TSI Tavor Update

rws591

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it'll be worth it! It really is a beautiful piece of work. Any issues at this point are minor, and some are just in the eye of the beholder. It was worth seven months.

So how accurate does it shoot? What's the hop like? What FPS? What's the rate of fire like? What does it sound like- e.g can you hear the motor/ gearbox whine etc?

Cheers

Tony

I think he's still waiting for a battery.

Ok so no one will really know whether it was worth waiting seven months or not until the gun is tested unless of course its a wall adornment.

I'm not impressed with the mag issues after all the delays based on quality control. Factory acceptance testing and user acceptance testing seems to have been missed out unless Bknewcomb has a turkey.

I'm not impressed with the mag issues after all the delays based on quality control. Factory acceptance testing and user acceptance testing seems to have been missed out unless Bknewcomb has a turkey.

It's a fair point, but I also think that if I'd bought an Ares Tavor I'd want this to end badly too.

I think it's far too early to tell.

It's a fair point, but I also think that if I'd bought an Ares Tavor I'd want this to end badly too.

I think it's far too early to tell.

I certainly do not want this to end badly as I want to buy one! I want the confidence that the TSI version is superior. I got an Ares version because I was not happy about TSI lack of pictures, poor commitment to delivery and failure to deliver on promises. I want to play with a TAVOR and have have had that fun in the last seven months

More than once my mouse pointer hovered over the TSI Armouries buy button even though I has my Ares TAVOR next to me. Mag compatibility is something they should have tested thoroughly and made a statement about.

Update:

Borrowed av 8.4v today. Everything worked and sounded great. Couldn't test the FPS because I had no chrono, but it tore the heck out of a stack of pizza boxes.

Also couldn't really test hopup due to us shooting indoors. The range we needed wasn't there.

Looks like the only functionality problem with mine was a probably faulty mag catch which I suspect isn't a cronic problem.

I’ve compiled a cronological list of TSI announcements made on this forum, email or Facebook:

TSI on Aug 19th

The production samples have come in, and in good shape. A small fire has been lit under the vendor's bum to expedite production.

TSI on Sep 16th

Gentleman,

Our guns will start shipping in a few days. The guns will ship out in three batches: the first batch will go out on the 19th, the second batch on the 31st, and the third batch will ship on October 9th.

The guns will ship in the same order they were purchased, and each one of you will be getting an email with a tracking number once your order has shipped out.

Please refrain from sending us emails asking what order number yours is, as we are all working around the clock assembling and testing products, and there are not enough hours in a day to respond to individual emails...

As always, we appreciate you patience and support.

Best regards,

Guy Ayal

TSI Armories LLC

TSI on Sep 23rd

Thank you Amoki, I couldn't have said it better myself.

All I can add to that is that each and every gun is inspected so carefully, that even scratched parts are rejected, even at the cost of disassembling and reassembling the gun.

We are as eager to get these out to you as much as you are eager to get your hands on...and are doing everything in our power to make it happen sooner then later.

Your orders are going out BEFORE a large order is going out to the IDF...just to show you how much we value your faith and business

TSI on Oct 9th

Gents,

As some of you may know, our C.T.A.R was chosen by the IDF as there new training platform. In the process of evaluating the gun, a few test units were sent to the IDF with a simple request - try and break them.

We have received their feedback last week (hence my limited availability) and a few requests (a polite way of saying "demands") were made -

1. A different, flatter finish on the top metal parts (parts were sand blasted and re-anodized to mil spec standards)

2. Better water-proofing for the electronics

3. A "buffer" in front of the magwell to facilitate faster, smoother magazine changes and reloads.

All three items were implemented immediately.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, if your order is part of the second batch, your gun is ready to ship. We would like to offer you the same upgrades at no additional cost, just because we want you to have the best product we can deliver. You are looking at about a 7 days delay in the shipping time should you choose to upgrade. The third batch will not be effected and will ship as planned at the end of the month, upgrades included.

If you DO NOT want to have the above mentioned upgrades in your order, please respond with a simple "no thank" to this email and your order will ship immediately.

Please note the upgrades must be done in the assembly stage, and will not be offered as an aftermarket upgrade.

Best regards,

Guy Ayal

TSI Armories LLC

TSI on Oct 17th

The only thing holding up the shipment are the new magazine bumpers - due mid next week (original delivery date was this past Thursday)

TSI on Oct 17th

We are expecting an update from the optics manufacturer on Monday.

The magazine bumper (or buffer) was designed to compensate for the size difference in the magazine well between real steel (magazine well) and airsoft (magazine), and to facilitate smoother, faster mag changes. It was one of the changes requested bu the IDF.

TSI on Oct 20th

yes, first batch is out, second will be out within the week

third will ship out late next week or the beggining of the following

TSI on Oct 23rd

News update - the magazine buffers arrived yesterday, fitment is perfect! They will be assembled over the weekend, and the second batch will be shipping out Monday.

TSI on Oct 26th

We are resuming shipping today, and will be steadily shipping units from now until the 2nd week of November.

All sales in the US are still going directly through our site, with approx. 80 guns left of the first production batch.

TSI on Oct 27th

Another quick update - the orders are shipped in the order they were received. We have the side rails and the rear optic mounts in stock, and for those of you who were promissed a free accessory - they are shipping with the guns.

TSI on Oct 27th

yes - all of the pre-orders are shipping with extra outer barrels as promised. If you have a MARS replica on order, it will not hold up the shipment of the gun.

So my question is, who received the first batch ? (TSI on Oct 20th)

IDF ? That would contradict what TSI said on Sep 23rd.

Preorders ? Anyone got a preorder before Oct 20th ?

Not necessarily. The impression I (I can't emphasis this is my impression and mine alone) got:

Pre-production run: IDF samples for large quantity order (this order was made waaaay before pre-ordering started in May)

First ,Second and Third Batch: Order 1-80 (I think it was said somewhere there were 80 pre-orders) So that makes roughly ~30 guns per batch, and roughly ~3 guns shipped out per day)

Fourth Batch: Large IDF production

Fifth Batch: commerical made-to-demand/ limited & final run? (similar to TSI Galil)?

Archived