Optics

scar527

x2. I've used half a dozen scopes for rifle shooting extensively. I like my 3.5-10x50 Leupold replica better than the BSA, Redhead, and Bushnell scopes I have previously owned - the picture is just the the man above me stated. For $55 bucks too, it's hard to count it out. I'm still trying to peg the estimation of the mildot reticule in regards to airsoft though...

gade/DSCN2903.jpg[/img]

eta: the x2 should be more like x8 or something

That is the Matchstick global model?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, I'm stuck in the process of deciding between a Tasco 2-6x32 or a BSA 2-7x32. They both cost the same, but I have no idea if one of those brands is actually better than the other? What would you choose?

Oi-Oi,

Just got an MTC Mamba 1-4x24 IR.

It's a tad big for a scope of this spec, 30mm tube & about 12" long. The (discontinued) Simmons 1.5-5 compact night-view is a superior scope in all ways. It is/was cheaper, lighter, smaller, offers a larger fov & performs better in low light conditions.

However, the MTC is a true 1x mag Red dot (on lowest setting) & offers distortion free 'both eye open' shooting, as per aim point.

'Zooming' the mag up to max (4x) it is like any other scope of that mag, offering 'ok' fov & low light performance. The target appears clear & bright, but is not 'spectacular' in any way.

The reticule is a very thin cross hair with black dot, onto which the red dot is projected.

The red dot is feint, even when on full power, comically, '11'. Not that this is a real problem, as on a sunny day (when the rd is hardly seen), the black dot & cross hair reticule are perfectly visible.

This scope does offer the DMR the best of both worlds, 1 x red dot & upto 4 x mag, but with a price tag of £170, I can't recommend it.

If the price dropped to less than £100, or it became more compact, I think it would be a popular choice for any self respecting airsoft sharp shooter.

Greg.

Archived