Me in Afghan

darkchild130

Where did anyone mention tabbing? :huh: If its in the context I'm thinking of it's a brit military term that means tactical advance to battle. You dismount from your vehicle (or parachute in) a distance from your objective, normally so that no one sees/hears you approach at your target.

Great pics btw Darkchild, glad you're back safe and sound. :)

EDIT: Ah I see where Darkchild mentions it, yes the above is what he means.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks guys i hope i get better too!! (if by some miracle i do, then i probably wont get out). In the infantry tabbing translates as "walking really fast with far too much weight on your back for miles and miles." Which is about the worst thing you can do for your back in the long run.

Infantry=stupid

As for performance and accuracy the L85A2 Easily owned everything due to the considerably longer barrel it has compared to all the other assault rifles. Despite all this, the MP5K is still far cooler though.

Unfortunately nobody had a G3 as i suspect nothing could touch that for range and power!! I fired that in Northern Ireland years ago, it was epic.

Darkchild

No mate it is not that I dont belive you when you say it is so, I just dont get it ;)

Having used the AG3(NOR g3) for some years I can say it rocks on power and range over the 416(only had that for a short time), but when you put on all the gear we used on it at the end it is a pain to drag around all day in the heat of the sandbox! Would much more have had the 416 on deployment!

Fair enough, i dont think i would like to patrol with the G3 either, looks quite cumbersome. The stock thing didnt make any sense to me either, hence why i asked the operators about it. The best answer they could come up with is that their unit ordered them and that was what they got.

Darkchild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
coincidentally, i start my intense rehab course today! The doctor told me that most of my back pain comes from posture problems so is hopefully fully treatable, w00T!!!

Thanks for the continued interest in my stupid pictures.

Darkchild

I went to see an Osteopath in the end (about 1.5 years ago), for approx. 6 sessions in total which has helped alot.

I don't get as much (almost to next to nothing) pain/twitches which has been great :)

Archived