Secondary Weapon to M4A1

R-KivE

Hey ppl,

I am looking for a secondary weapon to my M4A1, as I have an old Sig P228 springer which is really quite useless.

I play in Woodland with most encounters being 20/30ft, and CQC is quite rare.

What would be a good gun to choose? was thinking auto pistol/small smg.

Budget would be under 100 squid

Gas, spring or AEP?

If you are looking for something automatic that you can use in the UK, one of TM's aep's would be a good choice. Even though M4's don't weigh too much (usually) you don't really want to lug around something huge.

Remember that all gasses suffer in the winter.

If you really do want a gas side arm good advice would be to look for a chap on the forum called "Snowman" i think, he runs the justpistols.co.uk website, search it in google and settle down for some heavy reading.

His website was the reason why i bought both a KSC Glock 17, and the TM 1911. Both good useable pistols.

Get the HFC m190 from Airsoft Armoury and you won't regret it:

* £70 inc free gas

* Full metal M9 / m92 pistol

* Blowback and heavy (realistic) weight

* Full AND semi auto

* Takes cheapo Bell ACM m9 mags

It's the nuts and you'll find yourself using it even when the M4 is running smoothly - if just to hear them jump when you full-auto their *albatross*!

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1848

As you probably wont be using it much how about a CYMA Glock 18c they're solid little bb chuckers.

There electric so they dont suffer in the winter, full and semi auto, take all the parts for the TM version.

They dont weigh much so you can just stick it in a holster and forget about it until you need it.

The only downside is the slide doesnt blow back so theres not much feeling from it. Oh and its a Glock.

Beter stay away from Electric Blow Back, it's pretty useless. (Feel an dPerformance wise)

For how long the Gas charge lasts - it depends on the Model, but normally more than one and a half mags.

As I only had issues with GBB, I got a CYMA G18c - and I love it! As Glock, it has all good criterias for a side-arm: Easy to use (no fiddly safety), and when I draw it it WORKS and blasts BBs. Something I can rely on and keep heads down. :D

Quick PS: Drawback is that it won't fit to SERPA Holsters without modification.

A fill of gas depending on the pistol will usually last about 2 or 3 reloads worth of ammo.

Now I am not a big pistol fan, but being a sniper type, I have to have one as a back-up.

I've tried many different things, including MP5k (both gas and electric), TM Mk23 Socom, Tanaka Revolver, Tanaka Luger, Stand-alone M203 Launcher with 11 shells (a real hoot but not overly practical) and I have settled in with A TM Hi-Capa 4.3.

Out of all of them, I'd recommend the 4.3 and the Socom.

I'll give my reasonings.

Maruzen Gas MP5k - Brilliant, silly ROF, insane fun, but mags were expensive, heavy and prone to gassing out and cooldown. Not reliable.

TM MP5k - Again, good.... but you're using an AEG already... why have another??

Tanaka Revolver - BLING!! powerful, accurate, but limited capacity.

Tanaka Luger - Brilliant, powerful, accurate, mags can be finicky, best for the WW2 German loadout.

M203 - Hilarious! Intimidation Factor 9.5. Effective. But bulky, difficult to reload and maintenance heavy.

Socom - Great, Powerful, accurate, silent. NBB so good gas consumption, with the silencer it is silent... Brilliant on Green gas... just a bit bulky in the hand.

Hi-Capa. Lovely, compact, good gas consumption, nice and accurate, good blowback (I'm using CO2 mags), perfectly balanced. A joy to use.

Personally, I'd steer away from Electric... purely from the viewpoint that you have one already. Try something different. A nice blow-back.... there is just something about it. And close up pistol kills, nothing more satisfying!

I would also recommend the TM Mk23 socom, best pistol I have used. Outstanding range and accuracy. One of the few gas pistols that is affected by the cold. One gas charge will usually get me 4 to 5 mags worth.

I had an electric glock when I first started but performance is very poor, the mags fall out easy, you usually need to tell people that you shot them with it. Personally I found that performance dropped significantly in the cold. A few of my friends that have used them also felt that they are a lot more inconsistant in cold weather.

the WE MWU and 1911 are good little GBB pistols. I think the 1911 comes with an extra mag as well so saves you buying one. they are pretty cheap and full metal and I use mine more than any other pistol nowadays. I just bought a WE baby hicappa which is a fun GBB and looks pretty unusual.

out of the 3 mentioned above I would go for the 1911 as it's prety bullet proof meaning you can abuse it and it will still work. I see a lot of them on the field so they seem pretty popular.

