Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa....Well I remember for sure im a 100% positive godofwar posted those EXACT same pictures in the armalite thread. Not sure which one though, the current or the previous one that's locked now. I SWEAR though did you buy it from him? or do you know him? I wonder why he would lie like that even when his collection is friggin nut already.

Well I actually think you are mistaken, and of course no offense intended. I posted this in the Armalite section as well, the older one, and if you look at my previous posts and his, I'm the only one with the post.

And no, this was entirely a job done by me. No buying of the weapon from anyone else.

Mobaar

Well no, because it is a Knight's Armament inspired suppressor and it is designed to have the brackets lock from the top. There is a spigot inside, below the lock that engages into the cut out in the bottom edge of the flash hider when attached properly so that it doesn't twist.

G&P has this spigot inside as do, I presume, Guarder and VFC who make accurate copies(unlike CA, ICS, G&G).

Edited by Tommygunn

The colouration is not my taste but the pattern is spot on.

Actually, the colour gives it a somewhat classy look, maybe it is the contrasts in colour. I like it a lot as fashionable item, you might say, but not for practical purposes.

Nice one.

You may want to add a touch of brown to it. While the painting is absolutely great, the color choice and use you want makes it tough -- the biggest giveaway to something is the lines of it, and the second are the lines within it. If you add a color in between the light tan and the black it'll hide better. I say add brown, it'll make your woodland pattern pop a little better. You can even cover most of the green with it, as the gun's only SO big, if I had to choose a color to sacrifice it'd be green because you want black for urban and neutral tones for nature, tan and brown can mix in woodland and urban environments.

Just my opinions. Great job for a first paint!

Mobaar

That may be something you have to test. I'm thinking not terribly light but not real dark. Like crayon brown, only flat. You may have to go with something lighter than the Krylon brown, but that's a good place to start. If you have an extra shade of brown, it's no biggie.

Mobaar

my first AEG and my first spray job :(  im such a noob ...

here gose ..

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5486/picture28941yv6.jpg

what you guys think ?

btw im loving some of the paint jobs on here !

THat's off the hook, the grip and other accesories make it look even sexier.