AEG Sniper Thread

Shriven

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going to get a new barrel, then you will want to pick up a pair of barrel spacers. The ones designed for the Maruzen APS 2 SV/OR wil work since they have pretty exact dimensions as the psg one. Internally at least. Also, I use an H-nub in my PSG, the black one and man do I love it. Best thing made since sliced bread.

Hi again.

I just installed a fet into this sr25. Its cycling perfectly now, so thanks!

I still have trouble with the feeding/hop tho. its chronoing very low and sounding asif its got two rounds in the chamber. I cant test that at the moment, but I think its something to do with the hop and the funny steel hop spacer because of the long nozzle.

Any ideas?

Couple things, you need to make sure that all of your hop components are sitting exactly where they need to be. It needs to be pushed into the gearbox, into the slot for the hop chamber and so on. My SR25 had that kind of problem too, I had to find way to get the hop up chamber to sit tightly into the gearbox. For me what I did was put a spring over my barrel in front of the hop chamber. If I were you, when putting everything together, manually push things in through the dummy bolt so that they are sitting in tight. You also need to make sure that nothing is obstructing your air nozzle inside that spacer/hop-up chamber. Sometimes there could be too much resistance or the hop-up chamber is seating in a funny angle. Also verify that the air nozzle is actually making contact with the hop rubber, and that it is traveling the distance needed for a BB to enter. At this, check to see if you air nozzle may be too long, if it is, it might be pushing your hop chamber away and not allowing enough space for BB's in. Do all of these checks and I'm sure your problem will be resolved.

I haven't got my hands on one yet - just planning the upgrade path for when I inevitably do.

RSM: What FPS does your dad get on that setup?

Last I checked, it's doing about 475 hop off, FPS range has been .75 a few years back to a max of 2 more recently

I'm probably going to do the easiest stuff first. Tightbore, new HOP rubber, possibly a new nub (will a H-HOP nub fit?), and then look at the more difficult stuff like the chamber block, spring & spring guide, bearings and gears.

The hop unit as far as I can tell is a G3esque drum type, it takes normal hop rubbers and buckings so a H nub will fit just fine.

Possibly, to buck the trend a little (and to ensure I can use it at all UK sites ;) ), I'm going to keep it at 350 FPS. I was thinking a TK Twist barrel might be ideal for this, and help with any accuracy issues from the body flex?

So, I'm looking for a parts list.

TK Twist tightbore barrel (what length? 590mm?) 590 is the stock length, but as others have said I don't think there is a TK one about, there are 6.03s by all the usual suspects though.

HOP rubber - I thought under 350FPS the TM one should be pretty good? It needs to lift 0.25's or 0.28's a fair distance to be useful to me.

TM stock will be fine, again it's all that has been used in my dads and he's been using Digicon .36s/.3s, think in time he'll be moving to .28/.36 HPMs

HOP Nub? See above

Spring? Guarder do an M100, http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-aeg-tune-up-spring-100-for-psg-1.html , combined with a bearing spring guide and the lug that's on a TM piston head (you may want to look into the prommy bearing piston head, it's a better base for the spring to rest on and being a vented type should seal better, or you could filed down the lug and place a flat washer just shy of the inner diameter of the piston body (this will reduce precomp from the lug by about 20fps from testing) and port the stock marui piston head

PDI Chamber block (possibly)

Anything else I desperately need? Shouldn't need to change too much to get 350 FPS, as I thought these came out of the box about 300 - 310?

Of course, my ideal scenario is that installing the new barrel ups the FPS to 350 straight away - if this is the case, I can then just think about the chamber block, and leave everything else.

However, I've no experience with TK Twist barrels. Not sure what kind of boost you'd get, if any, to your FPS from installing one? So I'll probably have to change the spring as well, not sure what for though.

Ben.

RSM, you probably missed this, but the TM stock barrels are not fine. TM cuts the PSG barrel right over the hop-up rubber area to vent air. They probably did this to make the PSG comply with their velocity laws, he is going to have to change that barrel if he want's consitancy.

RSM, you probably missed this, but the TM stock barrels are not fine. TM cuts the PSG barrel right over the hop-up rubber area to vent air. They probably did this to make the PSG comply with their velocity laws, he is going to have to change that barrel if he want's consitancy.

Que? :huh:

The only parts I said were fine stock were the hop unit/rubber for what L4byr1nth is aiming to do with it, I did point out that the barrel length is 590mm and that there are replacements out there by 'the usual suspects' by which I mean Madbull (6.03), KM (6.04) and PDI.

The PSG I have to hand chrono'd at 305fps out of the box before upgrading and last time I was in the gun to take a look at the hop rubber/nub it looked like any other AEG barrel out there, however this particular PSG was bought back in 2005, so it TM have added a 'velocity reducer' in light of the new laws it's news to me.

• 1 month later...

