snipers at ground zero

thewallhitme

just wondering which of you snipers were planning on gracing the scene at ground zero this year. what teams are y'all on.

im going this year, will be my first year so i may not do much sniping, in favour of a more assualt orrientated role. im on delta

You might find that if you are sniping you may be limited to the "Plan B" part of the site due to minimum safety engagement distances for high powered rifles. The "Plan B" part of the site is a lot more open. There is some places on the "Plan A" part of the site where sniper rifles are handy however.

well I am going... along with all of my boys (all 20 odd of them). I am the only one playing 'Sierra' though.

Look for the big Cornish Flag in the camping zone and come and say Hello. I'll be arriving about 2000hrs Friday, but some of the guys will be there from a lot earlier.

My first time at GZ, so we'll see what its all about.

I'll be there, with the Pathfinders (Reading).

I'm also on Delta, so there is a chance you will see me.

Obviously, the other teams wont. :P

& no, I don't wear a gilly!! :D

Look for the old git in Realtree, with a 'Hydrographiced' realtree G36, M14, or VSR..................He'll know my secret location & direct ya. :lol:

Will be nice to say hi. ;)

Are you bringing beer & women?

Greg.

just got back from GZ about 10 mins ago and have to agree with anotherjesus. first day i was taking it easy and only racked up 3 kills, second day i just was in the right place at the right time and racked up 11 kills!!!!! most averaged around 50-60m, but the longest one *estimated* by about 5 people who saw it said it was about 75-80. was off heartbreak ridge down to the path. best game evar.

Actually, I had an amazing time at Spec Ops as well. Nothing quite like shooting someone in the cheek at 55 paces, through a 2" gap in the rocks he's hiding behind. My friend got a 75m kill from an elevated position with my M40. And I met someone in the hog roast queue, that I had shot in the face 2 times the same morning. He was a stand up bloke too. : )

I hear GZ was pretty good for most. Also some accounts of bad cheating. But that's bound to happen with the amount of people I know who went there. 90% say it was a great time. And I'm glad. Thank you H

I got my 90m pb at GZ some time ago. I always credit the receiver with incredible fair play, as most would have ignored it it that range. The bb must have rolled off him. He was a card holder & by the rules of that game had to remain where he was shot for 10 minutes, so I had plenty of time to confirm the range with a laser range finder. Truth is, I was so astonished, I spent most of that 10 mins, looking through the range finder, re-checking the 90-92m reading. :D

This was taken across the valley on the b site.

I also has a great time at GZ this year: Spent Sat morning 'electro sniping' (425 semi) & racked up 11 kills. Switched to my aeg for the afternoon & lost count at 30.

Spent Sunday on the aeg & got another 40.

The standard of play was good. Out of all the shots I took, there was only one incident of potential cheating: 3 of us hosed 2 guys at about 10m on a track in the open. They danced about a bit (no shouts of hit) & dived into a bush. We then spent about 20 mins stalking the bush & eventually discovered they had gone. At which point we figured they weren't cheating, but panicked & legged it into the bush to get away from the awesome bb punishment we were dishing out. :D

As per the previous 2 GZ weekenders I've attended, this was a great time, full of great memories.

Greg.

No GZ for me. It clashed with the Reading Festival.

A very distinct possibility for next year though, as it sounds like it was a good laugh.

Unless you had won the Reading tickets & was on a promise, surely it was no contest? :D

Greg.

wasnt as good as I had expected, purely from a mission, objective point of view. Was mildly disappointed.

Most of the people I shot took the hit, and some of them at extreme range, so fair play. A large number of kids though, who through inexperience no doubt didnt seem to be as capable of noticing their hits. Not to the detriment of the game though.

I think it was Delta (white??) who felt my wrath most though.

Saturday, around the trenches?? I got into a sweet (if somewhat obvious) position between the trenches and the dead zone up the path and zipped a large number of the defending forces both in the trenches and on the ridge behind it. Maybe 6 or 7.

Then when we had taken it and they counter attacked I amassed innumerate kills as they all stacked up on the pathway. No joke, I took out one complete wave of 8 people in one easy sitting. They just kept looking at the people hit, and stood where they were. It was shocking to watch. That continued for some while until we decided to pull out and leave it to another set of guys for some fun.

Sunday was a bit more on the attack for the morning, so not much rifle usage, but a sweet set of kills on 4 delta guys with my pistol. Came out of a Rhodie bush about 5-6m away, walked towards, 4 shots, 4 kills. They got uppitty about me not 'bang' killing them. But hey, there were four of them, I was using a pistol, they were looking the wrong way. I dont like Bang kills, too ambiguous. Centre of mass with all that gear on, I'm suprised they even felt it.

Sunday afternoon was attacking artillery hill and defending outpost 7. few long range kills but nothing much to speak about.

I was the loony running around with a very odd looking green VSR.

Archived