TSI Tavor Update

rws591

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how in depth of a modification the bumper/buffer is? Considering the gun was done when the upgrade was requsted, you'd think that this would be a "drop-in" type mod. That should translate into a quick turn around. Hopefully some of us will have good news today.

I wonder how in depth of a modification the bumper/buffer is? Considering the gun was done when the upgrade was requsted, you'd think that this would be a "drop-in" type mod. That should translate into a quick turn around. Hopefully some of us will have good news today.

That's kind of the issue you encounter when a company is forced to deal with outside vendors. There's only so much TSI can do in house, and sometimes to meet capacity or schedules small portions of a job may need to be outsourced. But outsourcing is a complicated process in of itself. Outside vendors tend to re-prioritize jobs according to their own perceived priorities on a company by company basis. Being promised a week turnaround time that later evolves to a 2 or 3 week process is frustratingly common especially when a bigger job comes in that guarantees more money. All of a sudden, your smaller jobs get bumped to the back of the queue. I've seen this in every service industry from machine shops to print shops. And it sucks for everyone, from the company waiting for the parts to the customer waiting for the finished product. And everyone in that equation are often equally in the dark.

Not so much if they're on facebook though, obviously.

LOL. Being on Facebook doesn't imply they know what their vendors are doing if the vendors aren't keeping their own promises. Simply that they're doing their best to keep as many people informed through out the world (not just Arnies) with whatever pertinent updates that come up. If they're not updating people it's mostly because they're in the dark with their outsourced vendors who promised them one thing and not delivering on schedule. Delays at the head of a pipeline trickles down through the rest of the pipe like a ripple effect. It's not that TSI are dodging/avoiding their customers, simply that up until recently they had nothing new to report as some delays are out of their hands. Giving constant reports that some might interpret as excuses or passing the buck, can be just as damaging to their rep and frustrating to customers as rare/infrequent communications. It looks like they did the best that they can to get everything ready so that as soon as the parts came in they can get them all through final assembly and out to people, and only updated people when there was something worthwhile sharing.

In a production pipeline things theoretically should go smoothly and quickly. It never works out that way though as there are too many unpredictable obstacles. I know Guy. He's not out to rip people off. He's simply doing the best that he can given the circumstances. Fortunately, it appears the vendor finally came through for him, so he can get things shipped out. I'd rather Guy get it done right and get a product out that he's proud of, than something he feels fell short of his intentions.

This pre order hasn't met one deadline yet. Disappointing? Yes, but it's a pre order! By it's very definition you have to wait. The fact that TSI, for whatever reason, did not make it's stated deadlines tipped me off that should I choose to wait for the IDF upgrades, most likely it wouldn't happen in the seven day time frame TSI hoped for. I'm excited about the guns shipping on Monday. If it doesn't happen, then I will have expected it. If it does, great! USCMCORPS is right. There are to many variables to expect perfection in deadlines.

Once you receive the rifle and it turns out to be great, you'll forget about the wait. RS SVD is good example.

One thing that bothers me is should I ask for the free rail and could this mean more waiting ? (Somehow I don't think additional rails are ready).

One thing that bothers me is should I ask for the free rail and could this mean more waiting ? (Somehow I don't think additional rails are ready).

Well, they did say the rails would ship with the guns, and they said the guns are ready to ship, minus IDF upgrades, so i am thinking you're safe on that one.

I agree with bknewcomb's analysis, but maybe when you shoot your request to Guy, you could ask him to confirm it won't introduce a delay?

...and then obviously tell us if it does - I can imagine loads of people won't want to wait for that free rail if it means a delay ;)

Just spotted this on FB from about an hour ago:

We are resuming shipping today, and will be steadily shipping units from now until the 2nd week of November.

All sales in the US are still going directly through our site, with approx. 80 guns left of the first production batch.

Archived