1. do you like fore-grips? yes or no 2. do you use your iron sights? yes or no 3. do you use a sling? yes or no

maverickm17

DO YOU USE FORE-GRIPS ON YOUR RIFLE?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. choice one poll option that fits you

• yes i do use fore-grips (explain)
    • no i don't use fore-grips (explain
    • i have one but never or sometimes use it (explain)
    • i just grip the mag with my other hand
    • on some of my weapons yes, on others no
  2. 2. do you use your iron sights?

• yes i do (explain)
    • no i don't (explain)
    • yes i do but i never or sometimes use it (explain)
    • on some of my weapons yes, on others no (explain)
  3. 3. do you use a sling

• yes i do (explain)
    • no i don't (explain)
    • yes i do but i never or sometimes use it (explain)
    • on some of my weapons yes, on others no (explain)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foregrips:

Sometimes I use them, other times I just grab the magwell of my M4, as it feels more natural to me.

I dislike the straight vertical grip that came with my M15A4 CQBR, and I rather have a more natural, ergonomic angled M16 grip style foregrip like the ones made by SRC

Slings: As much as possible, I want a sling on a primary weapon, so I can switch to my GBB or do whatever without dropping my expensive AEG.

Optics: If America's Army and a few skirmishes taught me anything, its that airsofters with optics have a big advantage over those who don't. I remember on my first skirmish, my opponent used a stock JG M4 with irons, and was only able to hit my arm. I had an aimpoint, and I was able to get numberous head and goggle shots with my CA M4 *wasn't trying to be a sadistic *beep*, my friends kept popping their head from behind cover, so what else is there to hit?*, not to mention a foot shot when one of them ran from cover. All of which, they complained to me later :P

Set ups:

M15A4 CQBR

Aimpoint replica with BUIS

RIS and a vertical foregrip

El Cheapo no name three point sling

M249 FN Minimi

Iron sights *no RIS rail for optics yet*

no sling yet, but I plan to make or buy one sometime

as for your survey, good luck, and may I suggest adding categories such as kind of optic *red dot, 4x mag, etc* and collapsible vs folding and fixed stocks.

Cheers,

Romel

M16

no i dont like using a fore grip the magwell is better

i look down the sites its just easy to aim and easy to actually hit them

i dont use a sling b/c the gun is light and easy to move around with out a sling

M249

i use a cant use a fore grip b/c i cant mount one on my saw but i use my carry handle like one

i tend to not look down the sites b/c its just hard

i use a sling becouse the darn thing weighs a lot

I have a foregrip on most of my weapons, it's as far forward as possible and I do use it. It has no effect on an airsoft rifle though in my case as there is no recoil or muzzle climb to control.

I have irons on all my weapons, & I use them. I also use a variety of red dot & holo sights plus one magnifying cross hair type scope. The irons are a must have in case a battery packs it in etc.

I have slings on most weapons but only sling them when I need two hands free to perform a task. I like the 2 point adjustable type.

The disadvantages of optics are bulk, battery life *if it is battery powered of course*, cost, performance, weight, durability/ fragile, and looks. People who are milsim or just have OCD wouldn't like a decently priced, simple, civilian red dot over a real or replica red dot or scope used by the military. IMHO, the advantage of an optic outweighs the disadvantages of not having one, regardless if its a civy tube sight or a uber tactitool ACOG w Doctor red dot and BUIS, in FDE *want*

as for optics, I would recommend to stay away from models that sacrifice dot brightness settings for Green and Red dots. The Green dot does not offer any advantage if the brightness settings blind you indoors or at night, and leave a huge muzzle side signature. My replica aimpoint has this feature, and it gives you two settings for each color, which makes it totally useless in the dark or indoors.

I don't use a foregrip on all of my weapons because on some of them it looks out of place and some of them don't have a rail to accomodate a fore-grip.

I use my iron sights on my AK's simply because I like them to be as simple as it can, tactically speaking. However, I do like the way the AK-SU looks with the kobra red dot and think I'm going to pick one at ebaybanned.

Always used a sling, always will. If I have to climb or simply switch to my secondary weapon, I like to have my primary with me in the back.

i don't understand, :unsure: something about green dot sights and brightness?

The sights that swap from red to green are meant to simulate a real steel sight that has a NVG setting. In the real world when you switch from red to NVG the reticle vanishes to the naked eye but is visible through your night sight it appears greenish. It's an extra "lets pretend option". Now if you ran into an enemy who wore all red and fought under red lights then maybe being able to switch over from red would come in handy.

I assume by foregrip you mean vertical foregrips? Except for the guns that come with them fixed I generally don't use them. It felt okay when I tried one on an UMP, but I generally don't bother because most guns require an additional rail, which means more costs and more weight.

I use irons occasionally, but mostly I just point and shoot. I never really use optics. I tried once, but it made my gun feel a little too heavy, and when shouldered I thought the RDS blocked my view to the right of me (since I'm right handed).

