AK based pistols? on the cheap?

gundam2000

I was looking for something to play cqb with beside my mp5 and my p90. something nobody else has.

Requirements were to have a decent mag capacity, battery capacity, no external air or batteries, and of course to be small. Reliability needs to be high as well. and be manuverable as the cqb arena here is a series of hallways and mazes made from hallways. I also didnt want to spend too much.

I dont like patriot kits as the v2 gearbox would be used. Im sure people will say use a gas gun like a m11 or a handgun with extended mag but I dont find them to be reliable or unique.

this brought me to an AK pistol.

I purchased a cheap clear bodied ak the (KRAKEN ak47) and went to work.

Pictures will be added later.

using pictures found on a real steel site I selected a doable ak47 pistol.

I found one that is actually shorter than a TM SPETZ.

006.jpg

I disassembled the gun entirely and because it was a clone and changed the spring to something cqb friendly. I added a CA nozzle and CA bushings.(factory parts were unacceptable plastic.

I then got to work pistolizing the AK.

I removed the rear tang and shaved off the back of the body flat. I then used plasticard and made a block off plate. I used epoxy to attach the plate.

now that the body was done I painted the clear body flat black using Games Workshop "chaos black"

I chose this paint as it is really flat and adheres to plastics well.

I removed the barrel and gas tube from the gun. I removed the inner barrel and installed a stock TM p90 inner barrel.

I removed a large section out of the gas tube and cut down the internal hexagonal brace inside and epoxied it all back together.

I cut down both ends of the outer barrel and drilled new holes for the barrel retention piece and the front sight tower.

Because this gun was origionally a fullstock gun I had to extend the battery wires to use a stick battery.

After test fitting for length I had to make a new lower handguard. There isnt much left maybe an inch and a half ao I had to decide either wood or plastic.

I have done wood before and didnt want to wait for stain drying time, so I cut a section out of the middle of the lower handguard and epoxied and reshaped the new shorter lower handguard.

I then painted the lower handguard chaos black and it is done.

on order is a new pistol grip and a slant break.

Pictures to be added later.

Me likey ^_^

You can go even shorter.......

:D

the only thing about those Is I wanted to use a p90 barrel as I already had one and it will still give decent range.

I might make one of those as well. I do have a mp5 flashhider sitting around as well.

and it appears Gundams think alike ;)

Archived