Weesatch/Wasatch Discussion

sigmaboy

I'm going to have to go with RedRaptor on this.

I used to have a Pantac Weesatch, and I loved the thing to death (though the shoulder pads was rubbish), wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, but the upgrade to HSGI Wasatch made it worth it imo...

Finding any help in the photos RedRaptor?

You'll have to excuse the flash photography, but it's required in these ungodly hours ^^

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice rigs, all of you.

I'm getting an HSGI Wasatch soon. I have a few questions, though.

- I'm 6'4" and 210 pounds. I can wear a "L" T-shirt comfortably. Should I order the regular size or the XL size Wasatch?

- What kind of plates should I use with a Wasatch? What about the size?

My 'Satch, though I've re-arranged the retention straps to the proper configuration since the photo.

1005417cc1.jpg

Reborn, it depends on your torso circumference, mainly. I wear a size XL T-shirt and wear a Weesatch comfortably; I'd think a regular size Wasatch would be plenty big.

Alright - thanks! I don't have a massive torso, so I think I should be fine with a regular Wasatch as well.

I would probably use a pair of SAPI plates, a hydration carrier, 12 STANAG magazines, a side arm, and a smoke grenade with my Wasatch.

I'm about the same height and weight as you Reborn, and you should definitely go for the regular Wasatch... My Wasatch is nearly too big as is actually

/EDIT: and I doubt XL size SAPI plates will fit in a regular Wasatch, my replica LARGE ones are a really tight fit in there.

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=4649

Alright guys I really need to know if this is infact the guarder weesatch and if the guarder weesatch comes in Tan or CB....thanks

It isn't a Guarder, on my OD Guarder 'Satch, it only has slots for 8 mags across the chest, not 12 like in that pic. So I'd suggest the Pantac aswell, just as if not better quality than the guarder.

Just something I posted a while back at ASB, but I figured it was still relevant enough to post here, considering the recent questions. Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

For the record, here's the difference between the Weesatch, Woosatch, and Wasatch:

Weesatch: Smaller front panel, has room for 8 STANAG mags double-stacked in the front, plus 1 on each side or whatever you feel like putting in there (MBITRs, grenades, water bottles, etc.), for a total of 8 mags + accessories in the sides, 10 mag capacity with mags in each pouch, 12 if you REALLY stuff the mags in the side, but then you lose some flexibility in the sides. The PANTAC and Flyye 'Satches are Weesatches, IIRC. I personally use 9 mags + 1 TM XL loader in the integral pouches, and a USGI double-stack M4 pouch on my belt rig for a total of 11 mags + the XL loader. I may eventually put a triple shingle on the front, though, and move all my mags to my chest rig.

Wasatch: Front panel is wider, and has two more slots for double-stacked STANAGs, plus the two smaller pouches on the far ends of the front, for a total of 12 STANAGs + accessories, 14 with mags in each pouch, or 16 if you're stuffing the ###### out of the sides. This is also the model used by Captain Price in Call of Duty 4. The King Arms MPS is a Wasatch, apparently, although I have no idea how they managed to shove three mags in each pouch. This model is ideal if you're as big as I am or if you choose to wear something like a KA PACA underneath the rig.

Woosatch: basically the Weesatch or Wasatch (depending on what model of Woosatch you get) without the integral mag pouches. As a result, it's cheaper, but you need to use your own pouches for magazine storage. To my knowledge, there is no airsoft clone of the Woosatch.

Just picked up my new rig today from TAS. Its the KA MPS SAPI (Wasatch look-a-like) rig. I needed something that I can move around in better and a rig that can accomadate more magazines as I clearly don't have enough already :P

Basic setup for my 47. Holds up to 18 magazines but I only store her with 14.

DSC00629.jpg

Front with added 4 magazine pouches, Map/tools pouch, a gadget pouch, and a upper shotgun pouch that I use to store my keyes/nametapes etc.

DSC00630.jpg

Rear with Camelbak MOLLE pouch and a 3 qt bladder, lower medium pouch for BB's/other things.

DSC00632.jpg

Wannabe plates haha, they work though.

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

Im new to this style of rig, any suggestions?

Get shoulder pads,practice with the amount of mags you have in it. If you pack too many when you go prone you will become tactical seesaw

Other than that keep it tight, ive seen enough pics of guys who come back after a skirmish and the thing is around their gut and the backplate carrier protecting the back of their neck.

Once you get it set where it has to be(it doesnt have to constrict you, just needs to be "right") tape all the excess webbing and the shoulder straps so it all stays put and from then on you just have to clip the waist buckle and whala!. You might have to mess around with pouch placement to get it to stay balanced, but you look like you will be okay if you have a 100oz bladder in that carrier.That is the problem most people have with the carrier in general, weight balancing, or at least offsetting the front somewhat.

Other than that your use of grimlocks is interesting to say the least, you could just thread the tube through the dring...

Hmm yeah your right I do need shoudler pads, I'll have to find some off someone. As for the wieght balance, the mags and bladder seem to equal out and I have the rig very tight on my body but not constricting. It actually feels very comfortable running and moveing around in it. As for the prone you are right I did lay down with her and its a nightmare haha, I may consider removing the four back back magazines.

The D rings where to small for the tube with the thermal protector on it so I used some grimlocks I had lying around.

Thank you for the pointers.

To be fair the satches arent really designed as a "woodland" rig, so the prone problem is one thing that people have to understand, they were designed for door-kickers first and foremost.

But really you have to give it your own T&E period to figure it out. The best thing you can do is get it fitting you while everything is filled up, tape the excess webbing and see how it wants to move as you play a few airsoft games with it. Adjust as necessary.

You might want to upgrade to a stiffer material for the plates. What i have seen in my experience, a friend used cardboard and that still bends some when the waist was appropriately tightened, but was countered by having mags stacked infront of the plate, therefore the "plate" it stayed in shape, as soon as he started using mags and they moved to his dump pouch the cardboard would bend and the fitment of the satch went out the window since the plate just bent along its vertical axis. If you get the fake Toy Soldier plates i would go for it as they will prevent this dilemma.

Otherwise congrats on getting one of the most kickass vests out there and post pictures of it during play!

I never have any major problems going prone in mine, but then again, I have no extra pouches on it ( apart from a MAP on the back) and I'm only using M4 mags.

Also, I can fit a covered hydro tube through the d-rings on mine no problems.. holds it nice and tight!

Could someone post a picture of their weesatch with .308 mags inside the built in mag pouches.....preferably on your person. Thanks

Hopefully if funds permit I shall have a pantac weesatch soon (p.s. Some say its tan other say its CB, which is it? Do they make versions in both?)

Archived