Sometimes I use a cheap sling, but I need a better one.

I forgot to mention that I use a one point sling on my guns. I just prefer it over other kinds of slings

I bought one like that, the USMC bunch sling actually. I think it will come in handy compared to a 3 point since your arm that's holding the fore-grip/handguard won't be bothered by the sling.

1. I use a foregrip on my M4. It gives me a much more stable firing platform rather than gripping the magwell.

2. I use iron sights on my M4 and mine are pretty good up to about 40m out. I don't use optics simply because I can't afford a working one at the moment - the last one I bought was an utter piece of ######. The only gun I ever use optics on is my APS-2, and it's a Tasco 3-9x40

3. Of course I use a sling. I like one-point slings. The one I currently use is hooked up to my CIRAS, so it's much more convenient than throwing an entire sling over my body.

Foregrips- It really depends on the gun. I've got a foregrip on my AK CPW that is far forward, and I don't use. I've got nothing on any of my other guns though. I grip the magwell or the handguard on my Sr25 as it's comfortable with a rail cover on the bottom ^__^ and I grab the actual trigger guard on my FAMAS SV.

It really all depends on the weapon I'm using. For example, my M14 and Sr25 are both getting scopes, my AK CPW has a red dot on top, my Hello Kitty Xm8 has a scope, but the rest of my guns (FAMAS, M1014, M3, Skorpion, USP, FiveseveN, G18c, Mac11) are without optics. I'll likely take the red dot off the CPW.

For slings, I have an Iraqi captured AK sling on my M14, and it looks beautiful. I've also got 2 other slings which I'll throw around depending on the weapon I'm using too. A simple sling to shoulder a Skorpion or KWA Mac11 is also very badass too.

for me, foregrips are optional. i just go old school and grip on to the bottom reciever/magazine of my M4.

i sometimes use the iron sights. like i said, i sometimes want to go "old school" and use the classic original iron sights.

slings...i havent been able to afford slings. so many things to buy from airsofting, but slings are on the last part of my list. ill probably buy one soon..but so far, without it, my shoulders and wrists have been pretty sore from lugging my M4/203 around all day. hahahah

Well for my MP7 I had used a foregrip that was on it already lol. Foregrips IMO in airsoft is a bit useless... Slings are what are needed.

Right now my JAC MP5 is my primary and I use a sling for it and the sights. I have an EoTech that I use sometimes too.

original airsoft-er in the house! :concert::lamo::bounce::bestgun::elmo::cookiemonster::domokun::wide-eyed::shocked:

in that order...

i don't understand, :unsure: something about green dot sights and brightness?

In my case, I had an aimpoint replica with the following settings:

Off, High Red, Low Red, High Green, Low green

Real and replica aimpoints generally have five settings, with low for night and high for daytime, and everything in between. Gimmick red dots advertise having a green or red dot *in the case of tube sights and illuminated scopes*, which sacrifice the number of brightness settings for colors, which can make it useless at night. My aimpoint ruins my night vision at night, it is blinding when I try to aim.

On the other hand, EOTech clones that offer red and green, to my experience and knowledge, do not suffer the issue my aimpoint has in terms of brightness as there are two colors and 11 settings for each color, and my aimpoint has two colors and two setting each.

Foregrips: Yes, I prefer stubby ones and move them all the way to the end. Bottom fingers are the only ones that actually touch the grip, while the index is located below the foregrip and the thumb wraps around it. Very stable, and instinctive for me.

Irons: Yes, in that I am confident in using them. Nevertheless, I find optics to be a great advantage and prefer Aimpoints (love the T1).

However, I find that the majority of airsofters seem to skip right over irons, and take the plunge for optics immediately after buying a rifle. They seem to want to run without learning to walk first, which can lead to some scrapped knees.

Sling: Always, its a holster for your rifle. Vickers/Blue Force 2pt for me.

TAA

I use vertical foregrips on my CQB guns as they're so short it uncomfortable to use the magwell/horizontal foregrip.

I use dot sights or scopes on most of my weapons mainly because I prefere them. I still use iorn sights on weapons that just don't look right with anything else such as AK's etc...

I always use a sling It allows me to transition between primary and sidearm quickly and without dropping my AEG on the floor for everyone to step on. They are also useful when you are moving over rough terraine you've got less chance of dropping your pride and joy if you take a little tumble. I prefere a long two point sling over a one point, really don't get on with 3 points at all.

Vertical foregrips:

The only gun I would ever actually use a vertical foregrip on is a stubby killer.

Its just as well I own a stubby killer :P

Iron sights:

Depends on the gun.

Slings:

As often as possible. one point sling or 3 point slings preferably.

On longer rifles I don't like it though. So if I had an M16 or a sniper rifle, I wouldn't put a sling on it.

Archived