In a sense, this is kind of a 'poor man's CQBR' since I modified the 14.5 inch barrel into a 10.5 inch myself. TM M4 (1st gen) base with metal receiver, etc.

30e323f7f8.jpg

Pretty much right after I completed the modification with the barrel and upper receiver. Ironically, it was pretty much a "drop in" unit....like how it would look on a real NSW CQBR.

147381bf86.jpg

After a while, decided to make it uniform in color/camo. It's pretty much how it looks now, with the exception of little more wear after a few weeks of use.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks mate.

Just to show that flattery will get you everywhere here are a few more pics.

(because we all know SEALs play cricket)

There is an m951 on the opposite rail but obviously it can't really be seen in the pics.

Cheers

Chris

Nice CQBR. I'm thinking about whether or not I should turn my gun into a CQBR, but I have a question. Does the PEQ get in the way of the aimpoint at all? I'm getting the KA RAS, and it comes with the cqbr outer barrel, so I'm still deciding if I should just turn it into a cqbr with a noveske kx3, or just sell the outer barrel. Thanks!

Chris the second, that is a very nice SEALs CQBR. I really really like your front end. Its nice and matte. Who makes it?

I got one complaint though, and that is the crane stock looks like a G&P? I think the gnp ones have slight dimensional differences from the ones real seals use.

Heres mine:

[/img]

Cheers. It's a g&p front end. I've got a g&p colt m4a1 body to fit as currently its a hurricane bushmaster receiver which is why there aren't pics of the other side.

The crane stock is a crappy CA. The CA's are the ones that are not to spec. They are much fatter so they can fit decent size cells. The g&p one is ok shape wise I think. And tbh I'm not really too bothered about those bits at the back.

And not the PEckkkkk doesn't get in the way of the aimpoint at all.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by christhesecond
According to the BATFE, the receiver is the rifle. :P

Only the lower receiver is considered the actual firearm. Other parts such as the upper receiver can be ordered and shipped directly to your home. But for a Lower receiver, you have to get it through a FFL dealer.

CALLAHAN_88, beautiful CQBR. First Systema carbine converted into a CQBR I've ever seen. Are you considering getting some Colt trademarks engraved and having the receiver re-finished? If you do that, it'll almost be like a "holy grail" of airsoft CQBR goodness.

Edited by Souske
Oh I didn't notice that  :P

Still, why resurect?

Because some people like a little more organization than one large thread to post all gun pics in. It was already here, and we are not supposed to make more pic threads. Usually people with like interests are more complimentary of your gun and more helpful with ideas if it is not thrown into threads with tons of other dissimilar guns.

Is that enough reasons or do i need to go into how annoying this little aside is??

(sorry for being a jerk, youre gettin it because i cant tell my coworker to shut her pie hole since i have to work with her on a daily basis.)

Edited by ferretkiller
(sorry for being a jerk, youre gettin it because i cant tell my coworker to shut her pie hole since i have to work with her on a daily basis.)

Uhh why? I do it all the time. Works great.

Anyway this thread is a good idea because it's such a popular variant of the M4.Also the SEALs thread is way too cluttered with questions about CQBR/MK18 Mod 0 stuff. All the questions about gear are bad enough. That's just how I see it though.

Souske,

Did you Dremel your rear site or is that a pre-made BUIS? It looks fairly rounded which you usually don't see on normal hand cut BUIS. Or maybe it's just the lighting but something seems different about it to me.

Edited by poorieuser