The Mosfet Thread

crackisbad

i thnink the circuit is pretty much the same for all active break, as it is a dc motor controll

circuit

discover circuits looks more complex than what is required for aeg.

edn.com last page has an article on the circuit,i have built this one with

the components specified previousl.

as for rest state, i would not see any draw but it is possible if the fet diode leaked.

but i would also suggest that any battery lipo especially, be disconnected when not

in use.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HELP!

Just fitted a FET (Infected) to my AGM M14... The motor spins beautifully but the gears don't spin when it's connected back up. The gun just gives a 'click' when I pull the trigger!

It was firing fine before I fitted the fet and all I have done to the gun itself is to solder the fet in place. I also tried spinning the gear I can see (when the motor is off) by hand and it doesn't seem to move.

What's gone wrong?

i have this problem with my M14 and its AB mossy (not infected one)

Agm m14 with m120 spring. Bearings. Guarder, tm and systema internals.

I don't remember if that's built off the TM design, but I know that on the right side of the TM/CYMA gearbox there are two screws that hold the safety lever in place (I think). The two screws in it are different lengths. Swap them by accident and it'll pin the sector gear in place and keep it from turning. You might want to check that out.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirem this, I will quote from magpul Picture Thread:

make a cutout in a Magpul MIAD grip and put the cheetah in there. I believe Trichrome did this, I dunno if he was successful or not. The problem there is 1: the mass or wires 2: the heat generated by a motor like a magnum (GETs VERY HOT!!!).

Is it posible to put a Cheetah mosfet in a MIAD grip, without damage the motor and mosfet in that time from the heat ?

Need a little help here.I have a tm psg 1 that i want to do away with the pre cocking mech on it and run it on a 11.1v lipo,i have changed the wiring and removed the lever that disengages the trigger contact's so now it works full auto.If i fit a mosfit with active bracking will this allow me to fire on semi or is their a mosfit that i could fit that would allow me to fire on semi?

I really like this aeg but i hate the way tm made the thing work.

Hey i just built my mosfet and for some reason, when i plug in the battery it will automatically start shooting, its not that my trigger is stuck on the bridge, it just something up with the mosfet, i removed the mosfet and tried it with out, and it was fine.

Am i not using the capacitors? Or is it the actual mosfet unit?

Hey i just built my mosfet and for some reason, when i plug in the battery it will automatically start shooting, its not that my trigger is stuck on the bridge, it just something up with the mosfet, i removed the mosfet and tried it with out, and it was fine.

Am i not using the capacitors? Or is it the actual mosfet unit?

Capacitors???

Sounds like either you have the wrong value resistor and toasted your gate, or possibly overheated and killed the p-channel fet. And there's also the possibility you have a short somewhere.

can you give us a parts list of what you used?

Had the same problem. I just kept the battery plugged in, then pulled the trigger on semi, and the mosfet 'reset' itself (best way I can describe it) and the gun stopped firing. Next trigger pull fired as normal. I then opened up the gun to see what was wrong.

Upon inspectation, the heatshrink I had insulated the solder joint on the bottom contact of the trigger switch had a slit in it, exposing the joint. This had caused a short, bridging the contacts of the trigger switch via the wall of the gearbox shell. The only thing that stopped it was the trigger itself, which nudged the wiring enough on the second (normal) trigger pull to break the connection, thus making the gun fire as normal.

Take a look in your gearbox to ensure all the wiring is intact and that all connections are insulated

thinks infected for the quick response.

Im using, a 100 OMH 2%, 1/4 Watt

and a ..... 27K OMH 2%, 1/4 Watt

With this mosfet

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDe...MPN=IRF1404ZPBF

27K Ohm is much much much higher than you really need.

I'm guessing you're using just a MOSFET, not an active braking system. Do you have clear picture of the mosfet in question (not covered in heat shrink or anything)?

27K Ohm is much much much higher than you really need.

I'm guessing you're using just a MOSFET, not an active braking system. Do you have clear picture of the mosfet in question (not covered in heat shrink or anything)?

looking at the RDS(on) for the fet he is using datasheet for it it is far too high. most the ones ive been looking at are 0.2 not 2.7

looking at the RDS(on) for the fet he is using datasheet for it it is far too high. most the ones ive been looking at are 0.2 not 2.7

Um, it's actually .00027 ohms..... that's perfectly fine. The 1404 from IRL was the defacto standard mosfet for a long while. The 27K ohm resistor is not a problem, but is way higher than it needs to be. I need to know from him if it's an active braking setup, or just a mosfet. If it's only got one fet, then it's just a mosfet. It sounds like a short or a fet that got overheated during the soldering process.

I'll get a picture up in a few hours. I was thinking it got over heated as well but 5 of them? I made 5 mosfets and same thing happened to all five.

I'm just build a standard mosfet, no active breaking. I'll put up a picture in a bit.

If you're applying heat too long to the drain or source pin, that can very well happen. Or, you just made them wrong :D.

its, red purple orange red, the packaging i got them from says 27k OHM

yea that is 27k, it looked red on the photo.

1st 2 colour band = number

3rd = number of 0's

then you have 1 on its own that just an identifier ring that has nothing to do with the coding

(this is the international colour code)

Archived