I didn't use an SR12 for sniping, but with the following up/downgrades I manage to hit a man size target at... lets say 50m+ again and again:

( I estimated the distance, I easily could be wrong )

- KM 6.04mm 509mm with teflontape spiralled down the barrel as a barrel spacer

- White ( widest ) H nub from Big O

- Madbull M100 spring to achieve 355-361 FPS w/ 0.20

Using Biostar 0.25. I bet, using better quality, I could achieve better accuracy

I was using semi, just not ' sniping '. More using it as a civi carabine with a microdot. Works well !

The only reason I've sold it was because it was too long, I have an SR10 now ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Has any one used the ares m110. If so whats it like is it worth the money.

Cheers Gaz

Ares M110. God what a pain in the *albartroth* they are. Gun is good in theory. but in practice they are just infuriating hopup is terrible, locked onto the front of the gearbox until that is out of the lower, which is irritating. takes a standard piston, sort of. need to be modded for the quick chance spring guide or they get raped. Trigger set is a pain too. its microswitched, which is cool. but it takes custom cutoff and selector plate which is, again, annoying. My opinion, dont.

• 2 weeks later...

M4 DMR.

I want to get a free float hand-guard of some sort to reinforce the spr-ish look, but on the other hand I love the look of the stock hand-gaurds. It just seems so utilitarian and light.

Anyway, used to be a jgm16. Now the only thing that is JG is the tappet plate :P So on too whats been done, all work done by me.

Gearbox

~Prommy Airnozzle

~Systema Duracon w/14 o-ring

~Guarder CylinderHead

~Modify Gears and Gearbox

~Extreme Fire AB_Long Mosfet

~AGM High Torque(Recently replaced burnt out src)

~Guarder sp150

~(DIY) Polished Cylinder and Piston guide Rails, #14 o-ring, Silicon Sealant applied too Cylinderhead, Grease used in compression parts is dielectric grease(It lowers the fps but does wonders for compression).

Hopup/Barrel Assembly

~Airsoft research syndicate Hopup Bucking

~Custom shortened Prommy tightbore 363mm(Dremel Oh-yah!)

~Prometheous NeoStrike Chamber

~SCS

~(DIY) -Shaved off alot of the front of the tappet plate to get airnozzle to seat further into the chamber.

-Eliminated slop between the hopup arm and chamber with superglue and baking soda(Instantly dries the superglue).

-Scotch tape barrel spacers

-Proper Installation of SCS Spacer

-Shortening of the tight bore barrel. Polished the inside as well.

-Sealed everything with silicon sealant.

Whew... o_O $500-600. Hours of work.

I believe it shoots at 500fps. My chrono doesn't have a setting to chrono .3g bb's so I don't think the joule conversion was right. SO I used .4gs and the joule conversion came out at 500fps with .2g. But using bioshot .30g it shoots 400fps +/- 2-3. The consistency of the fps is a point of pride for me considering what I had to do to achieve it.

Nigh-instant trigger response and just today I was planting .3g BB's onto a 12 by 15 inch piece of carboard at 250 feet. Discounting the little head :crazy: Oh also, didn't overestimate the range. Talk is cheap. But 300ft worth of measuring tape is gold.

Photo0359.jpg

• 1 month later...

Don't knock the M4 platform for sniper rifles, I have an M4 with a 363mm 6.01mm tightbore in it that shoots smaller groups than my expensively upgraded VSR-10! I've messed about with the furniture on it so it can be changed from standard M4 w/ ironsights to scary great lumpy thing with big scope on it in under 2 mins, and if "commitment" is an issue then you can always put a huge silencer on it to make it longer and more awkward.

It comes down to careful hopup tuning and getting the airseal right, my hop rubber is attached to the barrel with silicon sealant, giving a perfect airseal, and this was the final factor in making it more accurate than my VSR.

With all the furniture on and the silencer it's as long as my G3 and with short (20rd) mags it looks the part for a semi-auto sniper rifle, only it can be converted to a normal rifle in minutes and retains full-auto.

Hi guys,

important question (for me).

Does GnG GR25 magazines fits A&K SR25?

bought Magpul PMAGS LR20, but they dont fit as expected and I still can't fixed the huge woble. Now I want to buy VN style for my SR25 (low caps), but only G&G makes them...

tnx

I would like to know this as well. Also, J.J.Simpson, mind linking me to where you bought the LR20s? I love the look of them but didn't know Magpul made them for airsoft.

EDIT: Nevermind, found them on eHobbyAsia

Hi guys,

bought one from RSOV.COM and one from ebairsoft.com (a ka ebaybanned). Made a race :D I believe bought arrived almost at the same time. I was still able to score free XMAS shipping ;]

Be aware. LR20 mags wobble really really in a PJ or A&K SR25 AEG. I had to do some custom work today, and I almost fixed them. Now they are sturdy in place. Modified mag catch hole on LR20 with some plastic sheet and super glue to reach the right dimensions.

Still look forward to G&G small 50 bbs mags question. ARE THEY USABLE IN A&K SR25?

Archived