You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once used a TM 1911 to open a can of Tesco energy drink with the business end spitting out 270fps. Even though it tested nasty I had a sense of win for doing it :P.

Also I have used a TM tri-shot to open a pack of Fridge Raiders, then I realised they were Fridge Raiders so kept on firing until they were nothing more than scrap ;).

'FireKnife'

• 4 weeks later...

When you walk up a tight staircase at work, stop and check no-one is coming by slicing the pie round it, rather than just looking normally.

Also when you move around in the storeroom walking around behind perfectly stacked paper pallets, thinking that would make for good cover etc.

Seriously at my work it is a great place for movement techniques and keeping an eye and ear open :P.

'FireKnife'

You can't leave.

No-one could fill your awesome build threads, and Typewriters comedy value wears off after a while :P.

Well the day I leave is the day I die / airsoft is banned / I medically can't play or even shoot at a competition.

'FireKnife'

Jus make sure you don't accidently leave one up the spout :)

That's.

What.

She.

Said.

Though I find that the best way to 'clean' Macs is with a large amount of shots, preferably loaded though, eye pro on of course, don't want the Mac taint :P.

'FireKnife'

When you get sent to prison for 5 years because airsoft is illegal in you country.

I randomly (never would have had him down as one of the faithful) met an airsofter in China recently, one of his friends was sent down for 'the illegal trade of firearms'.

This chap organised games and sold gear to the underground community that exists there, but he got rumbled.

Knowing the risks and still playing is a level of dedication which I just cannot fathom.

Wow that is a lot of dedication. Though over here I am glad airsoft is still legal.

And my contribution, when you have to remove two pins from a fuser unit to put it in a printer and you have to stiffle the need to shout 'grenade', chuck the fuser in a bin and hide behind some solid cover. Would freak out the people in Purchasing but I doubt the Planners would notice, they seem to notice nothing anyway :P.

Also I still keep inspecting if a corridor is clear by slicing the pie and other things, arms no held ready though so as to not freak anyone out.

'FireKnife'

Hm very recently I started experiencing the staple Airsofter condition of "spotting all the exits" when out and about.

What. Is. Going. On. With. Me! 

Arfgh!

How long have you been playing? :P

By this point I don't even spot the exits, I just know they exist and what around me is the best cover, even though I know that someone is probably never going to round the corner and start shooting pellets at me when out and about.

'FireKnife'

Since June last year, so still a pup.

^_^

Do you still include cover that is Airsoft, rather than realistic cover? (i.e. the usual wood walls and plastic drum things?) 

Ah I see, well I have been in this *suitcase* too long and I am not going to quit anytime soon (when it becomes illegal / I die) :P.

I don't know, most of the times I just scout for the hardest cover, which often in most places is something that a 9mm could probably still penetrate.

One time when I was on call out and had to come to work I had to walk through my office, in the dark to get to my desk, so I did it will full movement and corner checks, it wasn't that urgent and no-one was around so why not :P.

'FireKnife'

Wow that is a lot of dedication. Though over here I am glad airsoft is still legal.

And my contribution, when you have to remove two pins from a fuser unit to put it in a printer and you have to stiffle the need to shout 'grenade', chuck the fuser in a bin and hide behind some solid cover. Would freak out the people in Purchasing but I doubt the Planners would notice, they seem to notice nothing anyway :P.

Also I still keep inspecting if a corridor is clear by slicing the pie and other things, arms no held ready though so as to not freak anyone out.

'FireKnife'

I quite like pulling the ring pull off a can of drink and throwing it whilst shouting "Frag out!".

I quite like pulling the ring pull off a can of drink and throwing it whilst shouting "Frag out!".

Same, I do recall one day when a mate of mine kept telling the rest of us that airsoft was stupid and that we were 'weird'.

So we finished a can of drink each, stacked up on the door when he was sat down, shouted 'flash bang through the door' and all tried to softly blind throw the can at him :P.

He is now an actually player and has stuck with it longer than some of the others did.

Also to add when everytime you think about the missus you think what gun and kit would be appropriate for her, now I wonder how she would feel about strapping a pistol to her hip and helping me with a Mulder and Scully or hell even a Bonnie and Clyde loadout. Now that would be fun.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, I thought it'd be fun having a missus into airsoft...she takes all of my nice things :(

Brand new TM MP7 GBB "Oooh, that's nice and little - I want!"

Inokatsu 1911 tarted up with Pachmayr grips and VFC Surefire Illuminator "Ooooh, this is great! Mine"

I argue, of course...but deep down I know it allows me to sneak other things into the collection and say things like "But I thought you'd like it"...it only goes so far though!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived