Dboy's FN SCAR picture review and warning

Zogmeister

IIRC The "Suck Back" effect is what you are trying to avoid... it happens when the volume of air in your barrel is greater than the volume of air in your cylinder... I've only seen it happen with extremely high ROF set ups (the gun is cycling so fast that the round doesn't entirely clear the barrel before the gun goes into the next stage of its cycle) and long barrels (for similar reasons).

In all honesty I've not run into problems with this in any of my guns (CA G36C with tightbore, G&G M4 with tightbore, TM AK with tighbore, TM AKS with tightbore, CA SCAR with madbull tightbore, ICS AK with Tightbore, TM M14 (no tightbore ;) m130+, Stock Echo One EBR, CA M249 Para with Tighbore, CA CQB/R with tightbore, A&K M4S System with tightbore, Echo One M16 with tightborel...). If you can't tell, I think a tightbore barrel is one of the best dollars / results upgrades you can make to any AEG.

The only issue I've ever noticed is that in highspeed set ups tightbores seem like they have a greater tendancy for jamming (tighter tolerances - seems to make sense).

Sorry for the off topic...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC The "Suck Back" effect is what you are trying to avoid... it happens when the volume of air in your barrel is greater than the volume of air in your cylinder... I've only seen it happen with extremely high ROF set ups (the gun is cycling so fast that the round doesn't entirely clear the barrel before the gun goes into the next stage of its cycle) and long barrels (for similar reasons).

In all honesty I've not run into problems with this in any of my guns (CA G36C with tightbore, G&G M4 with tightbore, TM AK with tighbore, TM AKS with tightbore, CA SCAR with madbull tightbore, ICS AK with Tightbore, TM M14 (no tightbore ;) m130+, Stock Echo One EBR, CA M249 Para with Tighbore, CA CQB/R with tightbore, A&K M4S System with tightbore, Echo One M16 with tightborel...). If you can't tell, I think a tightbore barrel is one of the best dollars / results upgrades you can make to any AEG.

The only issue I've ever noticed is that in highspeed set ups tightbores seem like they have a greater tendancy for jamming (tighter tolerances - seems to make sense).

Sorry for the off topic...

No, spot on... You got lots of tightness there.. :D

MMmm... well, im most controled semiauto, got a fast finger U know XD but sometimes covering fire is needed so... looks like a second spare battery is a must in every skirmish... :whistling:

We newbies allways have questions, barrages of annoing questions ready for the unspected moment XD

Join me Luke, I shall finish your training and together we will defeat the emperor, to rule the galaxy as father and son...

You are my Son!!! Damn, knew I should have kept it on the down low :blink::whistling:

I think Im a bit too old to be your son :starwars: jejeje tahnk U anyway :P

When U talk about thightbores... are they 6.01, 6.03, 6.04 or all of them? this SCAR mounts a 6.08 inner barrel, doesnt it? so even a 6.04 would be a good upgrade? 6.03 barrels are... well, economy killers :lol:

Wow, awesome gallery, thanks. Internals look decent:

- Bit heavy on the grease (no surprise there)

- Metal spring guide

- Metal bushings

- XYT gears

- Good-quality wiring

- Hop-up chamber appears to be plastic unfortunately

Overall pretty decent it looks.

Awesome, simply awesome waxxer :D

Just a question, in the sixth pic beguining by the bottom page, it looks like Its posible to dismount it like VFC model and the real one, is this true :)

Im still amazed with how versatile it is :D but, TAN is Sexyer

thx, but Id be much happier if I was the one snapping the pics. :D still at least now we know more about it. :)

actually I think the spring guide is not metal, only the base is.

since its a copy of the CA version, I dont think it dismounts like the real or VFC one.

heres how the CA looks:

0705271221771214.jpg

more pictures of the CA version from the same site, here.

• 2 months later...

A couple questions, I think I remember reading the echo 1 version comes with bearing bushings, can anyone confirm this? And does the Dboys come with 7mm bearing bushings or just a standard metal bushing?

And to the owners of the Dboys scar, how would you rate the fitment of the externals? Any wobbles at all???

I own a kalash and its pretty solid but it does have a stock wobble that drives me nuts, and I have a Dboys metal M4 body and I have to admit the fitment of the upper and lower receiver is just bad (no tabs).

And does anyone know if the Real Steel black Scar has ever been released in Full Auto (either to SF or civilians)?

A couple questions, I think I remember reading the echo 1 version comes with bearing bushings, can anyone confirm this? And does the Dboys come with 7mm bearing bushings or just a standard metal bushing? Confirmed

And to the owners of the Dboys scar, how would you rate the fitment of the externals? Any wobbles at all???

I own a kalash and its pretty solid but it does have a stock wobble that drives me nuts, and I have a Dboys metal M4 body and I have to admit the fitment of the upper and lower receiver is just bad (no tabs). Your kidding right? What would wobble on this?? This is a rock solid bit of kit. It as good as CA scar (Better in my opinion) and matches VFC in looks.

And does anyone know if the Real Steel black Scar has ever been released in Full Auto (either to SF or civilians)?Doesnt exist to my knowledge??

you can get a 9.6 or larger into the dboys scar, only thing is you have to fit it through the butt plate instead of the cheek plate, kinda the same as the VFC version,.

its really simple to do though.

also the dboys comes with 7mm plastic bushings as standard. its really solid and theres nothing wobby on it, :)

you can get a 9.6 or larger into the dboys scar, only thing is you have to fit it through the butt plate instead of the cheek plate, kinda the same as the VFC version,.

its really simple to do though.

also the dboys comes with 7mm plastic bushings as standard. its really solid and theres nothing wobby on it, :)

9.6 mini or large? I"m thinking of getting one and throwing a lipo on it, so I need to have an idea as to what will fit.

Archived