What a fantastic place for a skirmish. (If only!)

Tarnish

Dragon Valley airsoft is on a MOD site, Caerwent RAF base. If you go wondering off site and are found be the MOD people there then aparently you're taken away with a sack over your head and have to wait to be rescued which takes 40 mins and lots of paper work, it's only happened once though, the guy didn't come back.

Corsham? Of 811663, building plastics fame?!

To think thats close enough to me to cycle too.. :P *plans adventure with rifle bag over shoulder, cycling to a game*

My grandad knows the location of the nuclear bunker on Salisbury plain.. he won't tell me, i go running up there!

i used to work in the tunnels in corsham. interesting place with a long interesting history. it was dug out by polish refugees in the WWII and they left some pretty spectacular painting on the walls. it was pretty scary walking the tunnels at night.

heres a quote from wikipedia:

Fifty feet above Box Tunnel, and around 100 feet (30 m) below the surface of Box hill, lies the Cold War nuclear bunker to be used in Operation TURNSTILE, the secret redoubt for the core of the UK government, in event of a nuclear attack knocking out London. Beginning as an extensive stone mine, the site was taken over by the government for use as an ammunition dump, a factory for making Bristol Aeroplane Company engines, and a Royal Air Force operations centre (with an underground station). After World War II, the three underground complexes were amalgamated. The Cold War bunker known to those who knew of the TURNSTILE plan as The Quarry, or Corsham. The military called it QOC (for Quarry Operations Centre), and the site is currently occupied by the UK MoD's Joint Support Unit.

oh and some people think it's where the british government keep our flying saucers.

Dragon Valley airsoft is on a MOD site, Caerwent RAF base. If you go wondering off site and are found be the MOD people there then aparently you're taken away with a sack over your head and have to wait to be rescued which takes 40 mins and lots of paper work, it's only happened once though, the guy didn't come back.

Hooding is illegal, British forces know this only too well after the issues in Iraq.

Holy ###### that looks awesome! Anyone had any success contacting the mod about using it?

according to wikipedia the MOD have ruled out public use due to it being unsafe (you might have noticed the shoddy construction).

some support beams might fix this though :unsure:

i picture weeklong events with people sleeping in the city streets. sudden blackouts would leave those without nvg or torches literally in the dark. with torchlight and laser pointers dancing in the smoke and dust,

Archived