communication) ? I think there are lots of them, what i've seen from photos there are like from 1 feet to over 7 feet or so. I am looking for 2-3 feet long antenna, but it would be nice to know from these others too.

its the strap for a infrared device called a mocking bird.

also you want a 1.5m AE if your going for the look of a radio in your pack.

but unless your mega picky anything that looks like an AE wouldn't look out of place.

• 3 weeks later...

nvg mount is for a german lucie

http://www.rolta.com/rolta-thales/images/i...on-lucie-f2.jpg

special? no, uncommon in the brit army? propably.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys, this is a guide. Not a place for posting photos of your loadouts. Look for the 'DPM Loadout thread' in the picture forum.

I don't see what is so difficult about following such a simple instruction. Tobo, you actually replied to the above post, yet you've now chosen to ignore it and post more random photos.

Further derailing photos will be removed and the poster warned.

This thread is NOT for you to post random photos of your kit, there is a thread for that in the picture forums.

and I was wandering... what kind of stuff is on these vest's???

extra mag... maps..

and what else???

but what do RM\SAS normally pack on their vest's...

Mainly;

Ammo.

Water.

But also;

Food/Rations.

Map.

Compass.

Survival tin and/or tools.

Common sense stuff really. The SAS and Royal Marines don't have any specific basic kit, they aren't special in that sense, just the same as any soldier or outdoorsman. If you can't find/don't have enough necessities to fill the vest, you should have a smaller vest B)

thanks guys...

after I posted this question I went on reading some more, and realised that they don't carry any extra\unnessecairy weight.

Has you say... only common sense stuff, and that is exactly what I want to put on my loadout...

@MISFIT....

sorry just posted the pic because I didn't knew the name of the vest... If necessairy I'll remove it.

sorry again...

cheers

My post was directed at the people simply posting images of their 'loadouts'/'impressions'.

Photos posted while asking a question such as "What can I do with this?", "What do people typically put in here?" etc, are fine. So no need to worry. :)

Archived