Top Gear

Crocketman

It's still on the air because last week six and a half million people watched it and usually it is 4 or 5 *albartrotheth* who complain.

It gets on the papers and the news but the BBC isn't going to cancel it because 6,499,995 people still like it.

In the US, it doesn't matter how many people like a show. If the people with the advertising revenue don't like it, it gets canned.

Those people are reactionary, spineless, over-PC maggots who are terrified of any kind of controversy.

That is why watching TV in the states is mostly like drowning in body temperature wallpaper paste.

There are a few glimmers of quality there but most of it is soulless rubbish. Also, your censorship rules are madness, you can show a female cadaver on CSI having its head sawn open and brain removed but you can't show its nipple.

What's up with that?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a totally corrupted and cannot be saved.

Thank someone for that.

Would put God but i come from a country that has about only 3-4% of people in it that attend Church once a week.

Yeah, the Mexican ambassador has already demanded an official apology

Don't worry as Clarkson would say 'he will be asleep in his chair with the remote in hand anyway and would miss it'.

I mean after 8-9 years of quality Top Gear and with it being the highest grossing show on BBC2 and one of the BBC's biggest pulls on audiences they are hardly going to get rid of it, even with Dave showing the same 20 episodes about 30 times, just in case you missed them the first 29 times.

'FireKnife'

cant wait for clarkson apologies to the mexicans

"I was going to apologise but they all fell asleep......"

and introducing the stig

"Some say he was sent by a drug cartel to kill me, and he can shoot a mexican immigrant from 3 miles away, all we know is,.........HES THE STIG!"

• 5 months later...

New season of Top Gear USA airs today. Watching it right now.

They got their own theme song! And a really cheesey opening, complete with F-14.

Line from Ferrera during a Corvette ZR1 vs. Ferrari 458 race: "A lot of the world thinks Americans are arrogant. And, in fairness, f___ you."

Also: The Stig jumps out of a perfectly good, white C-130.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Top Gear US has begun its spiral into being completely worthless. The episode from last week had a great, American concept for Top Gear: The best heavy duty pick-up truck. But it ended up playing like an hour long Ford/Chevy/Dodge truck commercial. Ugh.

Just watching the new episode of top gear where there contracted to demolish housing faster than propper demo experts had to laugh when hammond gets the house stuck on his tank and he carnt drive in or out or get out the tank as the house is stuck on the escape hatch and they have to dig the house off him

I also watched that episode and thought it was *suitcase*. I much preferred the last episode of the current series, just the right amount of silliness but it was also a show about cars. I'm all for the stupid episodes but not as often as they have them.

Today's US episode wasn't bad. A variation on their tour across Alaska, essentially. Only with off-roaders mostly off road, instead of pick-ups on and off the road. And an economy race to wrap it up.

Also just saw the UK nativity special. I might be alone in this, but I somehow felt that they took the least wise route possible. I would have gone straight for Jordan. Heading for Iran was moronic. At least when they went into Turkish Kurdistan, even though they drove straight into a rebelion, both sides are pretty pro-Western. But then they had the unenviable task of choosing between Syria and Lebanon. At least they weren't there for the Arab Spring.

but I somehow felt that they took the least wise route possible

You do realise you are watching Top Gear don't you? :P

To be honest, aside from the bit at the end of that episode i thought the best was Hammond's face when they opened the cargo doors, still on approach to the landing strip.

'FireKnife'

Today's US episode wasn't bad. A variation on their tour across Alaska, essentially. Only with off-roaders mostly off road, instead of pick-ups on and off the road. And an economy race to wrap it up.

Also just saw the UK nativity special. I might be alone in this, but I somehow felt that they took the least wise route possible. I would have gone straight for Jordan. Heading for Iran was moronic. At least when they went into Turkish Kurdistan, even though they drove straight into a rebelion, both sides are pretty pro-Western. But then they had the unenviable task of choosing between Syria and Lebanon. At least they weren't there for the Arab Spring.

At least they weren't in Alabama.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived