Top Gear

Crocketman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have sworn i heard Jeremy say last weeks was the last of the season....

Luckily my telly was on Dragon's den as i was surfing the net... and i just got a nice surprise, May in a Zonda :D

well chuffed!

edit, ah...it's a rerun... :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

as much fun as new top gear is, i can't help watching it noticing how scripted it all is. either it didn't used to be so scripted, or they've got worse at acting off the cuff.

however, it doesn't deny the fact that a caravan zeppelin is totally mint. and that Lambo was tasty. and the Lancia Stratos.

I'm sorry, but I do not follow...

The BBC (beeb) makes Top Gear. It generates no advertising revenue (being a no advert channel) & is paid for by a licence fee that all UK veiwers must pay.

They export popular shows such as top gear to make money.

They need money badly, so no one has to wait very long. ;)

Greg.

Well, we Yanks have to wait a damn year to see episodes!

And they advertise HEAPS during the program, just like regular commercial TV.

Yall suck!

Revenge! We have to wait ages for everything else; Lost, BSG, 24 & all the stuff we haven't even heard of yet.

If ya pay enough , they'll bung 'em to ya next week.

Can't you view them on BBC Iplayer or something?

Greg.

Nope, if you try to use iPlayer when you're not in the UK it doesn't work, cuz you're not a licence fee payer.

I'll try and revive this thread...

Here's one of my faves...

British Army Vs Mitsubishi Evo - Part 1

British Army Vs Mitsubishi Evo - Part 2

What was with the ammo in that? Obviously it wasn't proper live ammo (that would never have been allowed) but they were definitely shooting something - there were tracers and you could hear stuff pinging off the car. How come Clarkson only had to wear shooting glasses? Were they using frangible training ammo or something?

EDIT: The shooting glasses could have just been for the dust after the Trojan crushed the roof.

Also, judging by how you could see the bullets flying, I would say they were using special low-velocity rounds?

as much fun as new top gear is, i can't help watching it noticing how scripted it all is. either it didn't used to be so scripted, or they've got worse at acting off the cuff.

Yeah I've noticed this too, some of it's just a bit too scripted and contrived. Shame really as the off-the-cuff stuff is often really funny!

Stu.

What was with the ammo in that? Obviously it wasn't proper live ammo (that would never have been allowed) but they were definitely shooting something - there were tracers and you could hear stuff pinging off the car. How come Clarkson only had to wear shooting glasses? Were they using frangible training ammo or something?

I would guess they did some shots of tracers before or after the actual driving section and added them in. As for the noises, was that the series where they kept putting in loads of stupid sound effects? Because they won't be firing stuff at a car with a person in. Safety glasses I'm guessing are just a precaution.

Yeah I guess it could all be editing sound effects CG etc.

Ah well, I'm gradually losing faith in TG too...it used to be one of the few shows that didn't use smoke and mirrors etc (Clarkson even wrote a column about that a while ago) but it's becoming more scripted and predictable as time goes on.

Stu.

I thought the last series wasnt as good as previous...this series has divebombed.

I will still watch it though, its the only show I turn the TV on for.

Yer I agree, the last series was better than this one. I like the BIG challenges like when they had to buy lorries, drive across Africa and their trip through the US's southen states :rofl:

Josh

Archived