Who makes the best MP5s?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best MP5s?

• ICS
    • TM
    • CA
    • Other

Other: Youth Engineering (YE) MP5

Realism (noise, recoil, hk-slap capable), reliability (you can even fire it underwater), durability (high quality metal, not cheap pot metal like that found in ICS and CA AEGs).

The only downside is that it's almost impossible to find extra magazines for it.

i voted : other YE mp5

for all the reasons malo quoted. it f*ckin rules all mp5s

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CA.

Better weight, SEF receiver and some trades.

Word.

i think the TM mp5 series are in my oppinion my personal favorites just because they arnt full metal doesnt mean they arnt good, TM have made some of the most popular guns so far and i dont see anyone beating them...

i know this has nouthing to do with the gun its self but look at the box the ics m4 or mp5 comes in and then look at the nice box the TM one comes in.

So you'd rather have a plstic, weak gun and not a pre-upgraded metal reliable gun for atiny bit more money?

Oh, and TM has a nicer box? Ok. You hide behind your nice box whilst I rip it to shreds with my CA mp5SD6 BIAAAAAAAAAAATCH. [/ebonics]

Odd thing is, it's the same situation with the Armalites and the majority of people still prefer the CA. I'd love for somebody to explain why that is.  :blink:

I thnk it's because CA is cheaper. If you look at a CA m15a4 carbine and a ICS m4a1, the CA (at HK street prices) is about $600 cheaper.

I don't know if this is the case with ICS mp5s though.

i have to say i havent used either the CA or ICS mp5s but the tm mp5 a5/a's i have used have not been amazingly impresive- In TM'S defence noone has mentioned the mp5k or pdw - okay i'd like a metal body but the build quality on them is miles better than the standard mp5s and they actually feel solid - you can actually holw 1 just by the front grip - do that with any normal mp5 ure likely to have ure mp5 hit concrete - my bit amano

I have that exact gun, but the box was red not blue

Really? Hmm... I also saw the SD guns come in that blue box with the A4 on the cover...

camp5sd6.jpg

But in the review of the CA MP5SD5 (in the review section), the box is plain brown cardboard box. Are they all the same version, or different? CA's box cover design is sooo confusing. :huh:

Mainly because CA has gone through so many versions. The brown boxes are from their earlier runs pre-dating the M15 series. As CA advanced to their M15 level of production in around 2003 AD, they appear to have improved their MP5 line as well.

Mainly because CA has gone through so many versions. The brown boxes are from their earlier runs pre-dating the M15 series. As CA advanced to their M15 level of production in around 2003 AD, they appear to have improved their MP5 line as well.

Do you know if CA officially designated different version numbers to the pre-M15 and post-M15 MP5s, and what exactly is the difference between the two besides the boxes?

Do you know if CA officially designated different version numbers to the pre-M15 and post-M15 MP5s, and what exactly is the difference between the two besides the boxes?

My MP5 is nearly 2 years old and it's exactly the same as (if a little more battered than) the one a mate bought a couple of months ago, which came in a fancy box.

So, how many versions of CA MP5s have there been?  Is the latest version come in a box that look like this?

MP5A5lightedpic3.jpg

Anybody got one that come in a box look like that?

The blue box is the newest of the CA MP5 line up. I own one. They come with a few more reinforced parts and the metal is excellent in quality, it is comparable to my hurricane metal body for my SR16.

If anyone has any more questions go ahead. I have had experience with TM, ICS, and CA MP5's.

But CA has my vote. My mags work fine. The metal is excellent. Everyone is comparing the older models/versions of CA to the other brands. I agree in the past models CA had poor metal quality and the mags were loose and had feeding problems. But now in the newer models are so much better.

The blue box is the newest of the CA MP5 line up. I own one. They come with a few more reinforced parts and the metal is excellent in quality, it is comparable to my hurricane metal body for my SR16.

If anyone has any more questions go ahead. I have had experience with TM, ICS, and CA MP5's.

But CA has my vote. My mags work fine. The metal is excellent. Everyone is comparing the older models/versions of CA to the other brands. I agree in the past models CA had poor metal quality and the mags were loose and had feeding problems. But now in the newer models are so much better.

Hi,

Which brand do you advise ? CA or ICS ?

Archived