Pictures of yourself in the field/posing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice:) What holster is that ? i guessed fobus, but thats only because its one of the few holster makes that i know of :P

looks like a left handed safariland to me..

Damn nice, where do you have this cool hat from?

probably a pakol, from pakistan - you can pick them up on ebay.

Cheers,

It is a lefty Safariland 6004 got it from Optactical and being a lefty it takes longer. The Pakul is direct from Pakistan from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For your info mine is 'Dirty Brown'

Came in very novel packaging as can be seen here towards the bottom:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...c=31746&st=1600

Still need to change the boots. Gonna get some Belleville 790 deserts.

Edited by Tommygunn

{8AA76E05-399B-4880-B7FD-E7D58708EF2D}.jpg

A tired actor sits down by a thee. In October, a number of Airsofters volenteered to act Soldiers for a short movie for Swedish Television. We where to go to the "Tessin" park where the war scenes would take place.

{C0F133C4-9CE4-43C5-BA3E-DC2FD7B0C6E0}.jpg

It was a fun day and great PR for Sweden Airsoft. There where a lot of breaks where we could speak with people who passed by and explain what airsoft was.

I´d say this counts for "in the field" since we where on the "frontline" to spread the word about airsoft.

Edited by Bromma_Herman

Phew tv that worried me with the first pic when i saw you sitting down by the tree by the car-park :) great to see that you got airsoft some publicity :)

EDIT: goddamn it get your finger off the trigger! :rant over :P

Edited by powelly

Yeah that urban pic scare the fruit out of me. We had something similar to this but it was at an indoor venue where we dress up and people could come see. But the PR effect is of course not as great as the guys in sweden! Good stuff!

...and clearly you are one of thse few.

The examples you have given were all designed and used well before the nazi party were in power in germany.

Would you refer to the L85 as a Labour weapon, as it was used by the british army under the instruction of the Labour party?

On a serious note though, stop being such an ignorant *beep*

I'm a " *beep* " because I don't know when a particular gun was made? Great social skills there Ubar, totally even-handed :rolleyes: The Nazis used them, they largely worked better than most of the allied weapons, apparently, and yes I can get past the stigma of the nazis because I'm not just being reactionary, I'm thinking about the facts and not just listening to my enraged glands ;)

Nothing can deny that the German soldiers in WWII were some of the finest actual troops in the war, and their weapons were made to match. Its only a blessing that they were led by a power-crazed lunatic, who was also a damn clever bugger, who didn't apply himself fully and objectively to the situation otherwise we would all be really *fruitcage* ed.

Veterans of the war commonly agree that they had damn fine soldiers with damn fine weapons, and you know what? I respect their opinions more than some reactionary teenager intent on splitting hairs :P

P.S. Happy birthday for tomorrow dude ;):)

And I think its fair to say that the Labout party now are not a war government, wheras the Nazi party were exactly that. I don't think your comparison really holds water, old boy ;)

A few points:

Firstly you're getting entirely off tangent.

Secondly, play nice kids.

Thirdly, the Axis forces simply could not have won WW2. Their defeat was inevitable once Russia sided with the Allies. Whilst the German-engineered products were without a doubt some of the best witnessed in the war, their designs were unrealistic and failed to take into consideration the level of maintainance and supply which the Axis forces could muster.

The most obvious example of this tragic oversight on their part (or a lucky one on ours) was that of the Tiger tank, which were so unreliable and so poorly supplied in terms of spare parts that by the end of the war the German troops had to resort to scrapping one active Tiger in order to maintain another.

This countered heavily with the sheer production output of America and Russia, who designed their armour principally for mass production. This is why the well-known American tactic of sacrificing four Shermans so that the fifth could take out a Tiger was employed, and why it worked.

There is, of course, the other *slight* problem that the Americans under Oppenheimer won the atomic arms race. Western Europe would have been irradiated long before the Nazis could finish developing their own version.

Put simply, even if Britain, which at one point stood only a signature away from allying with the Nazi regime, had fought on the other side of the war, we would have lost.

I thought that when I was being insulted for something very petty.

Yes Uncle Marlowe ;)

You really are a born teacher aren't you? :D Most interesting, I stand corrected.

Sometimes it seems as if I'm about the only regular on Arnies who actually doesn't care about the history or operation of real guns, or the history behind most related topics. Is it just me? I wonder...

On topic though:

Bromma Herman: is that a regular stock rifle? Looks like the foregrip is too short for a G3, its more like an HK33 forend but in proportion to the magazine, making it appear too short??

Bromma Herman: is that a regular stock rifle? Looks like the foregrip is too short for a G3, its more like an HK33 forend but in proportion to the magazine, making it appear too short??

The rifle lost its flashhider and came to me with a SG1 handguard. It is a G3A3 stock.

I sometimes reflect on how different it looks on a picture. Check my post in the G3 thread for a close look on the rifle.

Slade xTekno,

Cheers and here are the answers to your questions:

The Pakul is 'Dirty Brown'. Look back to a couple of posts below where I originally posted my pic for more details.

The web gear is a BHI Strike plate carrier with a Camelbak cable-tied to the back.

Edited by Tommygunn
Slade xTekno,

Cheers and here are the answers to your questions:

The Pakul is 'Dirty Brown'. Look back to a couple of posts below where I originally posted my pic for more details.

The web gear is a BHI Strike plate carrier with a Camelbak cable-tied to the back.

Alright, I ordered a Dark Brown one a couple days back and wanted to compare.

I am going to put up a game in a few days I think people will enjoy...