Springer pistol: KWC S&W 1911 Ultragrade or Taurus 24/7. I find the KWC to be better made than the TM and have capablilities that are not built in the TM's (although TM's are pretty good). The metal content in KWC's is quite high (especially in the Ultragrades and the HPS versions). Don't scoff at the idea of using a springer pistol as I saw guy use one to take out two AEG users when his own AEG had quit. There is nothing made that is more dependable, in nearly all conditions, as a spring pistol and some of the newest models have range, accuracy and power that should not be ignored.

Electric: Cyma CM030 Glock G18c AEP. Best bang for the buck on the market. Loads of spare magazines and batteries available. Always works when the gas guns are having fits. May not have the super power (220 fps), but in close (inside of 100 feet) with it's selective fire and 30 shot standard mags, it's hard not to see why they continue to be so popular.

GBB: HFC Glock G17. Of all my Glocks (and I have nearly all of the KSC's) this is the only one that has'nt failed me in the field. It is'nt pretty and has no trades, but it works. Price is good and the magazines are actually better than the TM's. Power is in the same level as TM's new GBB Glock. Accuracy of the three I own has been excellent.

KJW 1911A1 all metal. I've had two of these since they first came out. Not a single problem (spring, summer and fall) after thousands of shots. The fact that it is TM compatable is nice as well.

TM Sig P226. One of the most popular pistols in the field and there's a good reason for it. It gets the job done. While not as well finished as the 1911A1, MEU or Detonics .45 (my personal favorite), there is no arguing with its accuracy and range. The number of shots from a gas fill is also good.

NBB: TM Mk23. Another pistol we hear about all the time. The reason-once again-it works. There can be magazine issues when using green gas all the time but there are other magazines made that can deal with the pressure issue. I've seen this pistol give AEG users the fits. Range, accuracy and power are all there. However, the Mk23 is not a small package and requires a good sized hand to hold it and holsters are not exactly readily available (however they can be found). Throw the silencer on this puppy and you have one nasty sidearm thats hard to beat.

Springer Shotgun: TSD SD88SRB. One of their newer pump shotguns. Uses the TM style 30 shot shells (comes with 4) but only shoots one BB at a time. Power is in the 300+ range and has very good range and accuracy. The hop-up set up is pretty good as it clicks into position and remains there. Much better than the sliding type. There are two versions, full stock and collapsable ( which I own). Hard to beat for it's price and is easily slung accros the back and barrel is short.

I have to say the best pistol I've had is my CM 030 it's reliable upgradeable it's cheap and it has mags with 100 rounds also with a few mods it can shoot further and longer and still be about as much as a TM MP7 so it's a good buy for your pound. But the only problem is that it is really finicky and small and the screws are really small when you pull it apart which doesn't need to be done much as it's really reliable.

If you want it as an actual back up for woodland then get something cheap but reliable. If you carry a pitol in a thigh rig it is likely to go missing on occasion, get banged about and covered in *suitcase*. Either a clone AEP, NBB or Plastic GBB (saves weight, cost and gas in the cold) would survive well. For actual performance get an MPK on a single point sling and clip it to your kit with a side release buckle, job done. :D

get a clone gas shotgun (shorty), and put it in a scabbard on your back.

this will make people run away in fear when you whip it out, trust me! especially when they've previously been tagged with 5 shots to the head :D

not long range, and not good in the cold, but an absolute hoot to use. i sometimes bin the M4 and run with this as a primary, just to liven things up. and i only play woodland.

do it, you know it makes sense...

get a clone gas shotgun (shorty), and put it in a scabbard on your back.

this will make people run away in fear when you whip it out, trust me! especially when they've previously been tagged with 5 shots to the head :D

not long range, and not good in the cold, but an absolute hoot to use. i sometimes bin the M4 and run with this as a primary, just to liven things up. and i only play woodland.

do it, you know it makes sense...

Yes they are rather fun to use.

Thanks for the replies guys,

I went with a TM Hi-Capa 4.3 stainless.

Looks/feels real nice and I love the blowback!

Lasts a good few mags worth per fill too!

I will skirmish with it this sunday,

Thanks

Archived